GH Flora/Flora Nova Grow/Bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
What's the difference between these two lines? I'm kicking off Round 2 and want to change up my nutrient line and have heard good things about the GH3 part line. But now i see Flora and Flora Nova series' and don't know which is which.

GH3 is the traditional three part series. You use them from veg-flower just change the ratios of each as time goes by according to their schedule.

The FloraNova Series is an all in one- you get grow for veggie and bloom for flowering. Only one thing to measure and add.

I'm using FloraNova Grow because I can't get 3part where I live AND THG recommends it.
I don't use the Bloom- because THG said results were not great. I use CX xpress two part for coco soil right now for bloom. Seems to be doing fine- but I have nothing to compare it to.

So answer this question:
Are you a tinkerer- that would enjoy mixing up multiple concoctions
OR
Are you a KISS person- just want to measure feed and go.

Hope that helps.

I don't mind tinkering one bit. In fact, I'm thinking about building one of THG's DIY carbon filters. So long as the feeding schedule is easy to understand, i would be alright with buying the 3 part and mixing it up myself. Thanks tasty:)

I am sure The Hemp Goddess will shoot me for saying this as she is partial to GH, but I found Advanced Nutrients' Jungle Juice 3part to be really good. I have used it for several grows now and really like it. It is very easy to mix up and simple to use. I modify the ratios that they have listed on the containers but I have found (for my plants at least) that the recommended mixing schedule is pretty close to right. I have also found that it is not necessary to aerate it for 24hrs prior to adjusting the PH as it has no added PH buffers. The price of it is quite reasonable as well. :)

Yes, you would be fine buying the 3 parts and mixing yourself. There is a general feeding schedule on the back that works well. I like Flora Nova for veg. It is so easy with the one part and it buffers my water better than the 3 parts. Like Tasty mentioned, I don't like the Flora Nova Bloom, so generally run the Lucas formula using just the Micro and Bloom for flowering. I find I have to add Cal Mag during flowering.

Hushpuppy said:
I am sure The Hemp Goddess will shoot me for saying this as she is partial to GH, but I found Advanced Nutrients' Jungle Juice 3part to be really good. I have used it for several grows now and really like it. It is very easy to mix up and simple to use. I modify the ratios that they have listed on the containers but I have found (for my plants at least) that the recommended mixing schedule is pretty close to right. I have also found that it is not necessary to aerate it for 24hrs prior to adjusting the PH as it has no added PH buffers. The price of it is quite reasonable as well. :)

LOL--not at all. I'll have to give it another look. Maybe do a sise by side with different nutes. When you run multiple DWC buckets, mixing each individually is easy to do.

I use the 3 part GH flora series and follow the bottle instructions. It seems to be working well fo me. I have not tried the other.

Sometimes while mixing up the nutes I get into the mad scientist mind set of "double bubble toil and trouble. Bowl is burned and nutes are doubled.":eek:

Not always the best thing when multiple parts are needed to be mixed.:D

But GH is working well for me. Also my ph of GH is testing well right at mixture. I will be checking ph after 24 hours after mix before the next feeding. This I have not done as a comparison to my freshly mixed nutes.
I want to check this just for my own knowlege.

Green mojo to your grow!

Latest posts

Back