do you spray mist on your plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I spray mist on my plants plan water just to give them a little loister and to sort of mimic rain, i am not sure if this is good or bad for them, what i am wondering is now that i have start a 12/12 light cycle. is it harmful in anyway to contiue spraying the plants when and after thy start to flower?

I don't mist my plants...if you do no problem, but once you get to a certain point in flower I would be careful. Especially if you don't live in an arid climate. Bud rot sucks Monkey Balls. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
I don't mist my plants...if you do no problem, but once you get to a certain point in flower I would be careful. Especially if you don't live in an arid climate. Bud rot sucks Monkey Balls. Jmo

no mist for your plants, kewl i was under the inpression that plants needed it and i did not know that was the cause of bud rot, thanks for the great advice Hamster.

mist in veg be what I do but sone as yual flip and budd start to form stop mistin and be mindfull yur humidity through flower. Hamster be a pilgrem aint likly to steer yual wrong ;)

BWD

I do all the time..even in flower...you will get many opinions on this one...as it can cause rot it isnt the only cause of it...misting in some cases is needed to raise the humidity..especially in flower, where the RH is lower...Misting in flower with proper air flow..plants Love it

take care and be safe

The only thing I mist is my clones, as my humidity is ample.

But it is all about air flow:aok:

I have less then 20 % humidity in my flower room, i live in a desert. I not only mist I shower them, but try not to get the buds wet. I do it in the morning only, never at night. And not when they are ready for harvest. They have a lot of air too.

I only mist clones - and then once in a blue moon. Someone mentioned RH and really, thats what its all about indoors. If your RH is really low then maybe a mist could help. Buds tend to hold onto moisture which can leed to mold so just be cautious. A solid RH should eliminate the need to mist.

Keep in mind, although we are working with a plant whose natural environment is outdoors - the strains we use have been selectively bred and back-crossed to produce copious amounts of bud. Meaning that replicating all the elements nature may provide, is not always necessary.

Misting is fine as long as you are not soaking them. When I mist my plants i do it from at least a foot away.

If your humidity is high, it is dangerous to mist after you get into later flowering and I would not recommend it. Mold/bud rot is a real possibility. Some strains have buds so dense that they are susceptible to it even without misting.

i mist with 5ml/gal of CANNA Rhizotonic (helps promote faster root growth) and 2 drops/gal of Super Thrive (hormone) using R.O. water only. As recommended, no more than 4 times per day and quitting the mist once buds start showing up.

My room maintains a constant 35% humidity and 75°F temp so it's been pretty rewarding to know i haven't had any mold or parasite problems so far.

From Fall through Winter my Rh is almost always 20% and I never worry about needing to raise it. I will mist my plants in veg every now and then, but once they go to my flower tent I pretty much stop all misting. Just don't see the benefits out weighing the negatives. Like THG said, some strains grow such dense buds that not much is needed for bud rot to show.

Latest posts

Back