First Rookie Grow Journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xRedkiller03x said:
Here they are :) I did lose my white widow:( but still got 3 growing strong. what happened with my WW was a perlite rock was blocking it from sprouting so when it was suposed to come up it did a u-turn and headed back down. Pics- My Baby's, Cool tube, Grow Tent.

...organized and tidy. Cool. :aok:

It looks a little yellowish but dont freak out. Slower growing plants can mean a number of things, in this stage you can rule out nute issue, the only nute issue that yellows plants like that is a Nitrogen defficiency,which in this stage of the plants growth isnt very possible because the two little round leaves that come out first supply the plant with Nitrogen until its gets is fan leaves out there to really start the photosynthesis cycle.

What you want to think about is SDGF a different strain than the others, maybe it doesnt grow as fast.

Also one thing that burns my bum to this day but is taken as fact (although there isnt cold hard proof) that male plants will grow faster and bigger than the ladies even in the same grow sith same conditions.

This dissappoints alot of growers who have these giants and then realize that only one of em is female, but out of all the runts in the grow most go female.

However like i said this isnt proven science just opinion and probably not true, but it sures seems to be so I go by it. Dont freak out yet as they are still too young to need any true feeding maybe, when your plant food gets there start off with like a 1/4 of what the bottles ask for.

Also make sure your PH levels of your feed water and soil are on. You have fresh soil so it should be okay. Make sure your water (once nutes are added) is PH 6.5-7.

Otherwise the plant cant use it and it will sit in the soil and build up and eventually kill the plant since it cant use it or burn the plants.

They look great though. Just keep an eye on em and dont act before you are sure what you are doing is best.

I currently have 5 bagseed babies under (now 4) 23W CFLs. This is what Im seeing in one week.

2 of them are bushy short about an inch, working on the third node, awesome little stars.

2 of them are runts. Only just now starring out with their second nodes, maybe 1/2" high.

1 of them is just as tall and wide as the first two but this one's second node is big and bushy but only put out one leaf, instead of 3 like usual. The next nodes coming out look slightly off but nothing drastic, this one also likes to branch out a little more sideways, even though it has the same distance from the light.

Only reason I post this info is to show you that they may not always come out of the womb looking identical, but that doesnt mean anything is wrong with them.

The plants will scream HELP b4 giving in. Hell people can break stalks and bend plants all to hell and the only things it does in return as long as its still getting what it needs is continue to do what it should.

thnxs for the Input Alkaloid, ill be getting my Fox farm nuts later today & might trasplant them.

I would not use 6.5 to 7 in PH, but 6 to 6.5 if soil. IMO.

Fed Them there first nutes today :D Fox Farm Grow Big and Big Bloom, lets hope it likes it. Also for sum reason my critical plant top leaves are growing twisted, they like twist side ways and downwards abit.

Quick update- I transplanted them into 3 gallon smart pots and dont really know how much i should water them. usually in the 16 oz cups i watered them with 3 oz of water every other day and it has been working great. (will post pics later today)

water as needed, let the gals dry out fairly dry, then water thoroughly until you have a bit of run-off....since you did dry them out a bit, water slowly to allow absorption or run-off will be premature.

How I check...2 ways....stick finger in up to second knuckle, if no moisture, time to water. Now, while you know she needs water, pick up the pot and note the weight, now water and pick up again when fully watered....notice the difference. You now have an idea what they'll feel like!

Roddy isnt wrong here so dont take his advice as incorrect, but I do just want to add that the depth of your pot will determine if the finger trick is sufficient. I have seen grows right here on MP where people finger test a 5 gallon bucket or similar size and water accordingly, well guess what. Heavily overwatering.

Get a moisture meter from your garden section or do as alot of people do and pick up your pot when its dry, note the light weight. Then water, when the pot is nice and light again your ready to water.

Hey guyz just updating my Grow journal. All my plants handled the transplant very well. I firgured out why SDGF wasnt groing very well. It was really rootbound which is kinda weird since the other 2 didnt have that problem. But every plant is different and SDGF just grew roots alot faster and longer. I Also finally fully set up my Grow tent. added my S&P Inline fan and insulated ducting and i got to say they are Freaking AWESOME! I barely hear anything. plus im getting that negative pressure thing ppl be talking about(when tent looks likes it being sucked).

Nice setup man, The S&P's are great. I have a 100 wrapped in insulation and it's crazy quiet. Good luck on the grow!

ya i have had a few different strains goin a few times, different strains seem to grow slower or faster then others, just because it is weed dosnt mean it is all the same so grow thick and thin slow and fast high and low just wait and keep doin what your doin JMO

My Crtical plants is not looking so good right npw guyz, it has sum serious brown spots that spread to the upper leaves and the bottom leaves are getting really yellow. not sure what to do. my Blue cheese has the same thing but its really minimal. little spots will yellow around it but im not sure if its gonna spread.and should i cut off the brown spots on my critical? dont know what to do.

are you checking your PH? and if so how?
What all nutes and how strong are you at?

i give them half strength fox farm grow big and big bloom right now and i check ph with a really nice ph tester i bought. today i watered with nutes and ph was at 6.7

my third pic in my las post thoose leaves are now curling upwards and yellow ones are really dry.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but after searching for those nutes I found that this was their NPK

Fox Farm Grow Big 3-2-6
Fox Farm Big Bloom .01-.3-.7

Those NPK levels are lacking in nitrogen and are potassium heavey, in veg you want a higher nitrogen over the other two. Yellow leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency which would which would be explained in your low levels of nitrogen compared to your potassium levels.

Also wouldn't big bloom be a flowering nutrient?

Sparda said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but after searching for those nutes I found that this was their NPK

Fox Farm Grow Big 3-2-6
Fox Farm Big Bloom .01-.3-.7

Those NPK levels are lacking in nitrogen and are potassium heavey, in veg you want a higher nitrogen over the other two. Yellow leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency which would which would be explained in your low levels of nitrogen compared to your potassium levels.

Also wouldn't big bloom be a flowering nutrient?

My "Grow Big" bottle says 6-4-4.. and Big Bloom is used as an additive/enhancement, to a regular nutrient regime

Hick said:
My "Grow Big" bottle says 6-4-4.. and Big Bloom is used as an additive/enhancement, to a regular nutrient regime

Ah my bad, yeah after searching again I see the ones which I found before were "fox farm grow big hydro" which was the one with the NPK of 3-2-6.

So ignore all I said haha.

Latest posts

Back