harvesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
I was wandering what it means when the cola is less ripe than the plant is on the bottom. Trichs are mostly clear at top and amber toward bottom. Do i risk over-ripening of the lower half of plant waiting for trichs to mature on the top?

Hey there hemp319!

If your plant is doing well, it will continue to produce trichomes. If the majority of the areas you check are at the percentages you are looking for, then harvest time is here.

The question is, does it have a lot more growing to do. Some of the early trichs on the plant are going to turn brown. I always look at the overall progress and harvest in sections (selective harvesting).

Hope this helps!

I do the same as BBfan...harvest in sections. My Afghani #1 was notorious for finishing from the bottom up...top cola always being the last to harvest. I know it seems backward but some plants grow this way. just harvest buds as the trichs get to the ratios you like. if the bottoms are done, the top is not far behind.

Latest posts

Back