Earthorms`

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeet420428

Reaction score
I wonder if that would be a good thing to put in with ur soil. Except that most pots have holes they ccould crawl out of. But it would make your soil like rechargable or something.

edit

Aside from the crawl out spaces they would have I think that is a good idea and have thought of how to do this. Maybe screen to cover the holes? but definitely something to explore.

They would die within a week inside your pots. They would either crawl out as soon as you watered the first time, the feeding regiment may kill them or they would starve.

Make a worm bed or a container just for worms.

I grow outside, in pots with holes. I have seen many worms under these pots when moving them. I will pick up the little guys and put them in my pots. I never thot tho that the nutes might kill them. I dont care if they crawl out the holes on the bottom, but I sho dont want to be a worm murderer.
Gonna rethink picking up the worms and putting them in the pots, but I do try to stay organic.

Feed the worms molasses.

It makes them grow bigger.

Then, when you put them on your plants, it'll make the plants taste better.

hehe <just joking>

Potus-
You never give up do you!
Gotta go- I heard you grow peppers. So it must be true that adding capsaicin to your plants makes 'em grow big!

I practice the art of re-using soil, after restoring it. I'm going to try adding a few earthworms to the soil that I am revigorating. I add a number of additives to my soil at the beginning of this restoral process, like some dead cannabis roots, a bit of lime, bat guano's and molassas. I also add a mess of worm castings. I do this in 40 gal. container, so there is plenty of soil for the worms to work thru. The soil sits for about 3 months before I re-use it. I am using methods that the old grow co-operative, TLB, pointed out to the growing communities years ago. They re-used thier soil for many, many years.

Peace...j.b.

POTUS said:
Feed the worms molasses.

It makes them grow bigger.

Then, when you put them on your plants, it'll make the plants taste better.

hehe <just joking>
HA! LMAO!!!!!
dunno about making em bigger, ground up banana peels and eggshells seem to fatten up plenty :p

They'll starve and die, or you'll kill em when you put chem ferts in it. make a worm bin like others have said...free wonderful "N" rich slow release organic worm castings weed loves it :D

BTW what does "skeet skeet" mean?

Omelet anyone?

10064207.JPG

10060834.JPG

worms.jpg

456440082_6fcc176898.jpg

The Effen Gee said:
They would die within a week inside your pots. They would either crawl out as soon as you watered the first time, the feeding regiment may kill them or they would starve.

Make a worm bed or a container just for worms.

:yeahthat:

Bud, dude that's gross. But i can bet its high in protein and has electrolytes.

kalikisu said:
Bud, dude that's gross. But i can bet its high in protein and has electrolytes.

I've eaten much worse while on exercise...........................:hubba:

raw rabbit kidneys or livers any1?

:D Look like the breakfast of a champion.:laugh: :rofl: :rofl:

Mutt said:
what does "skeet skeet" mean?
It's actually a misspelling of an ancient proverb that was pronounced "schekkeeeet-schekkeeeet" and was an abbreviation for the complete philosophy of the cranuuzoo tribe in northern, western, southeast potsville that meant "Always use pancake syrup on bushes". It's idol is a small statue of two naked worms gobbling up molasses like crazy on a marijuana leaf.

<stoney's been doing his own stuff again>

You can make a worm/compost bin very easily just using a lidded bucket. Put straw or other type substrate in 1st, then some moist leaves then a couple sheets of newspaper. Dump a 1/2 cup of water in there and don't ever add more (it won't need anymore moisture once it gets going). Add worms. Add a bit more leaves and straw or whatever and just throw yer table scraps in for compost. The worms will take care of the scraps and you get nute/rich castings and possibly compost tea if yer bucket has a spicket, though there shouldn't be too much if alls working correctly. Others may have better ideas for this but it works at the 'Weeds home.;)

also, i'll add to the worm thread, they will either drown, as f'ng stated, or crawl to the top when watered, and fry under your lights. sizzle. sizzle.

i heard one guy on here say he just smashes up his crawlers, and mixes them with his soil. lol. lol.:D :eek: . no crap. anyone remember that? lol.

walmart, in the u.s. sells worm castings for like 4 bucks for 20lbs...bb...

jb247 said:
I practice the art of re-using soil, after restoring it. I'm going to try adding a few earthworms to the soil that I am revigorating. I add a number of additives to my soil at the beginning of this restoral process, like some dead cannabis roots, a bit of lime, bat guano's and molassas. I also add a mess of worm castings. I do this in 40 gal. container, so there is plenty of soil for the worms to work thru. The soil sits for about 3 months before I re-use it.

Peace...j.b.

Ya thats a really good idea, just put em in before the plant grows in the soil so it will be regenerated. Good stuff

Mutt said:
BTW what does "skeet skeet" mean?

Pretty mush my last name looks like SKEETER but its german so its not but my friends call me skeet skeet forshort. This rapper made song talkin about skeet skeetin on a girl which nasically means hell nut on her and so a funny nickname began.

skeet skeet

no, it's like were all 13 and have no respect for women.

Re:Worms

Ok, I grew up farming worms an a large farm so here are a few nuggets of gold you should think about...

1. Red worms are the only worms that are worth a damn as far as good castings

2. Feed your earthworms dead bugs, or mix them in the soil. The resulting worm castings will render your plants BUG PROOF. (huge secret for northern california growers)

3. Feed your worms moldy bread, alfala and cardboard. Keep the top COVERED with card board.

4. NEVER SOAK YOUR WORM BED. They will crawl out and die. They are worms, not too bright.

5. Never use a shovel or any other kind of sharp blade like tool to turn your bed, which should be done once a week. Use a pitchfork or your hands.

6. Wait two to three weeks before turning to get a good decent harvest. We would let the bins sit for 3 months than sift the whole thing at once. these were 4x8x2 beds.

7. Keep your end product moist but not wet. Do not let your castings dry out completely.

8. don't try putting live worms in your plant containers. If they die in the pot and decompose you are going to have a whole slough of problems dealing with the bad kind of anerobic bacteria while they decompose the dead worms...and your live roots.

9. I recommend if using coco to only add castings as a top dress, do not mix. Soil, go crazy.

10. Worm castings tea has a shelf life of about a week before you need to toss it out and make a new one. Make smaller batches.

There....

I can answer just about any worm related questions you got...

Latest posts

Back