growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bad news, this winter started early with persistent cold that is not breaking, and it is taking such a heavy toll on this current flowering season, it is the worst that i have grown in a while, the plants don't have a lot of trouble signs, some minor spotting on few leaves, but the buds are tiny considering that they have been in 12/12 for 35 days now. thermometer is reading 12C i have grown in this season every year with little problems, it could even go lower but it was never so persistent it had been like that for the entire of December and only gotten worse the last week. i have no means to heat my growroom other than the growlights, i should have probably decreased the air exchange, i guess it is too late for that... the vegging plants are doing better, Satoris are huge, i spotted 1/3 that is male and i am 90% sure that 1/3 is female, I will definitely take some pollen and make some reserve seeds next flowering run. clones have rooted like 60% so far. I wil see what comes out of this and already getting prepared for the next flowering run.

Hang in there Zem, things will begin to look up soon brother.

Thanks Kraven and WeedHopper, I have a lot that compensates for my current grow, the mj Gods have a thing for me, they keep me happy. something tells me loudly that i will get over this slump ;)

things are great today as they were yesterday! the damage to this grow is done and is ongoing as long as this weather persists, but that is exactly why i am saying that mj Gods are generous to me, because i, by mere chance, actually it was a voice in my head, yes i am sure it was, like a mind control thing, like i was doing what i did involuntarily because the Gods knew that this cold was coming... you know like the story of the prophet who was told by God that a drought is coming and he started saving grain? you think i am going crazy but the voice in my head is telling me not to reveal the exact thing that i did yet so i am sorry for being vague... bottom line is that this grow suffering will not affect my jars :D yay!

The cannabis gods should be good to you. Greenest of mojo zem! Glad to see you working the grow.

Reactions: zem
do tell por favor!?

soon enough, i am not sure if it is a good idea to tell now, not being sure makes me want to wait until i feel it is right. better safe than sorry ;)

the grow is progressing, 2 satoris showed sex a male and a female, the hugest one seems stubborn not showing a thing... The delahaze and critical seeds have also picked up very well. with the size of the satoris this normally large veg space, seems too tight for 5 plants. Clones are still rooting i only have a few not rooted so i have more than what i want already. the flowers are still much smaller than normally, i am not giving it much attention, just waiting on it, changed the res 3 days ago or so

My current flowering is 62 days in, it is in fact embarrassing, i did not care to take pics. I did not think that this could happen to me NOW! In terms of results, this has to be 2nd worst yield that i got after my 1st ever grow 13 years back lol The one reason for this is the constant cold, it has been at 12 degrees celcius for 2 months + and it never broke, I would go check on ph ppm and plant health, everything would be looking green, just that the buds were not developing, then more cold would come and it just got worse, ending up with tiny buds that will mostly be used in cooking i guess.
Just after i thought that i had all environmental factors under my control after years of growing, something totally beyond my plans comes and i only could hope. room is not setup with any heating, and to set it up it would have been very hard actually impossible for me to use at least a kilowatt or 2 to heat my grow, propane is out of the question... I grew year after year in those seasons, cold would hit for days sometimes temps going down to much lower but it would eventually break, unlike this year. I do not need buds right now because i have plenty which is why i am not sad at all from this, on the contrary, i am being positive and use this as a big learning opportunity, never to get cocky, mother nature is millions of years old, my experience is only a decade + .
Now I will have to make new plans for the growroom, i will get the dwc back into my grow, will be switching every winter from flood/drain to dwc use a water heater, this helps a lot, it was the way i used to do it in the early days, but then, years of successful yields in f&d setups in winters because of the forgiving temps, made me put the dwc aside. i will also work on better insulation as i have 1 exposed cement wall that is helping in transferring cold to the inside. I thought to share this lesson with you, hope it helps anyone to avoid doing my mistakes...
On the bright side now, i have some great vegging Satoris delahaze and critical that are waiting their transplant any time now :D they were in f&d so will have to stay in that but i will extend my vegging period a little bit, the cold has to break in the coming weeks

Wow zem, we never quit learning huh. Mother nature is something to deal with isn't she?I l like your attitude.. keep on keeping on.

Hey everyone :) thought i'd share what's growing on here, 3 plants flowering Delahaze (paradise), Satori, and Critical. so far i am surprised to find that the Critical is slightly outperforming Delahaze and both are outperforming Satori in terms of bud growth but i am still a long way to tell anything really. These pics were taken about 5 days ago so there is some significant growth since then.

View attachment 20160316_184624.jpg

View attachment 20160316_184607.jpg

View attachment 20160316_184630.jpg

Ewww Delahaze is really showing its jaws now :D I didn't take a recent pic i checked on them fast but i could see that Delahaze is outperforming the others, it looks awesome, and Satori is looking better too seems like it needs more time, and only time will tell. What i can say for now, is that Delahaze from paradise looks like a rock star.

i had begun this with 7 plants flowering early and kept small under 400w. i was out of weed so i already smoked up 3 plants that were harvested gradually and immaturely and 4 William's Wonder are left now at day 60 in flowering. the other side under 2nd 400w, i have 2 William's Wonder and 1 Blue Frost that were vegged and are in their first week 12/12. I expect them to be hard to keep contained when they will stretch because they are large already, but a screen should keep them in control. I gave each one of the 3 a large growbag which i stapled from top, laid on its side and filled with growrock, this provided a large root volume. i will now go and begin chopping some more bud as i am out and i want a good smoke :D
Yeah growing and smoking in your backyard...:vap-Bong_smoker: Thats kool, :headbang2:
but which plant are you growing in your backyard. Well if you really want something kool, I suggest go for Purple Kush:fly:, Beautiful taste and a harmonic aroma.
Smoke anytime, you will be pleased every-time.

Thanks Sin I am glad that you like them

pretty coloring zem.. and I would "happily wait" for satori too.. Mojo for the finish zem.. nice work.

Latest posts

Back