First time growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead4life

Weed Over Seed
Reaction score
Hello is my first time growing and i really dont know what i am doing.

here is what i got (watched mr green on youtube)

48" 6 lamp t5ho for veg 3x3000k and 3x6500k
400 hps set up for buddin
ph tester
nutrient ppm tester
schiltz takeroot
FLORANOVA GROW & BLOOM 1qt each
and a hydroponics system i made watching mr green

now i am trying to start from seeds but is just not working, my seeds wont grow. I had them in a cup of water till they opend then i put them in soil and water them twice a day under them t5ho lights for 16hr is been 6 days and nothing what am i doing wrong? I smoked a blunt and used some 50 seeds just to try it, because i dont wanna **** up my ak-47 seeds

can someone help me here

Sounds like you are over watering your seeds. They shouldn't need to be watered even once a day. More like once a week at that stage. The soil should be moist not wet. Also why are you posting in the hydro section if you are growing in soil?

I think you are overwatering, too. But there may be other problems. If you are going to do these hydroponically, you are probably going to want to start your seeds in something like rockwool (rockwool needs to be soaked in water adjust to 5.5 ph before using) or rapid rooters.

Have you checked out the germination section? Start with this sticky: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14482

thanks for the reply.

At first i started with rockwood and nothing was happening then i grabed some more trees and tryed soil and still nothing. Bud i do still have the rockwood and soil under the light and i didnt water them at all today lets see what happens

If you put the seeds in rockwool and wet it you shouldn't have to water it again for about a week if you keep it in a humidity dome maybe longer.

so when the seed cracks just put it in wet rockwood and then under the light? or should i still keep it in a dark place?

You are putting way to much thought into this. I'll try to do a step by step, but I'm sure you could have found this in 100 other threads by searching. Not trying to be rude, but you wouldn't have had to wait for someone to respond and you would have your sprouts sooner.

Germinate:
Get 2 or 3 paper towels wet them with some distilled water, squeeze excess water out of the towels. Place your seeds into the middle of the wet towels. Fold over the wet towels keeping the seeds between layer of MOIST towels. set the towel with the seeds on a plate and get another plate and put over the top, creating something that will look like a UFO. Set them away and check them every 12 hours, no sooner, you don't need to be messing with them a lot, don't even worry about changing the towels until day 3 or so, but by this time you should have taproots. Once your taproot is 1/4" long move to sowing.

Sowing:
Prepare your soil in the containers you are going to use. In the center of your container with soil take a sharped pencil and poke 1 hole in the center of each container (the sharped part of your pencil up until the paint is how deep your hole in the soil should be, easy measurement for beginners) . Take your seed with 1/4" taproot (don't let them get longer than this in the germination steps) and place it in the hole. GENTLY push just the littlest bit of soil over the seed, don't compact it, don't pinch it, you want the soil as loose as possible. Take a spray bottle and mist the top of the soil 5 times where you planted the seed. You should see the seed break ground in as little as 3 days. I usually don't have to mist the soil again for the first 3 days. Before the plant sprouts you usually don't need much, if any, lighting. I usually turn on 1 of the 5 fluorescent bulbs that I usually use for seedlings until the sprouts show their cotyledon leaves.

ok is been 5 days and my seeds are not growing i got the white tip sticking out of the shell but not 1/4". what can be wrong ?

what your doing wrong is over careing put seeds in bog roll wet it and put pint glass over top leave for a few days then put in soil then water and leave it till something shows up dont check em every five mins and dont over water them ...hope this helps good look

if your tap roots started and then you let the seeds dry out it may have killed the seed and that may be why you would show tap roots but no more growth

you might want to look into some organo plugs...i use old (6m-1 year) bagseeds and they break ground in 2 or 3 days...you usually don't have to water until the first set of leaves.

Was I the only guy that grew plants in his grade 2 science class?

Latest posts

Back