growing for dumies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ty Budz!

looking around for a second light set up not sure if I want another 1k or a nice t5
leaning toward another 1k dimable ballast hps cooltube maybe don't know
not dimmable but
hxxp://www.amazon.com/Virtual-Sun-VS1000TRMS-000-Watt-System/dp/B004QDFPK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t
or
hxxp://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX1000DHMCT6-Digital-Dimmable-1000-Watt/dp/B005FNJ1ZW/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

what is the complete makeup of the medium you have your seedlings in?

To me from the pics the lil seedlings shouldn't being yellowing at the cotyledons (the embryonic primary leaves) yet in it's growth cycle.

they are in rapid rooters, surounded by perlite an coco in a 3" coco cup. al with good roots xtending from the coco cups as why moved to lager same mix pots. so basically same as my system that has those three test subjects. these are to go in that set up is the plan, was gonna wait to wee roots ou tthe pots should not take long

sunleaves coir cubes tripple rinsed porous, says encourages root groth
with sunleaves large perlite rinsed with 6.7 tap
hxxp://www.sunleaves.com/detail.asp?sku=SCC309
hxxp://www.sunleaves.com/detail.asp?sku=SCP940D
then it was all thrown together and... probably missed a step.
but have rooted a bunch of plants never seen any thing like this or the other mandela satoris that failed

:aok: cool was just wondering if that coco was prewashed or not. That can be a detriment to your plants if not thoroughly washed.

My seedlings are under T5s from the get go without any problems. I don't think that your problem is the light. I suspect your medium. I think that it is important to not transplant the rapid rooters into anything else until you have great root growth out the bottom.

yes THG they were all 1/2" ou tbottom now all have multiple coming out of the 3" coco pots had to go in the pots or ? how close do u get the light mine were like 3" maybe

ya as well as a down fall seeing it sucks up the cal mag, hush said you need to do at least 5ml per gal at first i think, still experimenting seeing c/m def if sprouts and system soooo

was gonna run hxxp://www.botanicare.com/KIND-Plant-Nutrient-System-P196C2.aspx
I gave them some Base and Grow last night and c/m looking better for sure

KIND BASE 4-0-0 + 5% Calcium

Kind Base is unique because it contains all of calcium without trace minerals, magnesium, or sulfur. By including all of the trace minerals in the Grow and Bloom formulas growers can effortlessly customize their calcium and nitrogen levels without affecting the balance of these essential elements. This revolutionary formula was designed to allow for maximum versatility throughout the grow cycle. Using Coco Coir or Reverse Osmosis water? Simply increase the base to increase your calcium levels. Kind is ideal for Coco Coir based media, RO Water, and plant types that require high levels of calcium and nitrogen. Using Clay Pebbles, Rockwool or have hard water where less calcium is needed? It’s as easy as reducing the amount of base you use. Simply manipulating the level of Kind Base allows you to precisely control the levels of both calcium and nitrogen to meet the specific needs of whatever Kind you grow.

KIND GROW 2-2-4

Kind Grow provides powerful minerals enhanced with a proprietary blend of all natural ingredients to maximize root growth, and sustain a lush healthy canopy. The combination of Kind Base and Grow provides the ideal nitrogen to potassium ratios for fast flowering annuals. Kind Grow is designed for the vegetative period of the growth cycle, but can be combined with Kind Bloom formula to meet the precise demands of your plant in any media, at any stage. This level of control is ground breaking and encourages maximum growth for any plant, in any environment, no matter what Kind you grow.

KIND BLOOM 0-6-6

Kind Bloom was formulated with an optimal phosphorous to potassium ratio to encourage healthy branch and stalk development, accelerate flower sets, and maximize crop yields. This ideal ratio provides higher potassium levels to increase biomass while amplified phosphorous levels promote flower initiation. Kind Bloom also includes an elevated level of magnesium which increases photosynthetic efficiency; critical for achieving optimum yields in accelerated growth environments.

Kind Bloom was developed specifically for fast growing annuals. Kind Bloom allows you the ability to increase the amount of potassium and phosphorous during peak flowering and ripening phases without additional boosters. Adjusting these ratios promotes maximum fruit swelling, yield, and quality. This is easily accomplished by simply increasing the Bloom, and lowering Kind Base which limits the amount of nitrogen available without compromising trace minerals or magnesium. Kind Bloom provides the complete nutrition your plants require to maximize both yield and quality.

lil babies look like they are getting better, minor issues in tent atm with insects and under feeding I think, temps and /rh been perfect

5'7"x5x7"x7'x6"h size tent what speed do i need a 435 cfm fan to run at to exchange the air with out over exchanging or unnecessarily wasting elc

pics in a bit when sun comes out ;)

You tried neem oil for your insect problems? It's a great organic insecticide & it's affordable.

na me or the mantis eat them it;s ok ;)

thinned the under canopy last night, was sure to not taek to much from each just what looked like it had to go.

sprouts are almost touching the t5 all look better been top feeding them 5.8 not sure of ppm but they are on a run all have 2nd and 3rd sets of leaves popping.

clones in hydro system still looking real cal or mag def real red stems and stalks only on 2 plants 3rd is fine but is smallest.

tried to get tent pics, to hard with that hps on things are shooting up all around.

Critical Cheese auto is looking way better has about 4 sets of leaves now also getting same water/feeding as the sprouts

7greeneyes said:
what is the complete makeup of the medium you have your seedlings in?

To me from the pics the lil seedlings shouldn't being yellowing at the cotyledons (the embryonic primary leaves) yet in it's growth cycle.

they have returned to green mostly as are the crit cheese lowest leaves.

the 5 satori and the other cheese are 2" with lots of sets of leaves now, will try to get pics, camera was dead last night

also threw 3 Auto #1 in rapid rooters yesterday, real worried about running all the satori in the hydro rather then dirt, but with all the folks on here i should be fine.

still debating setting up second tent or try to veg out the stuff in the area they are in ...

So tent is in week 3 finished all under canopy clearing last night can see clear thru the tent when crouched down. canopy still @ 48" lil more from floor light is 10-12" from canopy and buds are exxxploding already getting covered with trics i was more under then up top but i need to find camera today try to get some good pics right at light on b4 it intensifies.

the 5 satori and Deep cheese fem are all in sites, res just changed ready to run.

DSCF7235.JPG

Hey just saw your post in another thread......regarding your PM.....you def DO NOT want ozone in abundance in your home....I would advise against venting that into your HVAC system. Ozone is fantastic as an air scrubber in small doses...but too much can be very harmful to humans.

We commonly sell O3 air cleaners as part of our business, but it is regulated and such. As far as PPM goes...OSHA's standard is less than .1 ppm.

At around 8-10ppm is where you will be in serious trouble.

ya one i got came with all that info, its rated for a 2k sq area 10 mins on 10 mins off unless it was put on a timer easily could be. just gonna be hard for my to vent hot exhaust anywhere but in the basment or into the hvac as will not be able to use that due to using the furnace.

so options are really to intake hvac heated to occupancy thermo temp and xhaust into the 2k sq basement with a window open a bit using the o3 and carbon

Can you just run a 6" supply duct right off your A/C trunk and have that blast cold air into your room? It will slightly raise the humidity (<5% RH) but will cool the tent significantly. Install a manual damper...so that when heating season comes around, you arent blowing hot air in.

Isnt air in more important than air out? (Im asking lol)

Just remember, of course, this will also increase your energy bill due...and may decrease the cooling ability in other areas of your home.

You want total exchange of the air in the space every 30 seconds, if possible. Are out and air in are just as important as you want to get the oxygen out and CO2 in.

And watch increase in humidity, especially if you're battling pm. Low rh is much more desirable than high rh. Rh gets to high and the leaves can't transpire, which will also cause ph and lock out issues.

Latest posts

Back