Elephant Man's Grow Journal, 1st attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
laylow6988 said:
Did you ever top those big bagseed's? I don't remember you saying it, just wanted to know.

I did top them, at about 30 days, one week after moving them under 400w MH. I wish I had topped them MUCH earlier. I hear 5th node is good. If I had left them under flouros, I probably wouldn't have had to top them. The metal halide stretched them abit more than I would have liked for mothers, even with only 5 inches from canopy to light.

Got lucky and snapped some better pics just as the light clicked on:D .

Dec04_0001.jpg

Dec04_0002.jpg

Whats up Eman. Those are some nice mothers you have there. I seen on the page before this one you said you have these ladies in flower. Is that right? If so man your gonna get some nice buds from those ladies. As always keep up the great work man. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Eman. Those are some nice mothers you have there. I seen on the page before this one you said you have these ladies in flower. Is that right? If so man your gonna get some nice buds from those ladies. As always keep up the great work man. ;)

Thanks TBG! Yeah, 2 of them are 9 days in, other 3 are 2 days in flower.

I finally decided to fix my leaky aerocloner, so I went out and found this kick butt container at K-mart. It is 'Sunshine' brand, nice deep 1 inch recessed lid, way thicker than a duratote and only a few dollars more at $25.

Dec03_0001.jpg

Dec03_0002.jpg

Dec03_0003.jpg

Dec04_0005.jpg

Dec05_0002.jpg

3' beautiful monster grew balls even after our little chat so he dies...:(

Stem is between dime and penny size at 7 weeks:cool: .

Dec07_0001.jpg

Dec07_0003.jpg

Dec07_0004.jpg

Dec07_0005.jpg

Dec07_0006.jpg

Dec07_0009.jpg

Dec07_0010.jpg

These clones look ready huh?

The living organics has begun, no 'compost base mix' in this, it is still 'cooking'.

I came up with a little experiment with my clones I just transplanted. I labeled all pots with a # and a letter, kind of 'logging code'. Gonna post it up here in case I lose mine or something...

1 = White Widow
2 = AK48
3 = Biggie Small
4 = Indoor Mix (sativa dom)
5 = 'little bagseed'
6 = 'big bagseed'

All ferts listed below were sprinkled in the bottom of containers, not mixed in.

A = 2 parts FF Light Warrior, 1 part big perlite, 1 tsp each OGM Rooters and GH Subculture (beastie innoculants) all mixed first
1/2 tsp FF Happy Frog 3-4-3 sprinkled in bottom

B = Same mix above but with 2 tsp FF Happy Frog 3-4-3 sprinked in bottom

C = Same mix above but with 1/2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinked in bottom

D = 2 parts FF Ocean Forest, 1 part FF Light Warrior, 1 part big perlite, 1 tsp each OGM Rooters and GH Subculture all mixed first
1/2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinkled in bottom

E = Same mix as above but with 2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinkled in bottom around a packet of Micormax innoculant

F = Same mix as above but with 1 packet of Whitney Farms Smart Start myco innoculant 9-3-5 placed on bottom

G = Seedling planted in mix above with no ferts

Not really any kind of real test or anything, just the Mad Scientist goofing off.

Dec06_0001.jpg

Dec06_0002.jpg

Dec07_0011.jpg

Dec07_0012.jpg

Elephant Man said:
These clones look ready huh?

The living organics has begun, no 'compost base mix' in this, it is still 'cooking'.

I came up with a little experiment with my clones I just transplanted. I labeled all pots with a # and a letter, kind of 'logging code'. Gonna post it up here in case I lose mine or something...

1 = White Widow
2 = AK48
3 = Biggie Small
4 = Indoor Mix (sativa dom)
5 = 'little bagseed'
6 = 'big bagseed'

All ferts listed below were sprinkled in the bottom of containers, not mixed in.

A = 2 parts FF Light Warrior, 1 part big perlite, 1 tsp each OGM Rooters and GH Subculture (beastie innoculants) all mixed first
1/2 tsp FF Happy Frog 3-4-3 sprinkled in bottom

B = Same mix above but with 2 tsp FF Happy Frog 3-4-3 sprinked in bottom

C = Same mix above but with 1/2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinked in bottom

D = 2 parts FF Ocean Forest, 1 part FF Light Warrior, 1 part big perlite, 1 tsp each OGM Rooters and GH Subculture all mixed first
1/2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinkled in bottom

E = Same mix as above but with 2 tsp EB Stone All Purpose 5-5-5 with myco sprinkled in bottom around a packet of Micormax innoculant

F = Same mix as above but with 1 packet of Whitney Farms Smart Start myco innoculant 9-3-5 placed on bottom

G = Seedling planted in mix above with no ferts

Not really any kind of real test or anything, just the Mad Scientist goofing off.
Whats up Eman. Your not a Mad Scientist dude your the Dr. Frankenstein of weed man. :aok:

Thanks TBG;) , been ridin' along with me since the beginning and really inspires me to continue experimenting.

Got some BIG stuff coming up, and I am WAY behind on updates, but I did buy a decent cam for you guys;) .

A word of warning...
It seems that 2 of my 8 mothers so far are hermies:mad: . The pics a couple of posts back wasn't a male, but a hermie. Because of the fact that I am new and all these mothers showed pistils over a month ago, they really threw me for a loop. I have 4 mothers in flower and 2 are probably hermies. I have 3 more still veggin' and it appears as though one of those may be hermie too.

I have decided after MUCH research and some advice from HGB (thanks!) and a few others to flower the hermies in a seperate cab. Before anyone gets upset, please know I an NOT going to be collecting pollen or seeds, I am only doing this to watch. I have a VERY planned out controlled environment to do this in, and WOULD NOT recommend anyone else attempt something like this.

I would have to say, and probably most would agree from 7 weeks of pictures, that these hermies were most likely genetic from seed and not caused by stress. Perhaps a warning to all those who have purchased seeds from Dr. Chronic. I am not going to bash his business, but would like to warn any new growers to keep a very watchful eye out.

In the meantime, I have 8 WW seeds germed and getting planted tonight. Over the next few weeks, I will probably start all the seeds I have left, to look for a few good phenos.

I promise to get a few more pics up real soon...got to get this cam sorted out...

nev6502 said:
I cant wait to see more, you inspire me dude!

Ya want more? Here are some pics...

First pic is of 5 in the flower room after a 'good night rain'...

Next 3 are of one of the hermies, and the 'freakshow' cab...

Last 2 are of the flower room empty, decided to go in there today and switch out my cool tube for a hood...got an idea for the tube.

Enjoy!

aCFN0001.jpg

aCFN0003.jpg

aCFN0004.jpg

aCFN0008.jpg

flower rooma2.jpg

flower%20room1.jpg

Whats going on Eman. Everything is looking great as always. Found this pic you might like. ;)

JMerrick4.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats going on Eman. Everything is looking great as always. Found this pic you might like. ;)

Cool picture! Can you imagine? I didn't want to tell you guys how I really got the nickname "Elephant Man", guess I thought I could fool you a little while. The name was given to me by a female freind....

Elephant Man said:
Cool picture! Can you imagine? I didn't want to tell you guys how I really got the nickname "Elephant Man", guess I thought I could fool you a little while. The name was given to me by a female freind....
Grow is looking gooood!!! Can't wait to see some fat nugs on them!

Elephant Man said:
I have decided after MUCH research and some advice from HGB (thanks!) and a few others to flower the hermies in a seperate cab. Before anyone gets upset, please know I an NOT going to be collecting pollen or seeds, I am only doing this to watch. I have a VERY planned out controlled environment to do this in, and WOULD NOT recommend anyone else attempt something like this.

your welcome EM ;)

should at least get something to make hash with from the he/she's

grow on

HGB said:
your welcome EM ;)

should at least get something to make hash with from the he/she's

grow on

I don't really know yet if I will even let them finish, just want to see what happens while controlling any possible contamination. I am just a scientist and genuinely curious, I kind of wonder if the one monster in the pics is a pollinated female, it is still only showing a few 'balls' on one cola and busting out with pistils all over.

Big 'Dr. Chronic Indoor Mix' Sativa just transplanted in 3 gallon to finish out. She is one week in flower...

Bigsativa5small.jpg

Bigsativa8small.jpg

Bigsativa13small.jpg

Bigsativa1small.jpg

Just a little update on the basemix, after about a week of cooking, it has cooled down and looking good for the last two weeks. About a week ago I laid a dry corncob on top and today it is covered with 'silvery-white' fungi:D . I think it is ready...A little info on the transplant of miss 'mutt' sativa. I decided to hammer the beasties on her, this is what I did:

I mixed something like this in the first layer on the bottom:

1 part steer manure
1 part earthworm casings
1 part topsoil
1 tsp FF High P guano with myco
1 tsp seabird guano
1 tsp eb stone High N guano with myco
1 tsp bone meal
1 tsp blood meal
2 tsp greensand
1 tsp oyster shells
1 tsp hydrated lime
2 tsp cottonseed meal
1 tsp plant savers with myco
1 tsp eb stone all purpose plant food with myco
1/2 tsp eb stone cal/mg/so
1 tsp OGM rooters innoculant
pinch of GH Subculture

I mixed all this in small layer on bottom, on top of this I added

2 big handfuls of 3 week old basemix

Then, I put a thin layer of this mix around root ball bottom and on top

1 part FF Ocean Forest
1 part FF Light Warrior with myco
1 part big perlite/vermiculite mix
1 tsp OGM Rooters (scratched at roots and sprinkled some on them)
1 tsp GH Subculture (scratched at roots and sprinkled some on them)

So there it is...don't know what will happen, but I'm not going to worry about it. I know it seems like alot of food down there, but I am guessing that by the time the roots find them, the beasties will be all over them and already have a jump on breaking down the 'very beastie freindly, mix on the bottom. A very diverse and massive population of beneficial microbes, bacteria, and fungi are waiting to completely sheild the roots and control ph, nutrient intake - both micro and macro, and fend off enemy pathogens, and pests. These beasties will also prevent the plant from 'gourging' itself on any concentrated goodies it might find.

I took her clones and gave them their first tea today, and srinkled a little rooters down the sides of the containers.

Here is a pic of a clone and new seedling above it in LO mix. No yellowing, just bad lighting. 'Waxy green color' IMO, based on what I've learned, is a good indication of maximum nitrogen intake, and believe me there is more than enough in there;) .

LO clone-seed small.jpg

Whats going on Eman. As always everything is looking great. I can't wait to see some big buds on these ladies.

Thanks TBG, gonna have to get even better cam to do them justice.

Went online shopping today and picked up some more innoculants and 'beastie food a plenty';)

Micro Phos 2lb
Alaskan Magic Organic Humus 8lb
Biozome 2lb
MycoMinerals Soil Amendment 4lb
Azomite Micronized 2lb
Squanto's Secret, 2-4-2, qt
Kelp Meal, 5 lb.
Alfalfa Meal, 5 lb.
Organica PGA +, 1 lb. powder
Liquid Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer, 1 qt.
Soluble Root Growth Enhancer, Mycorrhizae (Endo/Ecto), 4 oz.

Notice how all this stuff comes in pounds? Gonna last a long time with a 'tsp here and sprinkle there':D

See the seedling on the top in the first pic?

Look at the difference 48 hours under flouros and some microbial tea can make;)

LO clone-seed small.jpg

DCFC0018small.jpg

DCFC0020smal.jpg

Elephant Man said:
This journal will start kind of slow, so please bear with me, I am building veg and flower rooms as we speak. My bagseed after 2 days in 50/50 Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Light Warrior.

Wow you went from lil plant to a garden what day are you in since you started?

Latest posts

Back