early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Last year i started late, this year getting a early start.

-I planted the seeds today and will be putting the selected plants outside the end of May, temps. permitting.

- this will be a Medical MJ grow

- have ten purps (bought online last spring) six Mango (free with purchase) and 2 RK that came off a plant i grew last year (polinated from purple dot plant that probably hermied) and 20 seeds from the purple dot plant that hermied, tho i never spotted a male flower so possible the pollen was in the air, but no other plants than these two had seeds.

-Will be also adding some clones later when i get them, as i thin out the ones started from seed. I am allowed twenty four vedgitative and 12 in flower, so there will be twelve that are taken outside.

-seeds soaked in water for 12 hours.

-seeds planted in peet pots

-peet pots over a heating pad and in a container that holds each possible girl gently.

-under floresent lights, eight in one fixture...cant remember the lumens.

-mother of plants starts this grow journal. This is my second legal grow.

mango is a great strain, cant wait to see your grow! im starting an indoor grow right now and im gonna save one female from the grow to take outside sometime late may early june. happy growin to you my friend!

peace

day 4

- all but four of the seeds have sprouted.

- i am leaving the heating pad on for a couple more days..and the light is on 14 hours a day.

will start posting pics in the next few days.

- will be adding two clones by the end of the week, (these still at the growers, but they are doing nicely...added 3/23) something called Super Grandaddy Purple, this plant is suposed to yeild 2.5 pounds per plant. I am sure i wont get that because i will be container gardening. I am thinking of taking the bottom out of one of my containers and digging a hole half as deep and puttiing it in so it's roots will hit the soil?/shale here, just to see how it goes. Gonna have to dig that hole soon while the ground is so wet.

- so go the first four days.

- turned the fan on low, and raised the seedling so they are about two inches from the lights.

all of the seedlings have come up but one Mango. I am very pleased, as the mango is two years from harvest and the purps are one. :D

am getting the hang of posting pics agian.

tmpphp5aB7bB.jpg

day 10 (give or take a day)

- going to transplant these tomarrow, using ocean forest by foxfarm and 4inch peat pots.

- they are grouped for you. the group of ten on the left are the "purps", then closest to the foreground are the mango, four of these are good, top right are the hermi amethyst (not the odd growth on some) and the two in the right forground are the Rk or Sk, not sure which bud they came from. Both the Amethyst (refered to as purple dot plants) and the RKSk were plants i grew last year, that can be seen in my "early start grow" thread.

- note the odd growth on the hermie plants compared to the nice even leaf growth on the bought seeds. Interesting i think.

- i have the light on about two inches from plants and the fan is on low, temps range from seventy to seventy five. length of light on is 14 hours a day.:D

re sized 2.jpg

Looking good tcbud. I cant wait a couple months and see these beauties in the great outdoors. Im sure they are going to be some beautiful ladies. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress my friend. Until then, grow it big. Take care.

heres hoping them little sprouts turn out to be statuesqe ladies :tokie:

- Transplanted 10 purps, 4 mango, 2 rksk, and 13 amethyst + NL (see early start grow for info on why these might be hermi, this is my third try writing this and well i am not gonna splain again).

- four inch peat pots, Ocean Forest soil from Fox Farms ($12.95 at a hardware store less than 100 miles from where it is made, wonder how much it costs when you get farther away?)

- B12 used in the amethyst plants, i didnt want to use it in the other plants because i was unsure of the dosage to use on such small plants.

- below find the set up (pic 1) eight floresent tubes and a fan keeping the temp at mid seventies.

- second pic is of the purps, third pic is of the mango, this plant is the first to come up and i will be comparing all plants to it. (something to do)

- plants approximately two inches from light.

- light on 14 hours a day give or take a half hour. (i read that less light and temps in the mid seventies make more females, so i am gonna try it, tho it seems to me a seed would know what it wants to be before it sprouts.....i do not not not know about this subject but what i read)

okay, gonna copy this before i try anything dangerous like managing attachments.

gonna post this, then post the pics..for some reason the place i resized them did something off/odd:eek: to them.

1 - set up
2 - purps
3 - oldest plant (Mango)

tmpphpa2ncaL.jpg

tmpphpNZSwYe.jpg

tmpphpR5iyO8.jpg

Hoping most are girls...

- day 16

after a nice watering, a little real sun, before the clouds move in.
#1 the whole group, purps to the foreground
#2 the mango, only four of six have made it. they seem the nicest plants so far, the purps are excelent too. Bought online seeds.

tmpphpv7vGa2.jpg

tmpphpAiXW88.jpg

:confused:
- three weeks, plants will be transplanted today.

- found them to have brown areas on leaves of four plants, mango, skrk and amethyst..none on the purps.

--last year i had brown spots on the mango at four weeks thot it was nute burn then, not sure now. (early start grow).

#1 is mango
#2 is amethyst

> can anyone give me some thots on what i can do here...could this be a sign of not enough nutes, because i thot the ocean/forest soil to be enough nutes till i tranplanted them into gallon containers. not enough water? to much water? that is all i am doing..water, fan on, light on one inch +/- from plants.

- Will be transplanting today to gallon containers...or a little smaller as my space cant hold all of these plants in gallon containers.

thank you.

tmpphppozzx2.jpg

tmpphpWXXLF3.jpg

hey tcbud apart from the brownspots them babies are looking goooood ,,,
have u been using any nuts on them?
hope you sort it out soon ,,,goodluck :tokie:

Bought the ocean/forest from foxfarms to transplant them, thot they would be good without nutes for the first four weeks. Have some foxfarm "growbig" if i remember the name of it right. Will be using it in one more week.

-next year, no peat pots, just the peat pellets.

-transplanted all the plants today, went with four inch squar pots, as they will fit under the light.

-am worried bout the brown spots on the four plants.

From looking at last years plants at this stage and comparing them with this year, from knowing what i have done the same and different, i have come to a conclusion about why my plants look the way they do.

OVER watering.......will be waiting the perscribed two to three days between watering, or digging down half an inch to see if the soil is drying out.

- transplanted all 29 plants yesterday, they are now in true four inch pots, and i have learned peat pots were not not not a good idea.

- If i was transplanting directly outside right now, they might have been a good idea.

- i have room now for approximately nineteen plants in gallon containers, so will be weeding out the weaklings within three weeks or so and putting them in the gallon containers, i hope.

- plants now officially one month

- doing much better now that they are in more soil and being watered every two to three days.

- will be starting the "grow big" from fox farms on the next watering. quarter strength.

- the purps (shown here)
and mango are still very much bigger than the amethyst, tho some of them are perking up.

- you can see the damage on the plants from overwatering, new leaves on all plants that had spots are now perfectly green. thank goodness!

- the last pic is for someone near and dear to me, i named the pic "wish you were here", last years crop just keeps going and going and going.:D

tmpphpjg7Cuo.jpg

tmpphpX0epja.jpg

Yesterday

- got 5 sugar granddaddy purple clones and four amethyst clones, possible two of the amethyst will not make it...the man who deliverd them had them down on the floor board and the heater cooked them i think.

- the new clones seem to have little flies ...gonna have to find the best way to get rid of those....i wonder if they are the "white flys" i have hard of.

- it is getting crowded there below the light.

- i beleive i have seen the sex on two plants, tho my eyes may be decieving me.

pic 1 the mini "sea of green"
pic 2 the plant with the white thing is a new clone (is behind a plant)
pic 3 the plants toward the back with the white sticks are the new clones..two wont make it i'm pretty sure.

- also today, cleaned out the big fifteen gallon pots they will be in, and since the weather is getting nicer...the husband put one outside with plastic to go on it at night. that will be interesting, since it is still possible to frost..tho the hard freezes should should should be over.

- gonna paint the black pots white this year. :watchplant:

tmpphpqKM6hp.jpg

tmpphpr1zxfd.jpg

tmpphpzfQZst.jpg

Everything looks great there my friend. The have definitely grown a good amount since the last time I checked in. I am anxious to see those beautiful plants in the great outdoors. They are going to be monsters. Take care and keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

- three of the amethyst/northern lites have shown female, and the husband has moved them outside, they are contained in a plastick green house...built around the 15 gallon pots they were transplanted to. there are three females (confirmed) and two that are unknown.

- this will be interesting as our average last frost is May 31, tho that is kinda late, and it is still getting into the thirties here in the early morning hours.

- gave away one of the purps (confirmed female) to a friend that lives in the valley so i know i had one out of nine that was female, still waiting for the others to show sex, tho i am pretty sure that i have two males so far.

- not only did the clones i bought have black flies, but i found mites on them too...that was treated and i hope they didnt have time to spread to the other plants....i am pretty sure i am not buying clones from him next year.

- one clone died. two look close to death. the sugar granddaddy purples look good, tho i wonder....the stems seem to be offset as in getting ready to flower...and i dont want them to flower for at least two more months!

i hope we dont get a hard frost, and i hope those girls outside are ready for the cool nights!

Latest posts

Back