Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're definitely getting what they need.

Thanks GreenMobster. They’re well-fed and growing like crazy.

Seeing some mild nutrient burn on one plant today, so I’ll be cutting back on nutes a little. I’ve been feeding 1120 ppm. I don’t want to flush the pots again. I’m in coco, so I don’t think I can go straight water (I’m not sure). I might dilute the reservoir solution with straight water tomorrow.

IMG_0889.jpeg

And the plant that I tried to train to grow short……in all of her 56” of glory. This Zkitzz really took off and demonstrates my inability to maintain a uniform plant canopy. I really should do SCROGS, but I enjoy removing the plants from the tent for defoliation and photos.

IMG_0891.jpeg
IMG_0886.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Being able to remove them from the tent is a nice option. A screen really does lock you in. Looking at a nice 4x4 screen full of mini trees is pretty awesome too. Them girls can get out of hand quick if your not training daily. Them branches get hard pretty fast and hard to bend. No matter how it's been done your reaping rewards. She a beauty.
Crispy tips n edges. I'm waiting to see how mine responds to my heavy hand and big spoon. Not running super high yet but I'm pushing along and the chemdawg doesn't seem to like the overfull belly..lol I skipped a whole week of feeding.

Good Day,
Making progress….a few more weeks to go. A few pics of current pistil colors. Trichomes are turning cloudy with little/no amber yet. I’ve turned off the InfraRed lighting and I’m running 4 20-minutes sessions of UV per day. The Reservoirs still taking approximately .7 gallons of nutrients per day each.

Very uneven canopy, Zkitzz #2 has two colas growing into the lights at 6’ high. Doing my best to keep them away from the COB lights.

IMG_0952.jpeg
IMG_0941.jpeg

LA Peyote Kush maturing nicely and quickly.
IMG_0936.jpeg

Zkitzz #2 maturing slower than she is supposed to. She’s an 8 week flowering strain and this is week 7. She has weeks to go.
IMG_0940.jpeg

Zkitzz #1 maturing as quickly as she is supposed to….8 week goal
IMG_0951.jpeg

Beautiful...why not crush the main stems on them tall stalks and bend them over? Anything above the damage will explode with growth. Never to late to have your way with them..lol

Beautiful...why not crush the main stems on them tall stalks and bend them over? Anything above the damage will explode with growth. Never to late to have your way with them..lol

Thanks Greenmobster…..
So you’re saying that I can supercrop the two tall colas and they will survive? I have them attached to poles to hold them up, but I could easily bend them.

The ‘Andre the Giant’ plant gave me a chuckle. I think I will be in the same boat in a few months. I sprouted 2 different strains recently and in hindsight realized one is heavy indica and the other is whacky sativa. Supercropping for the win(in my case, I am planning on extreme LST). Always love checking out your grows. You are like the Alton Brown of growing. Science applied properly with adjustments based on experienced suggestions.

The ‘Andre the Giant’ plant gave me a chuckle. I think I will be in the same boat in a few months. I sprouted 2 different strains recently and in hindsight realized one is heavy indica and the other is whacky sativa. Supercropping for the win(in my case, I am planning on extreme LST). Always love checking out your grows. You are like the Alton Brown of growing. Science applied properly with adjustments based on experienced suggestions.

Thanks OldFogey. I guess I’ll be trying Supercropping tomorrow. Not sure what to expect, but it’s a worthwhile experiment at this late stage of the flowering stage. These girls really got away from me.

Happy Holidays MP members!
Today I scoped the trichomes, and I’m 1-2 weeks away on two of the three plants. One plant, the Zkitzz #2, is still not showing any brown pistils. I was going to supercrop her due to her extreme height (56”) and how she has grown into the LED lamp, but I feel like I’m too far into flower for this technique. I have two colas that are as tall as the LED.

I expect to harvest in 1-2 weeks for two of the three plants. There’s no telling when this last plant will finish, which isn’t ideal since I prefer to dry flowers in my tent for odor control.

LA Peyote Kush
IMG_1092.jpeg
2023-12-26-06-34-40-648.jpeg

Zkitzz #1
IMG_1091.jpeg
2023-12-26-06-34-44-449.jpeg

Zkitzz #2 won’t mature
IMG_1093.jpeg

I think I am reading this correctly. The ZKit2 is the tall one if I am not mistaken. That could be the sativa genes expressing themselves in the extreme. High percentage sativas can take a long time to mature(13-14 weeks got me once, could’ve gone longer but I chickened out and chopped even without amber trichs). If you can’t wait for it to amber up because you use your tent for odor control(I do the same thing), you can just chop everyone at the same time and have one plant that you smoke before you have a triathlon to run in😁. It isn’t a lousy thing to have some bud around that puts some pep in your step. Or maybe it will get in line and mature in the next week or 2. Nice work btw. The foxtailing on #2 is pretty slick. That can be from the sativa side or heat(and being closer to the LED’s could be triggering that) or both.

I think I am reading this correctly. The ZKit2 is the tall one if I am not mistaken. That could be the sativa genes expressing themselves in the extreme. High percentage sativas can take a long time to mature(13-14 weeks got me once, could’ve gone longer but I chickened out and chopped even without amber trichs). If you can’t wait for it to amber up because you use your tent for odor control(I do the same thing), you can just chop everyone at the same time and have one plant that you smoke before you have a triathlon to run in😁. It isn’t a lousy thing to have some bud around that puts some pep in your step. Or maybe it will get in line and mature in the next week or 2. Nice work btw. The foxtailing on #2 is pretty slick. That can be from the sativa side or heat(and being closer to the LED’s could be triggering that) or both.

Thank you OldFogey! You are correct, The Zkitzz#2 is the tall one and also the one that is maturing slowly. I never even considered the Sativa expression possibility. I’m not very knowledgeable about strains. This is exciting. I’ve never seen anything grow like this for me before. I had to go buy a taller tent because of this lady….(all 3 needed more height)

I was blaming my infrared lighting test for the added height. (I do think it added to my increased node spacing across all three plants)

I will figure out another drying method and see about letting the Sativa-leaning plant finish. I’m too curious to harvest her early, although I’m likely to test a sample to see what a little “pep in my step” feels like.

I’m off to figure out what to do about foxtailing. My tent temperatures are 77 or less, so I think it’s from being too close to the LEDs. Maybe I’ll turn down the LED intensity.

Thanks again for solving my question regarding her height. Much appreciated!

Thank you OldFogey! You are correct, The Zkitzz#2 is the tall one and also the one that is maturing slowly. I never even considered the Sativa expression possibility. I’m not very knowledgeable about strains. This is exciting. I’ve never seen anything grow like this for me before. I had to go buy a taller tent because of this lady….(all 3 needed more height)

I was blaming my infrared lighting test for the added height. (I do think it added to my increased node spacing across all three plants)

I will figure out another drying method and see about letting the Sativa-leaning plant finish. I’m too curious to harvest her early, although I’m likely to test a sample to see what a little “pep in my step” feels like.

I’m off to figure out what to do about foxtailing. My tent temperatures are 77 or less, so I think it’s from being too close to the LEDs. Maybe I’ll turn down the LED intensity.

Thanks again for solving my question regarding her height. Much appreciated!
I kinda like foxtailing. From the Thai plants I grew years ago, I would just roll a few up in a rolling paper and smoke it. No need to break them up and release terpenes into the air. Tasted great. 77 isn’t too warm but very close to the light source, could it be higher?

Since red light promotes stretching, I would think IR(by definition really red spectrum ‘light’) would do as much or more than visible red light. Sometimes I assume too much though…

Since I’ll be keeping the Sativa-leaning Zkitzz around longer than 8-9 weeks, I decided to do a flush since she was showing some burned leaf tips. First runoff measured at 4,150 ppm. Flushed with 10 gallons using FloraKleen until runoff was at 950. While removing her from the tent, I saw her top colas are very burned from the lights. I should have Supercropped earlier….lesson has been learned.

She’s a tall one! Here she is getting flushed….and photos of the top colas after being burned by the lights.
IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_0972.jpeg

Managed to raise the light by 2 inches, then Supercropped the two tallest colas. Preparing to go the distance with this flowering period even if it means 5-6 more weeks.

IMG_1100.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg

View attachment 349652
Sour Diesel, and Chocolate Skunk have both foxtailed on me in the past.

Thank you Flower! Interesting….i would have never assumed it could be strain driven. I’ll look at other bud sites with less light exposure and see if I see any foxtails. I measured my lighting and I was definitely running higher than recommended. I also think most of the foxtailing appears to be at the very top of the plants that are too close to the lights.

What I did find surprising in your lineage report is that there isn’t much Sativa in the mix….she doesn’t look like she has much reason to grow like a Sativa except for one “unknown strain”.

Latest posts

Back