First attempt.....suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on Bud , best part of the grow.

nice looking bud, bud!

A more careful look showed quite a bit of amber on the very top of the plants so I opted to stagger the harvest and see where I get the most potent bud. I took some of the top buds and they are trimmed and drying in a wardrobe that has very good ventilation.
Here is a pic of a bud that I trimmed...and my plants after I took the top...

thx guys....things are happening so quickly that I figured I would post a pic of what is going on....
I was gifted a half a dozen clones unexpectedly and I had thrown an Afghan Kush auto seed in some soil... I have 2 Girl Scout Cookies, 2 Strawberry Cough and 1 Chem Dog(lost a GSC and CD because the guy who cloned these wasnt experienced)
So I now have my indoor grow started a month earlier than expected....lol... These are under a 4' 8 bulb T5 in a 4 x 4 x 80 tent....
So much for the Satori and Blueberry OG grow...will have to wait a few months....

View attachment indoor1.jpg

Slow down friend, those buds are not done yet....They are still building and holding white calyxes, and haven't even started to harden off (build little nodules) yet.

Slow down friend, those buds are not done yet....They are still building and holding white calyxes, and haven't even started to harden off (build little nodules) yet.

Explanation of what you said? I was checking trichomes and finding 10%-15% of them were amber. I am under the impression that @ 30% you will get pretty heavy couch lock? So I took 6 buds that were at 10-15% to avoid too much CL.
I clipped a few sugar leaves on the bottom of the plants today and checked trichomes and they are all cloudy and a few amber trichs...thinking mid week on them?

Here is the pic of the top of my plant harvest (forgive the picture quality. I had to edit the pic to add some light)One of these I posted individually earlier. I am hoping for a slightly uplifting and cerebral high from these . These were taken 9/24.

I chose to take another branch today. There were a few sugar leaves showing some PM and rather than chance it getting to the buds I cut it.....
I watered the rest of the plants today with some ripe additive from Botanicare, If the trichomes will cooperate I would like to let the rest of the two plants go until Friday. We will see.....

View attachment firsttake.jpg

Buds look good from here man.

i am sure your closet is smelling awesome right about now

Congrats Bud88. How nice is it to have your own smoke.. Happy for you.

Thanks to everyone!! If not for this site and some of the peeps here, those buds would not look like that. Special thanks goes out to Hushpuppy...:48:
Now to patiently wait until its ready to sample....

Your 100% right Rose....It feels awesome knowing that I grew my own smoke!!

Hushpuppy is an asset to this community, we are very fortunate to have him!

Smoking your own grown herb is a great feeling. Especially the first time!!! Some spritual type ish! Hahah

Truer words have never been spoken :aok:

You are so right!!!

I had a bud that had fallen off the branch when trimming that dried a lot faster than the rest of it is....I was out of bud so I said why not....I put it in the grinder and it broke up better than I expected. It being not completely ready....
rolled it up and..... Wow!!! I was pretty baked....took my hand and arm pain away....didnt make me sleepy, but I was on the computer at the time and I couldnt type to save my life!!! LMAO.....Kind of like what Ston-loc was saying about not being able to trim!!!!
I cant wait until this bud is properly cured!!! Its going to knock the socks off of anything I could buy! :48: :hubba::holysheep:
To know that my research and efforts helped create this bud is an amazing feeling!

Absolutely!!! Again thanks to all of you for the amazing flowers I have grown....
and think....its only the beginning!!!!

*Sigh* I remember that feeling.

Hold on to it. It's the start of something beautiful! :aok:

Latest posts

Back