Do People Cut Their Fan Leafs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now im divided between taking off those two yellowed out fan leaves or not...

give it a light tug the opposite way it grows to see if its ready

tom-tom said:
ok well the leafs are still nice and green ,,when its time to harvest do they die our somethin cause it looks like they will be green still and healthy when its time to harvest ,,but do u guys think the buds will get fatter if i cut back the fan leafs ,,??do the fan leafs have any thing to do with bud production are they just for the veg stage for the plant to grow up and get bushy ,are like i said do the fan leafs $uck in light to help produce the buds ???

They go really yellow from flushing, if you dont flush you may not experience this so much.

headband said:
give it a light tug the opposite way it grows to see if its ready
yeah dude, if they`re ready to come off give em a "slight" tug down.
if it`s ready it`ll fall off by itself, "IMHO" let em do it themselves.

- :lama: :lama: -

....careful when tugging those leafs off...if they arent quite ready, you can strip a little string of stem off (say that 5 times fast)..down the shaft of the stem, which, probably isnt good. I like to just leave a 2-3" tag or so on my LST wires, at the point where they attach to the plant ..that way i can use the wire to gentle grab some leafs and move them out of the way, so areas below may receive better light..they are still receiving light..and participating in the photosynthisis party, they are just outta the way ;)

ok u guys i got it worked out so thank u all,,is what i did is i tied them out of the way so the light can hit the cola ,so its all good now the light is hitting the coloa nice and strong ,,

if the leaf is yellow there is little to no chlorophyl .without chlorophyl you don't photosynthasize so you aren't makeing sugar.
My rule of thumb is put a little pressure on the leaf stem if it's ready to come off it will ,kindda like baby teeth.

Latest posts

Back