First Grow - CaliforniaOrangeBud <> BigBud <> RedShiva

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for the feedback, appreciated :). I will make the recommended changes when I move the ladies into the Hut (hopefully any day now, waiting for the lights to come on in the cabinet this evening so I can check out the plants possible genders).

Quick question... Once I move the ladies into the Hut, should I run the exhaust continuously, or put on the timer with the 12/12 light cycle?

Quick update.

Moved the 15 plants into the Hut, under the 400W HPS. Temps are around 85... I will get a small circulating fan ASAP in there to move the air around more, the intake alone isn't cutting it, however the carbon filter is, don't smell a thing :). My bedroom is rather warm from the exhaust though, my roommate came in and was like "damn, it's hot in here". I'm still trying to keep this covert from anyone, I hope it will last. I trust him, but still rather have no one know (cept you guys of course). Soon as I can see gender I will replant the ladies into 3 Gal bags, and start nutes. Until next time, take care everyone.

Quick question... Should I run the intake and exhaust continuously, or put on the timer with the 12/12 light cycle?

19.jpg

Quick update.

Thank you mentalpatient, i have lowerd the light (sometimes i seem to look over the basic things).

Replanted the females into 3 gallon grow bags.

Almost 2 weeks into flowering, and have the following ladies:
3 California Orange Bud
2 Big Bud
2 Red Shiva
2 Red Shiva (waiting to determine gender, I think 1 male 1 female as of today)

So I'm looking at 7 or 8 females out of the intial 15 plants started.

Started Fox Farm Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom last watering. I plan to fertilize everyother watering at recommended strengths.

Temps are rather high, can hit almost 90F at light source, about 80 at soil level. I live on top floor, so it can get rather hot on the warmer days. I will have to moniter, and come up with solutions as needed (it's not even summer yet). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Besides that, plants are healthy and comming along well. Here's a few pix.
20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg

I am planning to take clones of each strain ASAP now that I have positive females, though its rather late in the grow. Will keep you posted.

Be well everyone.

are you running your inline fan constant while the lights are on. you should be! also get a small fam that fits into the lil sock thing around the intake at the bottom.. run that constant to with lights on. looks good though man.. light is a lil high for my choich still.. with that cool tube you should be able to get that 400w sitting 6-9 inches from the tops..

also i would consider moving the scrubber and fan up and hanging it from the top. it will **** more of the hot air, and also free up that much room for plant life!!

Thanks for the input milehigh :).

The inline fan runs 24/7, however I do have it plugged into a fan speed controller which i reduced speed quite a bit, due to the fan being so loud. It still pushes a ton of hot air out. I have turned up the speed today to see if this reduces the temp, however it doesn't seem so. I beleive I need a stronger intake fan to get cooler air in there. I'm currently running 2 computer fans (side by side) into the bottom flap for fresh air, they are 34 CFM each.

Now that all the males have been removed, I have taken cuttings from the best looking females of each strain. You may laugh (I am), but these were the best I could get. Unfortunately my branching never went multiple, so I just have fan leaves up the stem. I cut from towards the bottom, rather then the top to not interfer where the flowers are growing.

I know they're just a fan leaves, but is there any chance i can expect roots? I followed Hicks tutorial (mucho props Hick, well done ol' chap :)). Except I planted into those rapid rooter plug things instead of soil.
Dome is off in pic (obviously).

23.jpg

good idea with keeping everything HUSH HUSH!! only way to have it..
i got 2 orangebud in flower 26 days..they smell great!!! good luck

POTDOC said:
sorry man you cant get clones from fan leaves

That's what I assumed, darn it.
Any other suggestions to get clones off of these? I would rather not start from seed again...

Thanks.

i start my plants with floros also, i keep my light at about an inch from the small plants with a fan right on them, (advise given to me here at MP) makes the stems sturdy, and promotes lots of nodes very close together, so you will have branches to take clones from.
Great grow and set up, You may want to stake those tho, so they dont fall later.
good growin!

PeaceKiller said:
Now that all the males have been removed, I have taken cuttings from the best looking females of each strain. You may laugh (I am), but these were the best I could get. Unfortunately my branching never went multiple, so I just have fan leaves up the stem. I cut from towards the bottom, rather then the top to not interfer where the flowers are growing.

I know they're just a fan leaves, but is there any chance i can expect roots? I followed Hicks tutorial (mucho props Hick, well done ol' chap :)). Except I planted into those rapid rooter plug things instead of soil.
Dome is off in pic (obviously).

View attachment 57483

From what I have learned, negative pressure is always better for a grow room. In other words, more exhaust than intake if possible.

:farm: I've been leaving mine on 24/7 now that the girls are in bud.
I had them on a timer with the last grow (on 12 hrs./off 12 hrs.) but humidity got too high and mold was a problem. Now I keep all standing water out and keep the fans and exhaust on all the time.
You should see my power bill!!!!
And later when they start budding your roommate might smell them. How big is your house??? :rolleyes:
Too bad you couldn't have the support of your roomate. It would be very hard keeping that from someone you are sharing a house with.
Wow. That is a tough one. :fid: Good luck to you. I'll be popping in checking how you are doing!
:peace:

:eek: Good Luck. :bolt:

tcbud said:
i start my plants with floros also, i keep my light at about an inch from the small plants with a fan right on them, (advise given to me here at MP) makes the stems sturdy, and promotes lots of nodes very close together, so you will have branches to take clones from.
Great grow and set up, You may want to stake those tho, so they dont fall later.
good growin!

I agree with TC... I was going to write about your stretching plants needing closer lights and fans directly on them.
Why don't you pinch the tops and clone them. Maybe you will also get some branching after you top your plants. Should help for sure!

PeaceKiller said:
That's what I assumed, darn it.
Any other suggestions to get clones off of these? I would rather not start from seed again...

Thanks.
:holysheep: I suggest you clip the tops only of those plants and don't bother those fan leaves at all. Make sure you have at a node or two for easier rooting. Then clone those...
You should get branches on the stems after you clip the tops... are you still in veg? I hope so. I'd let them veg until you get some branches... Also, since the light is just 400, you can bring it way down. Just don't let them burn. The closer the better. But keep the fan so it blows between the light and the plants... keeps them cooler while they get max rays!
That's just my idea on what 'I' would do... Do you have any bat guano... Do you have any Super Thrive??? :)

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, appreciated.

During Veg, I should of had the lights closer (lesson learned) your right.

I keep the intake and exhaust running 24/7, and there is a slight vacuum, so no odor.

What do you mean by pinch the top? Buds are forming up there already. I do know what topping is, but I'm a little afraid don't want to mess that up.

PeaceKiller said:
Thank you for the suggestions everyone, appreciated.

During Veg, I should of had the lights closer (lesson learned) your right.

I keep the intake and exhaust running 24/7, and there is a slight vacuum, so no odor.

What do you mean by pinch the top? Buds are forming up there already. I do know what topping is, but I'm a little afraid don't want to mess that up.

:doh:Oh, sorry about that. I thought you were still in veg... Maybe once the light is lowered some branches will come off toward the bottom of your plants. Hopefully you can get some clones then. I have cloned many with little buds on them and they clone just fine. I like to make sure I have two nodes on each clone. Do you have a book on cloning? Maybe there is some information in this site. I think there is a whole thread with photos. I'm going to go look right now.
In my journal at the very beginning I have photos of clones. I'll be sure to put some more up also. At least you can get an idea what I do. There's different practices of course.
I use hydro for making clones. I've never tried anything else, but I'm going to soon just to learn how... I'll be looking up information about that myself. I usually read and study a lot before I try anything new... just a student at heart. There is so much to learn always.
Good luck to you. :peace:

Thank you Ettesun, for your kind words and advice. I reviewed your journal and you sure have it going on, good job!

A few of my ladies have potential bottom braches that have multiple nodes. I'll give it another week or so to see if they further develop to be more suitable for cloning. Keep you posted.

:ciao:
Well thank you too! Come on over and check out my new photos.
My lights were off so my girls are droopy, but they will perk up and I will get some more. I put photos of the cloner in just for you. Stop by for a peek.
:fly:

Latest posts

Back