Dog Gardner Hollie Ollie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!! What strain are they? Are those outside? They look like they are in a garden with mulch but then I see a chair leg.

These are bag seeds I collected, so I do not know what actual strain they are. the top one is actually planted in the ground, the smaller one is in large pot with a plastic cover to help heat and grow..I hope.Both were planted in the ground at the same time prior to my gardener pup Hollie decided otherwise. She broke the small one off at the stem and topped the one in pics 123. I'm still praying for the little girl to take off, still a bit early, only 5 days in soil with root hormone. If not, I have collected a Purple seed from a recent buy that is next on the list.

I have the age old question regarding the smaller of my 2 plants. I used the root hormone to get this one a boost when I replanted it, but now its been more than a week, and I am not seeing any change in "her". Is there something that I can watch for other than growth to see if the hormone took? She is still green on the top as you can see in the pics, but ....
Any input anyone?
Thanks

Hey everyone.. Hollie's efforts at foul play I believe are going to pay off for us... Any input on the smaller of the 2 plants would be helpful.. She doesnt look as happy and healthy as the one in the ground.
Thanks for looking ...

the first 2 pics are the one I planted with the root hormone.. she be growing... woohoo
View attachment swtbd6.jpg

View attachment swtbd7.jpg

Here is the one planted in the ground. Her left stem is the one with the post in it.

View attachment swtbd210.jpg

View attachment swtbd211.jpg

View attachment swtbd212.jpg

View attachment swtbd213.jpg

and Yes those are tomatoe plants you see....

hi ollie!...
I used the root hormone to get this one a boost when I replanted it
.."rooting hormone" isn't for transplanting, It is for forming roots and usually contains a fungicide. Though I don't think it will harm it in any way. As long as she isn't dieing, she will take of once over the transplant shock and starts getting new roots out into your new soil.
....oops..I see new growth already..;)

lookin great, i still need to read up on the whole topping buissness is it worth doing for a first time grower doggie gardner

doggie gardner is really a dog.. her name is Hollie and she is a 8 month old aussie shep/german shep pup.

swtbd10.jpg swtbd9.jpg

I don't know, this is the little one..the one I used rooting hormone with. These look like balls to me, unless this is how its suppose to look. Can anyone HELP with input please????
the plant has only been in dirt for about 2 weeks. It was in water prior to that. Take a look at the other pics.. its too soon for blooming. Can I stop this?

The pictures are a little blurry to tell for sure. But, they definitely look like balls to me. :(

swtbd214.jpg
swtbd215.jpg
She has a slight skunkie smell, but theres more to it.. very fragrant leaves.

Everything is looking great but i can't see anything that would tell me it's male or female. Just keep an eye out for little white hairs or balls. ;)

Well fellow Growers.... the smaller of the 2 plants is for sure a male. It's been topped and removed from the area the other BIG plant is at. I have read where male plants are destroyed, so I'm wondering should I just pull the rest up and get rid of it, or can I let him grow for seed production? Also, will the seeds produced from this plant be all male? So if anyone that has way more experience than I in growing can give me input on the male plant, please help me out. Thanks alot.....

If you are thinking seeds,
The thing to do is get the male outa there. Seperate the male away from the females. Remember the slightest air movement can carry pollen a long ways to reach it's target. Place a bag like the bags that a bottle of wine would come in, (long and made out of paper), over a branch on the male. Secure as best as possible without harming the plant. Hit the bag just enough to get the pollen into it. Take the bag over to the female of your choice and repeat the process carefully. When you are done with the pollinating, wait at least half an hour then heavily mist or water down the female to kill off the pollen so that it doesn't spread from there. Remember that if you put a couple of grains of white uncooked rice into the bag, then store it somewhere cool and dark it can keep a long time, or until your lady is in the mood. LOL The rice is to absorb moisture.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I have moved the male plant more than 25 feet away from the Big plant. I olny have the 2 so this will be easy to keep it away. The male is in a pot so its very movable.
How do I tell when the female is ready for pollination?
I have never been this far in a grow yet, so this is going to be quite the experience for me. I am soooo excited for this one to bloom or do something other than growing. LOL She is getting bigger everyday and getting lots of foliage under neath. I have a friend that is going to come show me how to clone the BIG plant. The weather is suppose to get real warm this week, so...crossing fingers and toes she blooms.... Thanks for any input, I really do appreciate it.

OliieTea said:
doggie gardner is really a dog.. her name is Hollie and she is a 8 month old aussie shep/german shep pup.

My dog is name Hollie tooo! LOL
She a Doxie and she 4 yr old and just Lost her mother and she was 12 and her name was Mollie..
How Kool

Princess Jazzmine.JPG Jazzmintop.JPGJazzmine othertop.JPG

The smaller of the 2 was for sure a male, so its now gone. Here is the one Im callin Princess Jazzmine. Nothing yet that can tell me if "thing Jazzi" is a female or male so we wait.
I do have a question though..I'm in the PNW and the weather is going to start turning to fall, am I in danger of losing it to bad weather if it doesnt bud out in time? It is covered to protect from rain damage and coldness at night, but I am really concerned that she hasn't budded yet. Can I dig her up without putting too much strain on her?
If anyone has any input that grows in weather that changes seasons, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ...

Had to show off my wonderful dog that topped my plant that is doing so beautiful.
IMG_0081.JPG IMG_0080.JPG

OliieTea said:
View attachment 30915 View attachment 30916View attachment 30917

The smaller of the 2 was for sure a male, so its now gone. Here is the one Im callin Princess Jazzmine. Nothing yet that can tell me if "thing Jazzi" is a female or male so we wait.
I do have a question though..I'm in the PNW and the weather is going to start turning to fall, am I in danger of losing it to bad weather if it doesnt bud out in time? It is covered to protect from rain damage and coldness at night, but I am really concerned that she hasn't budded yet. Can I dig her up without putting too much strain on her?
If anyone has any input that grows in weather that changes seasons, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ...

An early frost could damage, even kill. BUT you say you can cover it, so it would have to be a hard freeze, Pot will usually take a few "light" frosts.
The daylight is getting shorter n shorter, she should start flowering any minute. "I"...wouldn't try to move her, just watch your forcast for frost warnings and cover her "if" it becomes necessary.

Latest posts

Back