Dog Gardner Hollie Ollie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the encouraging words... This being my first real success at growing so far. I was devastated when Hollie topped it and broke the other one off. Now it makes me wonder about her. LOL
I have her canopied 24/7 with clear plastic to prevent direct rain on it. (tomatoes as well), but the front and sides are open to allow air flow.
I will get pics again when she does something new showing the suedo green house. I was figuring I can get more plastic should the weather change to help keep heat in as well. I was checking the site posted for sun calander and its looking like maybe 2 more weeks of vege stage, according to sunlight... thats my guess. The waiting is the hardest.
anyway just wanted to say thanks personally.

IMG_0159.jpg IMG_0160.jpg

Click and enlarge to see the little white hairs... oh I am so excited.

IMG_0162.jpg IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg IMG_0165.jpg

You can see from the original structure, I really had to expand to accomondate the plants. Plus with the days getting shorter and cooler nights with lots of moisture in the air, well lets just say I learned from my experiences last year with tomatoes. :hubba:
Next spring, if I don't have a "real" green house, I will improve on this one and make it bigger yet. My husband will love me.
All I used for materials were some boards that were in our shed and painters plastic clear. I did cover 2xs to help when it rains for drainage. Some smaller holes wire to surround it with and an old Bed frame for my gate. :farm: Oh and the neighbors fence for my back. I covered it now with plastic to help with cool air flow and any odors now that may come up... I'm real sure once she really goes into full bud, he's not gonna smell something. LOL
Happy Growing Everyone.....

IMG_0121.JPG

Hollie has been gardening my yard since I got her as a 12 week old puppy. With digging and topping and literally destroying the ones she doesn't like.
She will be a year this Thanksgiving, and by the looks of my girl, we will be giving much thanks.

Updates of blooming and budding and little white hairs everywhere....WOOHOO
Mom if you read this..now I know how you felt when your girls budded out.
I'm going to be cloning this girl for Hollie. She has been laying by it at night in the dark. Found her hair on some of the under leaves.. and a chewed up stick. RUTRO Leroy.
I do have a question for any more experienced growers reading this, Should I be giving her more nutes now that she is budding out?
Its been about a month since her last feeding. I'm going to give the tomatoes next to her a boost later today or tomorrow so I was just wondering if I should be giving her some too.
Thanks for reading and any input is always accepted.

LD1.JPG LD2.JPG LD3.JPG
Right stem got too big and we had to bring her down from exceeding the fence line. pic 3 is the same shot of #2 just a different direction

LD4.JPG LD5.JPG LD6.JPG

Left stem as well started to exceed the 6ft mark, so we tied it as well... the tomatoes are loving it.

ltoprstemtieddwn.JPG swtbud jazzie 090807.JPG
right stem, left side of plant is tied to the tomatoes to help hide

rtoplstem.JPG rtop.JPG

Here is the left stem right side of the plant from behind

click on pic # 3 to enlarge .. I am so in AWE!!

you got plenty hairs popping up on her,should be some real big cola's,yummm.

IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0260.JPG

Well I don't Jazzie has very much longer to go.. her white hairs are starting to brown nicely, and the crytsals on the surronding leaves.. ah.. YUM

Lookin good OliieTea,

Your plants are lookin fine! I especially love the professional backdrop you have employed. LOL! Sets off the green.:p

PB:)

IMG_0283.JPG

Ms Hollie Ollie protecting her fence line from the dreaded .. shhhh... squirrels....:giggle:

OliieTea said:
View attachment 35099

Ms Hollie Ollie protecting her fence line from the dreaded .. shhhh... squirrels....:giggle:

So you don't dare say that word "squirrel" around Ollie either, huh? That and "Go for a ride". They sure know what you're talkin about.........;)

Neat trick with the pic BTW.

Freaked me out when I saw it. Yellow eyes.. she was stalking a hot one.

IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0309.JPG
the large one has 2 spots where we discovered mold.. She got topped and the rest of the plant is still doing ok. We will be watching her very close now. We have gotten alot wetter here, so the rest will follow.

Hey Ollie -

Great save on your bud. Too bad about the mold. Was the cause of it high air humidity, excesive rain, or were they bunching up against other buds?

The pink background surely makes that pretty bud pop out............;)

PB:)

I've had her covered pretty much the entire grow, excluding really nice weather. Covering her every night with the tomatoes. We get a great deal of rain, so when I replaced the plastic to a heavier guage to help withstand the rain weight should she gather water, well over the past 4 days, I discovered the puddle spots, and unfortuneately, it gathered alot of water and then warmer days created moisture inside, so I think a cumalation of excessive rain and then inside moisture. She was close anyway. I figured about a week after SmokinMom.. I still have the bulk of the plant growing and will gets pics tomorrow.. she looks so empty without her tops.
We quick dried some to see if she smokes as well as she smells.. and I must say.. YUM.

Latest posts

Back