First auto run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CubanTokker420

Reaction score
Hi every one. I want to introduce my self im CubanTokker420. I really like this forum and decided to sign on and be a part of this great community. Ive grown before but never auto flowers and ive only done 2 full crops witch turned out great. Any how i picked up some white widow and super skunk female auto flower seeds from amaterdam so im giving my green thumb another go. Im currently at week one and they are very healthy looking. Ive read alot About toping auto's but i would like an experienced opinion and how and when. Maybe some one can help me out. Well thanks for reading
Keep tokking:icon_smile:

Hey CubanTokker420,

Welcome to the adventure. I'm sure your going to love it here. Please do peruse the site rules if you would. You will find the rules easy to abide with.
As for pinching, pruning, etc. you will find plenty on that subject in the forums. You just want to look around a bit, but if your in dire straights feel free to ask one of the many top notch growers that are almost always hanging around.
Myself I like to begin around the fourth or fifth set, usually the fifth set works out fine. I leave about a quarter inch of the stalk that I do pinch to allow for a good healing at that spot. I pinch only for four sets to develope as after that they start to get kinda small you know ?
Should you desire to go outdoors with them then that is a different story all together.

You will likely get a few differing opinions, but then it's cool to explore what others find.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

I no longer run Autos as I like being able to hang on to my grade A smoke instead. When I did run them I never topped them or did anything else that might slow them down. I found the less stress the better with them. Jmo

them autos be a finicky bunch, might be best to leave em and maybe lst instead of topping. welcome to the forums, may your posts be many and your pics a plenty

Ive ran many autos and I have never topped or fimmed any of them... They have such a short period to grow you do not want to stunt them in any way... Plant them in the pot you plan on finishing them as to not restrict the roots... the deeper the pot the better... I had my best results from autos in 3 gallon pots from day 1 til chop... :48:

Hey guys thanks for ur input. I know this is a very controversial topic but my main goal is more yield so since i have several of the same seeds im planning on running 2 at a time one toped one not and see what happens. Ive heard you can top em at week 2 to 3 but will have to try it for the results. I believe that wheres theres a will theres a way theres never a wrong awnser. Wake n bake everyone

CubanTokker420 said:
Hey guys thanks for ur input. I know this is a very controversial topic but my main goal is more yield so since i have several of the same seeds im planning on running 2 at a time one toped one not and see what happens. Ive heard you can top em at week 2 to 3 but will have to try it for the results. I believe that wheres theres a will theres a way theres never a wrong awnser. Wake n bake everyone

Not really true--there are wrong answers for virtually everything and there are many things that no matter how much you will it, there is no way. Growing is no different. I am not trying to discourage you from topping, but the chances of it increasing yield is very slim. Understanding the biology of autos helps explain why. Topping is quite stressful to a plant and will slow or stop growth for a week or 2. Autos have no real veg period and live a certain number of weeks. Anything that stresses the plant or slows down growth in an auto will be reflected in lower yield.

If you are really after yield, you should be growing photoperiod plants.

Yes very true what you're saying And I agree with you 100%. How however I Was more planning on the pinching method and then straight cutting or topping off the plant however from My prior knowledge I was under the impression that pinching is a form of topping

Latest posts

Back