First timer, need a lil help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, no matter what happens with this plant, just know you're "in it" now and are certainly going to do better every single grow. Next run, get a bean from a reputable place, and reputable breeder (great genetics is the best starting point), and just keep on learning through it. Your stuff will only get better and better. :aok:

This is the brown spots in tlking bout, its on every leaf, every corner on both of the girls... Like I said its not that bad but were still worried bout it only because it's our first time an we dnt wnt to screw anything up. If you look at all the other leafs in the pic, you can see the spots on them to.

View attachment WP_20141004_19_25_00_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
That's just showing you that your nutes are at the MAX you'd want to run them. Nute burn starts at the tips, and that is 100% normal looking to me. :aok:

Nothing wrong with those leaves. The very points is really no big deal but if the tips on the edges of the leaves start looking the same then give them strait water for at least a couple times you water them. And water heavy enough so it drains out the bottom to help wash out the nute build up. But, they look good!!
Peace, SM

I would agree with all of the above :) You will get normal wear and tear on the leaves over time and as she gets towards the harvest, you will see lower leaves that are older, yellow off and die. That is normal. It is when you begin to see a pattern of unhealthy actions that there is something to be concerned about. :)

lol, we forget that there are lots of terms that develop in this. "Nute" is short for nutrient. "Overnute" means you are giving too much nutrients and the soil has gotten to "hot" with Nitrogen and will "burn" the tips of the leaves, which is the very tips of the leaf "fronds" that turn brown as if someone burned them with a lighter. "fronds" are the individual fingers of a leaf. younger leaves have 3 fingers or "fronds" and older leaves will develop as many as 7 fronds. :) I really need to sit down and do a nomenclature key chart with definitions.

When we water them we jst use regular water, like w haven't gt any of the nutrient's yet tht you guys have told us to gt so I'm NT sure why there's to much nutrients. We used the Miracle Grow feed only a few times but tht was when they were still in the veg stage. When we fill up the water bottles tht we use we leave the lids off for 24 hrs before we even use tht water.

Weeeeelll, that is the problem with using miracle grow nutrients and/or soil. Different types of plants like different types of nutrients and soil. Corn grows better in sandy loam soil than in rich black or clay soil. Tobacco love clay rich loamy soil. African violets like dark fluffy, acidic soil, etc. MJ is a very need specific plant, more so than many other plants. People call it a weed but it isn't a weed, it is a Herb that is very particular about its nutes.

Miracle Grow is an "all purpose" nutrient/soil that has too much of some elements and not enough of other elements. It can be used with success as you yourself are evidence for it, but its not the best, especially for new growers. I am honestly suprised that you haven't burned them up using MG nutrients as that is what happens many times with new growers who use MG. But you have done quite well to not burn them. The little bit of color on the tips of the leaves is usually a sign of there being too much nutrient (usually nitrogen) in the soil.

I don't believe yours is too much at this point. If the tips of the leaves were showing more tip browning then I would say that there is too much nutes. At this moment, I am more inclined to think that you don't have enough "bloom" nutrients in them to help them produce nice big dense buds, but that is also afffected by the amount of light that they are getting as well. However, since you have bought the new light to put them under, I would say ffeed them some bloom nutes. :)

It's good to kno tht we are doin so will with MG, we will deff NT be using tht for our next grow, wat kind of soil do you recommend? You said we can gt the bloom nutrient's at Lowes right? Do we jst mix it in with our water, if so, how much?

Anyone? I gt tht nutrient's but I dnt kno how much to use and dnt wna user to much

Latest posts

Back