First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they still make CFL bulbs ??? I know that in Canada they stopped using them being non environmentally friendly cause of the little mercury in them ??? is or has USA followed this route yet ,,,,

starting to think when inducing pre -flowering / flowering stage its got to do with more of how many hrs of lighting plant receives,
I mean last night i was outside 2 AM and my god it was lit up by the moon , stars etc
yet i think how many outdoor plants tend to Fruit marijuana included
so my conclusion is as long as you switch and maintain a constant 12 hrs of lights on and 12 hrs of darkness plants will fruit
even with indirect light such as a bedroom light entering a closet the plant will flower ,???? think of it this way you got a 100 watt light bulb 10 feet away will it grow a plant ???? from that distance ....
Phototropism is the plants movement in response to light even with light leaks i can/t see a plant lean towards the light try to get your area as dark as possible
Now if you have a strain that is not very stable it might take a little longer to flip to flower, or even hermie on you , Dam i remember when i first started growing mj owe room had to be dark blaa bla hell when it was watering days i took me 9 hrs to water my girls i would start middle of lights off period so i would not be up all night long watering and i turned on a light switch not a ballast they flowered with no issues

If you can afford a small tent, and have a place to put it, that is definitely the way to go.

thats cheap i like the 600DD might have to get one of these do they all come in silver lining ???

I found even cheaper ones like 73 for my closet

I have a small 32 x 32 that tucks into one corner of my bedroom. I do not use it all the time, but as I remember, it was in the $75 price range, too.

I'm going to get whatever is cheaper as long as it works plus I have to get a $70 grow tent. Then those t5 won't even be useful cuz I have to get a smaller tent.

What size tent are you getting? My T5 set up fits perfectly in a 2x4x5 tent.

I think I'll stick with basic CFLs, buying those t5s are twice as much and I still have to buy the grow tent

Thanks MR1, that's much more reasonable, and I'm going to get a tent that's 2'x2'x4.5' instead. How many lumens will the whole light produce?

How many lumens will the whole light produce?

Those 2 foot bulbs put out 2000 lumens per bulb. That whole set up will only get you 8000 lumens. 4 foot bulbs put out 5000 lumens per bulb.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251338673063?nav=SEARCH&varId=550281125384 same thing just buy it now not auction. But all together it only produces 8000lmn while a 4ft² tent requires 12000 lmn my CFLs would cover that easy producing 12800 lmn. I would have to disagree with you, unless t5s are miracle fluorescents and cover more light than the website says. 4 t5s don't even come close to the CFLs I found. And for flwrn I'm gonna use the same kind of CFLs but its 2700k and produces 7000lmn per bulb

BTW my plants so far.
2ydeby7y.jpg
ygyduraz.jpg
5epyta6u.jpg

Is the first one a lost cause or what? Its older than the other 2

Latest posts

Back