First Grow!!! Beginner NEED HELP PLEASE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello every1, first grow need HELP. right now I have 6 seeds I pre-soaked in luke-warm water overnight. Then placed in soil growing medium. As you can see from my pics you can see how I am starting them. I will then move them to larger pots/bags etc. when healthy enough for transplant. When I moved the seeds to growing medium I watered them in with miracle grow. I have kept the soil fairly wet while germinating and sprouting. This is there 4th day in soil. I currently have 2 20w florecents on them just for sprouting. As you can see from pics, is it normal for sprouts to look like this? Will it turn up on it's own? Should I help it out? Let me know please, I am welcome to any advice from anyone.

wee1.jpg

wee2.jpg

wee3.jpg

jayreef said:
hello every1, first grow need HELP. right now I have 6 seeds I pre-soaked in luke-warm water overnight. Then placed in soil growing medium. As you can see from my pics you can see how I am starting them. I will then move them to larger pots/bags etc. when healthy enough for transplant. When I moved the seeds to growing medium I watered them in with miracle grow. I have kept the soil fairly wet while germinating and sprouting. This is there 4th day in soil. I currently have 2 20w florecents on them just for sprouting. As you can see from pics, is it normal for sprouts to look like this? Will it turn up on it's own? Should I help it out? Let me know please, I am welcome to any advice from anyone.

Your babys look fine and normal, but should have completely sprouted by the 4th day in soil. You need more light if you want them to sprout. Just don't pick at them, touch them, or take the seed coat off.

You WILL need better lighting though. What are you planing on using? They will need to be transplanted when they are strong enough and the roots are outgrowing the containers. You might need better nutrients than miracle grow and DO NOT over water! Just because they are young doesn't mean you can water them to death. It is good to let the soil dry out a bit in between watering. Also, when they sprout completely, it would be good to get fan to strengthen the stems and air circulation.

Get better lighting ASAP or you WILL kill your plants!!!!!

Good Luck :) :) :)

As far as lighting I was going to keep them under the 2 20w floros until all had sprouted and turned up towards the light. Then I plan on using a 250w HPS until they reached a good enough size to transplant. As far as watering should I let them go a few days between watering? Or long enough for the surface to dry out? Definately working on a fan better light and better location. So would it be better to move them under two 40w floros until my HPS gets here? Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back