first timer wish me luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is hardly a week that goes by, that I don't learn something from someone. It's a good feeling. Hey, now I know something I didn't know a second ago!

I love that feeling.

learnin to gro said:
i will smoke one giant white widow fatty just 4 u
Ok! Fire that puppy up! Puff, puff, toke, toke, snort, snort...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I caint take no more......

skunk said:
good luck. ps the 2 you said that died did they just not germinate?
no they all germed and i just put em in soilbut i got nervous at how long they took to come up so i poked around and f'd em up i had a 100% germ rate from those and a 0% germ rate from the freebies i got from the company

Try this; put the back of your hand at your plant level. If the light is uncomfortable and begins to feel 'burny' it's too close.

I think the closest I got was a foot but with a well vented light. I have gotten heat burn; the leaves can look really crispy as well.

im just always interested in peoples germination rate from different seed companys. gl man.

skunk said:
im just always interested in peoples germination rate from different seed companys. gl man.
I cant complain about the company and would use em again if they werent a little pricey... www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com ill say they took 5 weeks with a credit card order a little too long for me. but customer service replies in 1 business day sometimes on same day they quote you 12-16 bus days on delivery... final report will be quality of the white widow... but like i said the freebies are useless germed the same way and not one sprouted

hey guys its me again. well my plants have improved quite a bit after the frying problems. and we are now growing again.. in fact im going to be taking clones the end of this week. final tally 6seeds 5 females 1 male not bad. i got the male flowering so i can snag some pollen. i had wanted to wait until my plants got to about 24 inches before i flowered but unfortunately all they are doing is growing sideways as you can see in the picture they are just little bushes. so i think im going to wait 2 more weeks than flower as i will be taking clones the end of this week and will wait for recoivery before i flower. i have now fed the ones on the right twice with FF grow big 1/2 dose and the other three once. im not sure if there is a little nute burn or maybe a deficiancy of some sort PLZ LOOK AT CLOSE UP PICS OF LEAVES:( any ways they look pretty good with little white preflowers on about 20 diff sites on the biggest plants :D the leaves im showing you are probably one of the only 4 or 5 on each plant THNX also pic of plants out of closet is before watering in closet is after watering on next day

learnin to gro said:
im not sure if there is a little nute burn or maybe a deficiancy of some sort PLZ LOOK AT CLOSE UP PICS OF LEAVES:( any ways they look pretty good with little white preflowers on about 20 diff sites on the biggest plants :D the leaves im showing you are probably one of the only 4 or 5 on each plant...
Hey LTG, you'll have to do a little experimenting to find if you have a nitrogen or magnesium deficiency, but to me, it looks like one or possibly both.

The next gallon of nutrient you mix, add one teaspoon of Epsom Salts to the water and stir it up good to mix. Try a light foliar spray with this and if it's a Mg problem, it should clear up in just a couple of days.

If it doesn't, try adding just a little more nitrogen to your mix. If you're using a combo nute, add a tad of the "grow" or "vegetative" nutrient to what you've been using.

Good luck man. Let us know what happens.

Your bushy young ladies are looking great. Be sure and take Stoney Bud's advice he is the man. Keep up the great work we wanna see some fat buds on those ladies. ;)

hey thanks stoney, and you too TBG and sabby. yeah im going to try some epsom salts i was kind of thinking the same idea after lookin at all the sick plant posts and other stuff. one other quick question i have some purple branches on my biggest plants is that a phosphate def and would me starting to switch to bloom ferts clear that up or should i do something else

Whats up LTG. I'm not sure about everyone else but we get purple stems and stuff all the time and just let it go and they do fine. Some strains get them because it's in the genetics while other times it's because of a phosphorous deficiency or even cold temps. I would see what someone else says before doing anything drastic. ;)

thanks for the response TBG im just trying to get it all going right before i put em into flower i already started flowering my male and just took 15 clones so the end of this week maybe beginning of next im going to start flower they arent really getting much taller but 5 plants have now taken up almost every square inch of my 4ft x 3ft grow area and the stems from the 2nd node are starting to poke through the top

Those plants look great you said I was a week behind your grow. My plants seem a month behind compared to yours. Keep doing what your doing :)

hey guys just a teaser im starting flower tomorrow. heres my biggun after taking a half a dozen clones a week ago:D :D :D

learnin to gro said:
hey guys just a teaser im starting flower tomorrow. heres my biggun after taking a half a dozen clones a week ago:D :D :D
Man she sure does look great. Hope she buds up real nice for ya. ;)

thanks TBG i really appreciate you hangin around through the whole grow so far and with any luck ill get some good buds.. also on a surprising note i knocked over a seedling two weeks ago and broke it clean in half right at ground level so i put cloning powder on it and buried it now 2 weeks later it has rooted and started growing again amazing how strong these buggers are

hey guys i added some epsom salts and witched to tiger bloom 1/4 strength and big bloom 1/4 strength. and thanks to the help from the fine people at website my plants are kickin but this is second day into flowering. and heck those 5 plants are in a 4ftx3ft space and are bustin out it almost looks like a sea of green(unintentional) but im not complaining im counting somewhere around 25 -30 tops at the canopy height 20 inches.. my question is if i keep my plants a minimum of 12inches from the lights theyll be able to stretch about 2ft do you think this is enough or should i consider putting a screen in at about the max height

learnin to gro said:
my question is if i keep my plants a minimum of 12inches from the lights theyll be able to stretch about 2ft do you think this is enough or should i consider putting a screen in at about the max height

Wow there lookin great dude.
I would put the screen about 6" lower than max ht. They could stratch more than two feet. I've had em stretch up to 3' before depending on the strain.

Latest posts

Back