First grow harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niteshft

Reaction score
Hi all, good to be back with you. Over the couple weeks down time I harvested my crop and made some ISO with some of the lower buds using Bacardi 151. I have Jock Horror, Bubblelicious and Ice, the ISO is a combination of the three and amounts to almost 6 grams.
Enjoy the pics!!!!:woohoo
View attachment IMG_0179 (580x387) (580x387).jpg

View attachment IMG_0181 (580x387) (580x387).jpg

View attachment IMG_0197 (387x580) (387x580).jpg

View attachment IMG_0186 (387x580) (387x580).jpg

View attachment IMG_0183 (387x580) (387x580).jpg

The smoke is intense, especially the ISO and I love how smooth it is. I tried it in a one-hitter and going to vap some later today to see how it goes. It was my first try with the ISO both in processing and using and I'm loving it!

stinkyelements said:
Nice buds for first grow harvest, good way to start back
Thanks, I'm pleased with the results and hopefully, learned a few things that will help with my next grow.

Seems like I've been sitting in front of my PC for a half hour with it turned off.:eek: I didn't check the clock when I sat down so, who knows?:rolleyes:
You see, I stumbled apon a wrench I needed for fixing my fawcet in the hitchen that drips and bothers me while watching TV. So, I brought it up to the kitchen then realized I also needed an allen wrench for the screw that holds the handle in place.
My Vape is on the counter and made me remember that I hadn't tried my ISO hash in it yet. I turned it on and loaded a little crumbles that was scraped from the pan that I used to vape the alcohol out. Once heated I toked a half dozen or so hits over a few minutes time and waited a bit with no discernable effects. I shrudged my shoulders and went off looking for the allen wrench.
While stumbling around the garage, (I'm not very organized), the effects creeped up on me and made it difficult to concentrate on what I was doing. I gave up and turned on the TV for the news and turned it off after when the next show was not to my taste and I had a job to do anyways.
I went back to the garage and found the allen wrench I needed, fixed the fawcet, put away the tools and decided I deserved a break. :woohoo: I'm goung to MP and see what's going on.:woohoo:
So, here I am and going to give an update on the ISO.
I used Bacardi 151 only because I was in a hurry to get it done and that was the strongest liquer I could find in the store I went to. I had heard of using rubbing alcohol and stuff but was concerened about anything that may have been in the product and didn't want to waste time with the mirror test and I'm glad I did.
After straining, the product looked about the same with an amber color of the bacardi and a very light green from the buds. I should say that all the trichs were cloudy and hadn't turned any amber. I used a rice cooker to vape the alcohol and carboxalate the thc since I didn't know how I was going to utilize the final product yet. The sraping turned out to be a dark brown, (see the pic, it's next to the lighter), and firmed up at room temp but is still sticky, and brittle. It becomes flexable when brought up to body temp in your hand.
In the vape it smokes very smooth. The taste is a little smokey, plum fruity and is apparant in the exhale as well. The smoky taste may be because the vape was set to 385*F and light smoke was visible during the exhale. On the day I made it I tried it in the one-hitter and it was smooth as well. I have smoked from the same load a few times and it burns with a hot ash simular to regular hash, not like full melt. I prefer the taste when using the vape and will use that method from now on.
Well, that's it for now, time to cruse the site and see what's going on. See you guys and gals around!

Nice pics. I like seeing pics of fresh bud. River Rat

Isnt it a good feeling when its all trimmed and hanging? Last year was my first year to accomplish this. It was an extremely satisfying moment when I did the stem crack test and got a nice little "pop" sound. Cant wait to see your next grow.

Thanks for the comments all and yes, Roddy, the anticipation is tough and is why I harvested early with MP out of order. I had no-one to go to to incourage me to wait. It's all good tho 'cause I'm enjoying the fruits of my work.
My next grow will veg a little longer in order to get more lower buds for ISO production as I really like it. The buds smoke smooth thru the vape as well but the fruity flavor from using the Bacardi 151 makes doing the ISO harsh at higher temps. It would better use made into something that can be injested. Next ISO will be done with a purer alcohol so I am able to crank the heat up in the vapeorizer when finished.

It's been awhile since I've given an update of my harvest and it's pleasures.

As I've stated, it was harvested a little early. I gave it nutes just befor MP went off line, in hopes of fattening up the colas. I did something wrong and all the leaves dried up...even into the sugar leaves on the buds. I frieked and chopped it all down, altho methodicly. Some of the buds give me an uncomfortable buzz where I'm overthinking and some give me a very relaxed, pain free moment. I think the Indica and Sativa characteristic never got a chance to fully develope, never mind the deminished quantity.
I mentioned about testing the ISO in my vaporizer and need to give an update on that. Way back then, I dusted my vape bowl with various pieces of ISO scrapings that I didn't think amounted to much. I hadn't given a thought about having buds that one hit will set you OK. You know that stuff and I got me some ISO of that stuf. I've gone to that bowl 5-6 times now....without reloading.
One time, I managed to get to the point of having taking a hit of the vape and I got distracted. One and one half hour later, on my way back from town I realized I left home with the vape on. So what, I'll loose a hit of ISO 'cause it will have burn't up. Not true! I took a few hits when I got home and caught a good buzz.
I don't know, 5-6 hits on the same load over as many days is pretty good stuff. I just wish I hadn't used Bacardi 151 to do it. The smoke is really harsh at high temps and that is what you hyave to do to smoke it.

Really incredible that I can get so many hits on a single load. Looking forward to my next attempt at making ISO.

nice bud night!
i think the best thing about the 1st harvest is that you proved to yourself you can grow weed ,mine was aurora indica.
if you like the 1st harvest , just wait until the 2nd.
i'm getting ready for my 3rd harvest , acapulco gold ! ( looking like 3 weeks for that)

SWEET!! Just dropped 2 LSD, 2 OG Kush, a Blueberry Gum and a Great White Shark into germ...with plans to drop 5 Acapulco Gold and 3 more Kandy Kush in a few days!

Just trimmed a side bud from the Kandy Kush, checking taste and high....she is really tight and solid!!! :)

Latest posts

Back