Flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
How often between fertilizing to you do a straight water flush?

IMO..its not needed unless ya feel ya have a lockout and or overfed

:48:

Ok thanks that is what I was thinking. No problems other then 1 week ago switched to Flora Nova Grow and a few of my younger plants did not like it that hot of a mix. Might lose 3-4 plants.

Start plants out with a weak nute solution, like 1/8th or 1/4 strength, regardless of what kind of nutes you are using. How much are you giving them? What did you switch from? Changing nute lines should not be a problem unless you jumped the ppms.

Are you sure the problem was caused by the nutes? How? Any pictures?

Oh yes it was the nutes. I did it at 2tsp to a gallon. 3 days later they all did not look happy. I wait 3 days before water again and dropped down to 1/2 tsp to a gallon and they are all doing good other then the little 2 inch plants. They are still alive but have just put in limbo. If they dont start growing in the next week I will Remove them I started enough of that batch to to a selective grow. That group is snow white and I have 20 of those growing so can drop a few.

Another method that works well for me and is recommended on some nutes is to use fresh water irrigation weekly, meaning just water-no nutes, unless you are in coco if so dilute solution to 200 or 300ppm once a week, this is to maintain electrolytic content in medium. It is recommended to do a flush strategically after veg, right before bloom, and at the end of week 5 in order to prepare for nute uptake for week 6 and 7, then flush again at beginning of week 9 or last week and use fresh water after for 7-10 days,
This definitely improve taste and aroma. I just did 2 runs with same genetics, 1st time no flushing, 2nd time I followed the above strategy, currently smoking and is sooo much better in every way.

I have done final flushes and not done final flushes. I do not flush now. I can honestly say that I see not difference at all in taste or how it burns after curing, however I do see a difference in yield and trichs with the plants I feed until the end and the plants I used to flush and starve the last 7-10 days.

As a side note, 2 tsp of Flora Nova per gal of water is quite a strong nute solution, around 950 ppms. I don't feed that much until they are a month or more.

THG Yes I learned not to mix that strong the hard way.

I dont flush at all..I just make a vermicompost tea... The microbes will break down the Nuets and feed them to the plants.. I also use mollassass only for the last two weeks .. Molassass is somewhat high in k which helps to pack on weight at the end... As an added benifit the Molassass feeds the microbes which in turn
Feeds the plant.. So why flush the good stuff out?

TokeyMcWeedy said:
I dont flush at all..I just make a vermicompost tea... The microbes will break down the Nuets and feed them to the plants.. I also use mollassass only for the last two weeks .. Molassass is somewhat high in k which helps to pack on weight at the end... As an added benifit the Molassass feeds the microbes which in turn
Feeds the plant.. So why flush the good stuff out?

Molasses are high in mg too. That's why you shouldn't use after halfway through flowering.
Mg is harsher than N to smoke.

kal el said:
Molasses are high in mg too. That's why you shouldn't use after halfway through flowering.
Mg is harsher than N to smoke.

I use only unsulphured molasses and there's virtually no mg.
NPK 0-0-3
.08 mg.
.27 cal.
280% less mg than 1 tbs. calmg

pure white ash.. Absolutely no harshness.

Latest posts

Back