First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it in the freezer with the other, Puff -- don't have any iso -- I thinking it's one of those strainers used with ice? I could use grain alcohol and extract the thc -- I'm going to have a lot of this stuff to play with pretty soon. I'll just save it for now -- unless I run dry in the mean time.

Sorry, I don't know what iso is or how it is used. Please explain.

Hi HemperFi- Isopropyl Alcohol. Rubbing alcohol. Comes in different strengths, 70% is about the lowest I think. Try to get the highest % you can find- 90% maybe.

It's used to extract the essential oils and makes what many call hash oil. There's some good how-to threads in the hash section.

IMO it is not a good idea to use coffee filters to filter anything--it traps too much of the good stuff. Silkscreen or light cheesecloth is far better. Actually, I think given your situation making bubble hash instead of making hash with iso would be a better idea. I would recommend you looking at some inexpensive bubble bags on e-bay.

This is very interesting. I will try it soon. I thought grain alcohol was the stuff to use. I did make some hash down in Mexico once, but it was grain alcohol we used. We put the weed through a cheese cloth and saved the hash powder that came through, soaked the weed in the alcohol, poured it into cookie pans, let it evaporate, scraped up the oil from the pans and mixed it with the powder. It was like the hash we used to get from Afganistan and Lebonon -- remember that stuff -- haven't seen any in years. I want to do it some time with some real good weed. I figure eventually I'll be like the rest of you and have more weed thasn I know what to do with -- then I will play. Right now I'm still worried I'm going to run out again before my buds are ready -- probably. In that case I will see what I can do with this little bit of trim. I took it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge.

My plants look fantastic at three weeks. I have HIGH hopes for them. The bud development is coming along real nicely. It truly is an amazing plant -- so beautiful growing. The White Power that I nearly distroyed is looking remarkably well. It is a bit pale, but the buds are springing up wonderfully and looking very tasty. Even in its sorry condition I believe it will be better than the weed from its mother I recieved yesterday in the mail. I like the high, and it smokes okay. It's just not the quality I am expecting from my grow. I hope everyone is having a nice day. It is sunny and beautiful here -- mid 70s today. There is a big costume party at the bar tonight -- I will go over for a drink and a look and then come back to the boat. There will be hundreds of people all dressed up, and it is quite a spectical, but I'm not really into crowds of people, or paying 8 dollars a drink. All is well (relatively) on the boat. We are still a float, and the dank is growing nicely.

Peace

Wanna see?

100_0727.JPG

100_0728.JPG

100_0729.JPG

100_0730.JPG

100_0732.JPG

Puff, I did happen to have some iso, so I did as instructed and can hardly type. I haven't been this high in a long time. Thank you my man.

PuffinNugs said:
thats great :) its a nice little trick to know.

Yes, a very cool little trick to know -- and so easy.

It is just beautiful here at the lake today. High 70's, sunny, slight breeze, clear skys -- and here I am so stoned I can hardly move. Like I said before: I don't get couch lock like most folks. What I get is what Steven Hawking looks like. Sure glad I don't have anything important to do today -- except water a few plants. :)

My neighbor came by last night. He told me he was schedualed for surgery to have some electrical thingy put in him to help with the cronic pain, but he told one of his doctors about the relief he has experienced by smoking weed, and the doc told him to forget the surgery. The electric thingy would only reduce his pain by 50%, he couldn't use it while driving and he would have to turn it off when he sleeps. The doctor told him if marijuana works for him so well there is no reason to under-go such a dangerous procedure. I don't know what he is going to do, but he gave me some money to get him some weed. I wish mine was ready. I gave him another little bud.

My ladies are just plumping up nicely. I've raised a couple of boys in my life, and that was pretty easy (good boys), but these horny little ladies kinda scare me -- putting out all them little hairs, crying out to be impregnated, they are not teasing -- little floozies.

Peace

Fyi you can store your trim in the freezer for long periods with no issues. I trim into plastic grocery bags lining a huge bowl. When im done or they are full I squeeze the air out and out them in a ziplock and into the freezer. I usually save up 3-4 grows worth before making bubble hash or canna butter. Making butter is easier I find and I prefer the effects of edibles over smoking sometimes. My friends sure do enjoy my cookies. Plants look good btw.

thanks ak, I was thinking It could be frozen -- What I had is all hashed up here on a plate in front of me -- I should have a nice bag in the freezer by Christmas. Do you dry it before you use it?

Yeah, the plants are popping. :) thank you, again.

I fed the AK and the WP with some Big Bloom (FF) I added a little cal-mag plus and a dash of Cha Ching. I was just thinking the girls would like a little change of diet -- something a little organic. I'll give them plain lake water their next feeding. They are looking pretty good -- getting fat and sassy.

They had the big party at the marina last night -- a good time was had by all. I picked up on a real cute little thing. We danced once and she told me she was a reformed hooker. So, I asked her to dance again. After that dance she told me she is a recovering junkie and showed me some real ugly veins on her arms. We danced again. She was in the process of telling me about her four kids when some members of her family came and took her away. I was sooo relieved. She was cute though. :) I was up all night drinking and smoking -- Had a good time.

HemperFi said:
thanks ak, I was thinking It could be frozen -- What I had is all hashed up here on a plate in front of me -- I should have a nice bag in the freezer by Christmas. Do you dry it before you use it?

Yeah, the plants are popping. :) thank you, again.
Negative on the drying part. I just put it in the freezer wet.

Thank you Jack, I wish I had a beetter lens on my camera. The buds on my plants are sugar coated. It started yesterday. I thought something ELSE was wrong -- they looked a little fuzzy or something, so I grabbed up my magnifying glass and had a look. WOW, The trich population is in the millions. They are so pretty. Glistening in the light this morning. I am beginning to realize that I just MIGHT be in store for a treat here. I know there is a long way to go, but I have been reading everything I can find on cutting and curing. I read some scary stuff last night about mold and such. So I know there are still things that can go wrong, but I'm going to try and stay on top of things here on the old boat and try my best to bring in a small crop of really good bud. Just a few weeks now.... Too cool......

Been trying to get a shot of the trichs forming on these flowers. It's truly beautiful.

100_0748.JPG

100_0750.JPG

100_0751.JPG

nice hemper it is hard to get pics of the trichs, and yes it is beautiful :) thats where I am right now on a couple my babys there bout 3 and a half weeks old and starting to trich up reall nice.

Keep up the green work hemper.

Latest posts

Back