Hamster Lewis' "Next stop Dankville" Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hampster, When do you START feeding your plants? Everything I read says to leave them alone for the first couple of weeks, but I have a feeling you do it YOUR way. When should I give these potiential killer plants a little GH floraGro? Advise it very welcome.

HemperFi said:
Hampster, When do you START feeding your plants? Everything I read says to leave them alone for the first couple of weeks, but I have a feeling you do it YOUR way. When should I give these potiential killer plants a little GH floraGro? Advise it very welcome.

Most times I go about three weeks before feeding but some hve needed a light feed earlier. You can usually tell by the new growth if the plant is hungry. I start seeing a lighter shade of green and I start light feed.

I do see some light green, but they are just a few days old. I will leave them alone for now.

I just bought a tent off ebay. 122.95 48x48x79 --free shipping. The same tent (or one like it) is at HTG for 185.00 -- I feel good -- an exhaust fan and filter set up and I believe I'm right. I can't seem to be able to put pics in here -- don't know why -- but I CAN send pics through e-mail, and if anyone wants to see them they can PM me with an addy and I will send them -- I would like someone to look at the soil and the one ALIEN looking plant and advise me -- peace

HemperFi said:
I do see some light green, but they are just a few days old. I will leave them alone for now.

I just bought a tent off ebay. 122.95 48x48x79 --free shipping. The same tent (or one like it) is at HTG for 185.00 -- I feel good -- an exhaust fan and filter set up and I believe I'm right. I can't seem to be able to put pics in here -- don't know why -- but I CAN send pics through e-mail, and if anyone wants to see them they can PM me with an addy and I will send them -- I would like someone to look at the soil and the one ALIEN looking plant and advise me -- peace

Okay well we need to get you right as far as posting pics bro...let me see if I can draw up any easy to follow DIY on posting pics.

I sure would appreciate that Hammy -- Try to find one for dummies :)

I THINK I got it --

100_0265.JPG

100_0298-1.JPG

100_0291.JPG

100_0293-1.JPG

Sweet you did it....now you just gotta get it down pat. It gets to be second nature the more you do it.

hey hamster lewis. maybe you dont remember me but we started growing around the same time and we used to share progress over the forums here. glad to see your still in the game and everything is well. take care lewis

thedonofchronic said:
hey hamster lewis. maybe you dont remember me but we started growing around the same time and we used to share progress over the forums here. glad to see your still in the game and everything is well. take care lewis

Bro of course I remember you...how the helll are you? I have not heard from swift in a long long time either. The good old days...:) You still growing?

well ive since picked up a career in law enforcement so its kind of colliding with my old hobby of cultivating / smoking.. ive got a few diff. kinds of seeds at home but am waiting until the day i have a full spare bedroom to start growing again, i cant wait. im sure things have changed since i left. i bet LEDs are used alot more now, maybe not.
yeah i havnt heard from any of the old guys so i just had to pop in and drop a line!

thedonofchronic said:
well ive since picked up a career in law enforcement so its kind of colliding with my old hobby of cultivating / smoking.. ive got a few diff. kinds of seeds at home but am waiting until the day i have a full spare bedroom to start growing again, i cant wait. im sure things have changed since i left. i bet LEDs are used alot more now, maybe not.
yeah i havnt heard from any of the old guys so i just had to pop in and drop a line!

Good luck with your new career bro.....I have smoked with cool cop friends before. Let's hope your two worlds don't collide.

UPDATE 9-8-2011

So I setup the 4x4x6.5 flower tent today....2 Larry OG and a Pre98 Bubba are sitting under the 600w in the cool tube for now. Doing a temp/humidity run right now to make sure things are at acceptable levels.

Didn't go vert this run...wld be a lil cramped and I didn't think I wld be utilizing the light enough.

Plan is to flip the 3 moms after I transplant to 0ne gallon Smart Pots. Then add mature females from seed as we go. The moms will all be replaced by fresh clones. Pics in a few.

Okay so a quick look at where we are at:

The 3 in the tent....SANY0001.jpg SANY0004.jpg

The Filter won't get hooked up till they start to reek.....:)

The Bubble Cloner......SANY0006.jpg SANY0007.jpg SANY0008.jpg SANY0009.jpg

Getting some good root action now.....

The Grow Room....SANY0011.jpg SANY0013.jpg

Don't mind the mess....:)

Cool cat dude! Setup looks great, I've got a homebox that I've never started up, how you finding your grow tent? Happy with it?

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Thats just what i want my extra bedroom to look like.... :hubba: :48:

Yeah the wife has been very cool about me taking over the spare bedroom.:)

This is as empty as you will ever see this flower tent....:p Usually it is packed to the max.:D

vic777 said:
Cool cat dude! Setup looks great, I've got a homebox that I've never started up, how you finding your grow tent? Happy with it?

Thanks brosef.....I will try not to gush too much over my tents...lol

For me they make growing possible. I don't hve any spare closets to convert so getting a cpl tents was mandatory if I wanted to do this.

If you hve one and are not using it I wld gve it a try....they really make it easier to grow.

I bought all three of my tents of Ebay....researched the sellers before buying. 99 bucks each shipped for the two 2x4x5's and 129 shipped for the 4x4x6.5.

Good prices!

I love the fact that you can pop them into a spare room and that they are unobtrusive (lol, kind-of)

Quick question, you vent out of your tent, how do you vent your room or do you just leave the door open?

Latest posts

Back