First Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
whats up Doc. i like saying that. damn she is looking great. are you using any fox farm big bloom for the buds? i cant wait to see her when she really starts to fill out. i can tell shes gonna be a big one.
061.gif

Yes, I am using a mixture of Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and Grow Big all from Fox Farm. However I am using the recommended dosage from their feeding schedule, NOT what is on the back of the bottle. I dont know what is better but I did not want nute burn.

yup. since i use MG soil i only put 1/2 tsp per gallon instead of 4 tlb per gallon. my last grow i gave them the 4 tlb per gallon and it burnt the hell out of them. i guess you learn from your mistakes. im gonna use a new soil my next grow and get away from the MG. keep up the great work and keep those pics coming.

So grunt what soil are you going to pick up? Make it yourself? Since I am happy with the nutes I think i'm going with the ocean/forrest soil mix on my next grow. I was thinking that the instructions on the jug were a little strong and I did not want to push my luck, glad I did.

my next grow the mix will be:

one part perlite
one part coconut coir
one part fox farm ocean forest soil
i'm using the fox farm soil because it contains fish, crab, and shrimp meal, and lots of worm castings.

Hey Dr Greenthumb, very nice...I'm doing "flo" also yours look just like mine.

00000019.gif

Dr. Greenthumb: PHD in cannabisology. BA in bong and pipe fundamentals, and doctarate in the advanced study of being stoned. :D
Lookin great dude. beautiful cola.

GreenDayGirl said:
Hey Dr Greenthumb, very nice...I'm doing "flo" also yours look just like mine.
Thanks greedaygirl for the info, looked over your grow and defently look simular.

Mutt said:
00000019.gif
Dr. Greenthumb: PHD in cannabisology. BA in bong and pipe fundamentals, and doctarate in the advanced study of being stoned. :D
Lookin great dude. beautiful cola.
Edit Sig::cool:

Figured a update is needed, I have made no changes to the grow. Still watering every 3-4 days and ferts with every other watering. As of couple days ago I started to notice the the cola's leafs are starting to turn a more light green and some necrosis has started as you can see on the last pics. I'm not sure if its a mag issue still (the leafs do have a curl on the tips), heat issue(stays 80-84 day/70-75night), or nute burn. Any suggestions..??

First (Custom).JPG

second (Custom).JPG

third (Custom).JPG

fourth (Custom).JPG

well after some research i can say you have some kind of nute problem. it almost looks like a magnesium deficiency by what i was reading and looking at. i would see if i could get Mutt, Hick or Stoney Buds opinion on this.

it almost looks like a magnesium deficiency by what i was reading and looking at.

I think you are correct.

hey Doc. i would see what a few of the other guys or gals think. i don't want you to do anything that will do further harm to your ladies. if you want i can throw a link your way showing you all the deficiency's.

At this stage of growth PH check is def. in order. gotta see if the plants by-product (salt) or excess nutes has built up in the soil. A flush may be in order. woulda been better if you coulda held off another two weeks, but need that PH checked before diagnosing.

Mutt said:
At this stage of growth PH check is def. in order. gotta see if the plants by-product (salt) or excess nutes has built up in the soil. A flush may be in order. woulda been better if you coulda held off another two weeks, but need that PH checked before diagnosing.

Will get some distilled h2o, and let you know. What ratio of water to soil do I use?

Dr.GreenThumb said:
Will get some distilled h2o, and let you know. What ratio of water to soil do I use?
whats up Doc. for every gallon of soil you use 2 gallons of water. so if you have a 3 gallon pot you use 6 gallons of water.

whats up Doc. for every gallon of soil you use 2 gallons of water. so if you have a 3 gallon pot you use 6 gallons of water.

"for flushing your medium"...^

check your ph by running enough water through the pot to catch some runoff, let us know what it is running out the bottom.

I tried two different methods.
1. 1/2 cup soil from pot with 1 full cup distilled water left sitting for 30 min- ph 6.6-6.7
2. Ran distilled water through soil caught runoff- same as above.

So what do we think now?

I watered yesterday, used 1/2 gallon of water with 1 tablespoon epsom. Today the larger fan leafs are returning back to a darker green. On a sad note we lost most of the leaf tips on the cola, I trimmed the dead off and we will push on....will post up pics later of the damage..:(

Its alrite man... your buds are looking great dont worry about shit.. the epson salt will do its trick.. im amazed at your results at only 31 days too! those buds are gunna be soo dank! i wanna see how much bud u get.... how much did urMH cost and where did u get it from??

Latest posts

Back