First Grow Ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st pic in the middle I think I see some white hairs....I cant get a better pic..I have a crappy old Iphone 4 that doesn't seem to focus.

Pic two is the the newest of my indoor family....I transplanted it and actually buried it about 8 inches in soil...that's how tall it was.

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

UPDATE: I got my 400W HPS light set up and also my 440CFM vent with inline filter. Tent is rocking now! Some new growth...and I think ready to flower?

So now that I am in that grey area between continuing to veg, or swap over to flower....what do you all think? Given what you see based on the pics.

Also, should I trim some of the lower leaves, they seem to be blocking new growth.

Well today is day 2 of 12/12. Got the 400W HPS rocking. Max temp recorded today was 81*. Humidity stays within 45-55% constantly.

Today is watering day. I have been doing as FF says and adding nutes every other water (once a week or so)

Should I wait another watering before nuting? or should I just go ahead and keep on as planned.

foxfarm nute schedule.jpg

I nute every other watering.

Do your plants have alternating nodes yet and/or preflowers? If so it's mature enough, but if you want to pull more you may want to pot-up first.

:joint4::stoned::bolt:

7greeneyes said:
I nute every other watering.

Do your plants have alternating nodes yet and/or preflowers? If so it's mature enough, but if you want to pull more you may want to pot-up first.

:joint4::stoned::bolt:

I am sooo new at this......I can try to take a better pic...but my phone cant dial in the flowers I am seeing. They look like new growth..however there are little hairs coming from them instead of green growth.

And what does pot up mean?

pot-up means to transplant to a bigger radius pot for more root mass = more top growth = more bud

if they're already in 12/12 then u don't want to transplant now. Those hairs are indicative a female. Can u take a closeup :)

Pot up simply means to transplant to a larger bucket. As you're already in flower I wouldn't suggest moving them up now, you'll just slow them down.

I feed every 7 days, unless the tips of the leaves are burned brown, then you've hit their limit and you can just use ph'd water for a round or two.

If the tips of the leaves are light yellow, that means they want feed, so even if you just fed the last time, you can give again. But, always, as soon as you see brown tips instead of light yellow, back off the feed.

The first 3 weeks of flower they really suck the feed, so little chance of you giving more than they need, unless you fed heavy during veg.

Good luck!

Melvan said:
Pot up simply means to transplant to a larger bucket. As you're already in flower I wouldn't suggest moving them up now, you'll just slow them down.

I feed every 7 days, unless the tips of the leaves are burned brown, then you've hit their limit and you can just use ph'd water for a round or two.

If the tips of the leaves are light yellow, that means they want feed, so even if you just fed the last time, you can give again. But, always, as soon as you see brown tips instead of light yellow, back off the feed.

The first 3 weeks of flower they really suck the feed, so little chance of you giving more than they need, unless you fed heavy during veg.

Good luck!

yeah I just stepped into the thread then went back and read it, lol...I'm gonna go find a :joint4:

7greeneyes said:
yeah I just stepped into the thread then went back and read it, lol...I'm gonna go find a :joint4:

HAHA, all help is welcome! Medicated or not!!!!

as for that close up... I tried and tried again....my iphone wont get any close than what I have posted without getting all blurred. I know this is a female.

It does have alternating nodes...as in off the stem, branches shoot in 4 directions....not just 2. When it was a baby it was only two....is that what you mean?

More pics....not sure what is up with these leaves.....at first I thought it was a nute splashed them...but now its happening above and beyond where nutes would reach them.......

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

soil is 1/2 organic compost I make (same stuff I use for my food garden)

then a mix of 1/4 perlite and 1/4 vermiculite.

Plant is 6 weeks old, vegged under CFLS. I upgraded a few days ago to MH/HPS

These leaves have worsened/new appearances since switcing to the HPS light.

So went ahead with the normal schedule of nutes. Did the FF BB and TB. Today all is looking very healthy, with the exception of a few leaves.

To answer an above question regarding alternating nodes.....yes now that I know what that means...There are tons.

For every alternating node...there is what I want to call a flower coming out from between the node and the stem. I counted a total of 9 flowers coming from the alternating node sites.

That's ph issues, tested your ph lately? Not the water, but your medium? Pics to me look like you have lockout. Leaves feel brittle?

Melvan said:
That's ph issues, tested your ph lately? Not the water, but your medium? Pics to me look like you have lockout. Leaves feel brittle?

Tested it 2 days ago right before I started 12/12. Mind you, the kit I am using is not digital...its old school. You add soil, water and the powder they give you.

I came up with a 7.0

Yes, lower leaves are brittle....upper ones feel lush

Stop feeding, all you're doing is more damage. They can't process the food right now, so it's just storing, that's why leaves are brittle.

Back of the feed, give only properly ph'd water for at least 3 rounds, maybe more.

When you do go back to feeding make sure you mix the feed, let it sit an hour, test and correct ph, then feed.

20 bucks says your compost is high N too, so if you're feeding on top of that, you're getting some major doses. Really, if you're using an organic compost, I would bet all you need to feed is a compost tea now and again.

Melvan said:
Stop feeding, all you're doing is more damage. They can't process the food right now, so it's just storing, that's why leaves are brittle.

Back of the feed, give only properly ph'd water for at least 3 rounds, maybe more.

When you do go back to feeding make sure you mix the feed, let it sit an hour, test and correct ph, then feed.

Wow, lots to learn. I know adding lime will raise PH, but with MJ what do you use to lower? I have espoma holly tone, but I think that would be overkill.

I am an experienced gardener, but am new to MJ. How would you go about lowering PH?

Latest posts

Back