emergency!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
my plant is yellowing. my ph tester broke so ive been testing with solution until i get it fixed or replaced. is this nutrient burn or difficiency? what should i do?

Photo_040509_001.jpg

Photo_040509_002.jpg

Hello Hemp :)

It looks like you have calcium deficiency caused by a low PH .

Can you confirm or dismiss this?

Every time you see the slightest problem, the PH needs checking first.

:peace:

so dont dump the res and fill it with tap water or just add to whats in there?

also, if i fill res with just plain water how long can i flush before plant needs new nutes?

Ok well it looks like your still in veg so i will assume she is getting 24 hours of light. I would wash out the res, add plain H2o with some hydrogen peroxide (amount based on size of res). Let run for 24-48 hours, then go back to half strength nutes and slowly increase until growth is lush and green again. If it is burn this will take care of the nute burn.
If it was a deficiency I do not think you would see as much dark green on the plants as you do but I could be wrong. If it is a deficiency this could have been caused by nute lock....How do you mix your nutes? Straight into the running res I hope, one at a time, micro nute first.

i have it on 18/6 light. i already flushed with ph adjusted water and added nutes at 1/2 strength. I only add nutes to plain water though. That way i can measure amount per gallon. Res evaporates pretty fast. I find myself changing out res more often than i would like. Checking the ph alone takes lifting work. I carry the entire system to the bathroom, remove the pot from res to balance it on the side of the tub in order to get to the water underneath. Its alot of back and forth transport. Theres got to be an easier way...

When I built my first few DWC reservoir's I used them each for like two days and then destroyed them and rebuilt them because I realized ways to make them easier. The main problem is finding the right size to use, once you have one that isn't too heavy when full and isn't so light that you have to add water ever 12 hours you are set.
I ended up with a final design that used an 8 reservoir DWC system that housed 4 plants in each res. So I went out and bought 9 tubs. Then I ran my air hoses not through the lid, but through the side of the container as close to the top as possible. Check out the diagram (I know it sucks but I did it in "paintshop" in 30 seconds). The red lines in the bottom of the res are your airstones. You can see the air lines traveling up and out the side of the container through the blue holes. (If you use the right size drill bit you will have no problems with water leaking, plus these holes should end up being about halfway up from the base of your pots and will never be at the water level). Then the green dots represent air check-valves. These are not necessary, but check this out....When you want to change your res all you have to do is disconnect your air hoses at the check valves (like 99 cents a piece at walmart), then lift your lid off and set it on the extra res you bought. Then you are free to do with your res as you please and your babies are sitting comfortably in an empty res while you do what you gotta do. It takes two minutes to go from res to res this way disconnecting and reconnecting.

View attachment res.bmp

heres my 2 cents :D i feed every 2 weeks (seemd to be how long it takes to use up nutes) i got a 6 gal res so i keep about 4 gal soulution in it, i keep the res at 4 gals during the 2 weeks between feedings i only add ph"ed water till its time for next feeding dont keep feeding every time the res goes down. but u prob already knew this lol ill shut up now BONG HITTTTTTT

nute burn + get a rubber maid tub and save yourself the "changing of etc... often")

Latest posts

Back