does anyone know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtledro

Reaction score
the process of a drug asssessment? My friend was ordered by the court to take a drug assessment, and we were wondering if he was still going to be able to smoke. Will they even test him? Will there be penaltys if he fails?

he'll have to talk to a counsler thats the assesment. or that was my experince any way. i guess it depends on where you are. hope this helps

In my experience, a drug assessment is a test given to many people who are convicted of drug-related charges, and sometimes probation cases. A drug assessment is almost always court-ordered. They usually ask you to take a written exam asking about any type of past or present drug use. Just say NO to as many questions as you can without being suspicious! Many drug assessments also take a urine sample. The majority, not all, of people ordered to take a drug assessment, usually end up having to take Chemical Abuse classes. Hope I was helpful.

Mal C
:fly:

I had to take one rather 2, once when I got my DUI and again when I got arrested and alcohol was involved. I did not have to pee, a counselor asked me questions I answered them honestly,even the ones on MJ. I was under the impression it was to see whether or not I could get into one of their rehab programs, hence assessment. The second time in I poured my guts out about my drinking, I was a hurting pup and all I wanted was some help. The counselor who was a recovered alkie herself, 20 some years, told me I was too young to really be a hardcore case, I was like 31 LOL. She told me AA would help, it didn't I eventually got sober on my own. So here in the Philly area drug assessments are for just that assessing if you need their help getting sober, like I said I did not pee and anything I said was kept between me and the counselor, she really was nice and whatnot but the system is there for one reason...money. The system for drug amd alcohol rehab in the gov't sector is pathetic it's also part of the 11 billion or so a year that goes toward the drug war LOL.

Sorry for the rant but I think all they will care about is whether he brings his check and whether they can milk some more money out of him by ordering him to attend rehab type classes.

And with something this serious I must reitereate that I live near Philly and that is how it is done up here.....so I speak from the heart and my experience and you must take into account that I do not know you friends situation or laws in his area, but I wish him the best.

It's all part of the gov't making their money on drugs and alcohol, you know making money off sick people without really helping them...what's the bigger evil. Once again best of luck to your friend, and tell him if he does have a problem to be honest maybe he can get some help.

I also had one of these drug assessments because of an alcohol-related incident in which some pot was also found. It involved talking to a drug counselor and taking a few exams that are supposedly lie-proof. My results were that I was guarded about my drug experiences which prompted court ordered drug rehab with this particular clinic and pee tests until I finished the clinic. Not happy times, that's for sure. I say try to lie his way through it or he will be in classes for sure. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Yeah see here you do the assessment and after that you get assigned probabtion. Here in Philly area it is strictly a counseling session. The pee starts after that LOL, I was straight up with my PO, to an extent he was cool and he was willing to look the other way if I stayed off the juice. He was cool and I have a million thanks to give him, he treated me like a man and I the same. If he has to pee, I wouldn't lie too bad....they're gonna know regardless. but if he doesn't and he chooses to lie, I see nothing wrong with that at all. So much advice could be given, it depends on a lot of things IMO, first offense? Is he already on probation? Where is he located (roughly)? What is he getting charged with?

And to be honest with you these questions are best answered by a lawyer not us whackos LOL. Is there a lawyer here? There has to be, if we promise not to tar and feather you you should make your presence known. Of course legal advice costs money but tips and educational links on the law wouldn't hurt.

Also I know they have laws and penalties listed but I am not sure if they would have the info he is asking but tell him to check out norml.org, they are there to help...seriously. Lawyers and whatnot are linked to the site and might be better able to give him answers.

Latest posts

Back