First grow, 1000w DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to try that for sure. I was thinking about toneing down a bit on the nutes anyways, I am only at 1236ppms right now thought which I thought would be dead on.

My ppms are shooting up? Like I said in my last post they are at 1236 when I changed my buckets out. Now they are around 1400 and one of them when I went to check, my teter just kept flashing 2000! But that one didn't look like it has any nute burn? I lowered the one with the skinny claw leaves to around 1100 and the one with 2000 down to 1400 ( ran out of distilled h2o) so after work I am going to lower them down too. I can only think that maybe my airstones are starting to get a buildup on them and that raising my ppms? I am going to flush them really good this weekend and scrub my stones, lines, and buckets and see if that helps.

Maybe nute lock-out with the ppm's raising. Is the water level getting lower while the ppms are rising? This would be a sign of nute lock-out. Cause by numerous things: ph, salt build up from the nutes, to many nutes.

pcduck said:
Maybe nute lock-out with the ppm's raising. Is the water level getting lower while the ppms are rising? This would be a sign of nute lock-out. Cause by numerous things: ph, salt build up from the nutes, to many nutes.

I am very diligent as to watching my ph but I did stop letting it range from 5.6-5.9ish which I am starting to do now. I follow the directions on the bottle to exactly half strength. I guess we will see after I clean everything real well.

I ph my nutes to 5.6 -5.7 then just let them go. by next rez change ph is 6.0-6.1-6.2. I don't do a whole lot of fussin unless something bad shows up. Mostly just add ph adjusted water 5.8 in between rez changes

pcduck said:
I ph my nutes to 5.6 -5.7 then just let them go. by next rez change ph is 6.0-6.1-6.2. I don't do a whole lot of fussin unless something bad shows up. Mostly just add ph adjusted water 5.8 in between rez changes

So you are adjusting the water your adding? And not adding water and adjusting? I have been adding and then adjusting the whole thing.

I am about to start cleaning out my tubs and stones etc and I bought some organic type dish soap stuff, should this suffice to use as a cleanser?

Shockeclipse said:
So you are adjusting the water your adding? And not adding water and adjusting? I have been adding and then adjusting the whole thing.

I just adjust the water that I add. I believe that it is beneficial to have the ph swing a bit (5.6 to 6.1). I ph my water to 5.8.

On the organic cleaner it should work just rinse well. I always just use bleach,with a good rinse and dry.

yea shock thats what I do as well, I have 2 spare res's 4 spare air stones so I clean everything out each res change, this may sound nuts but I just put in fresh ph'd water, mix the nutes in a measuring cup add to the res and set the tops right on them chk the ph in about 20min or so and close it up fire up the lights or cut them off depending when I do it. then I chk the ph once a day there after. my ppm are between 500 and 600. I dont try to over due it I guess, Im happy so far. cant complain with 5/5 females. Im going to 5 gallon buckets next time with only going with 4 plants, then trying to keep a late bunch of outdoor clones that I have started in my Aero Garden, hey it was a gift!!! yea Im going to go out in the woods and plant them and forget about them and what happens happens! as long as I can pull a few clones off of them in the mean time for fall flowering. But your grow looks awesome!

Criz

I'm kind of new at this ,so could u tell me ,can u put a 'babie' 24/7,if so how long can u grow them that away??????????

People has told me that seeds from a bag don't grow good. What do u think about buying off the net???????????

Jake2635 said:
I'm kind of new at this ,so could u tell me ,can u put a 'babie' 24/7,if so how long can u grow them that away??????????
If you mean how long can you veg a plant under 24 hrs of light then I guess there is no real limit, other than your specific space contraints. Once your plants reach maturity and start to show preflowers then you are able to switch to 12/12 and start the flowering process. In the case where you are growing from clones, they are already sexually mature and can begin flowering at once. Just remember when you veg your plants that during the flowering time, they can double or triple in size.

Jake2635 said:
People has told me that seeds from a bag don't grow good. What do u think about buying off the net???????????
I am doing this first grow with bag seed and mine grew fine. Lots of people order seeds online here. To most people that is the only way to secure some nice strains. Once this grow is finished I will be ordering seeds online. Check out the seedbank part of the forum if you have questions on ordering or want to hear people personal experiences.

So I scrubbed all the buckets, my mixing station, all the airstones and lines. tied the plants up more, raised my light, re-nuted at 850 ppms. I actually realized that when I redid the nutes I have doing full strength off the bottle directions. So I did full strength this time to 12 gals (had 15 in my mixer) and thats how I came up with the 850ppm. Oh i flushed each plants twice through with ph adjusted water. Cleaned the room out really well, and re configured their locations within. I am optimistic that this is really going to show a difference but time will tell.

They are looking pretty good when I checked them yesterday. I have one that looked like it could be getting nute burn, it seems to have gotten worse which is weird because I lowered the nutes way down and flushed and all that. Could it be that they were just far gone and they are just dying off because I caught it too late? This is only happening towards the top o the plant, the lower half looks phenomenal. The claw like curl of the leaves on one plant look to be getting better as well and I have more solid colas forming. Now heres som bad news.... I think I found two seeds growing! At least they looked like seeds, growing off of a cola. They are only on the one plant, i hope more don't show bu I am assuming that they will. I can't find anywhere on any of my plants where it seems to show male at all so I guess I have hidden hermie. I will have pics up this weekend.

well shock sorry about hermie....Hopefully thats all you find is a couple! I cant wait for those pics! Ill have some up tonight of mine, I have to many plants, light isnt getting to all of them correctly, should have only grown 3-4 not 5! I know better next time .....oh my clones are finally starting show some roots!!!

crizzo357 said:
well shock sorry about hermie....Hopefully thats all you find is a couple! I cant wait for those pics! Ill have some up tonight of mine, I have to many plants, light isnt getting to all of them correctly, should have only grown 3-4 not 5! I know better next time .....oh my clones are finally starting show some roots!!!

Yeah first times the serious learning phrase, light is by far NOT by problem lol. I have buds forming 3 inches up on 4ft+ plants. I was not expecting to see the little seeds so I am confused. Any growers on here have an idea on timeline for polinated plants? Mine are around 5 weeks in flower and I am just now seeing two seeds, should I prepare myself to see a ton of them?

I remember with my last grow it looked like I had some seeds growing, but it turned out to be just really fat calyxes...
EWWWW!!! just killed a tiny little red spider looking bug on my keyboard!
hope it was just a baby spider and not a spider mite... I better get some cleaning done.
anywho, i'll be waiting to see them pics there Shock.

Latest posts

Back