hello (again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwpete

Reaction score
Just another lost boy scout :D I signed up back in Sept. but didn't post too much. I did read (learned) almost daily and definitely missed it while it was down.

Sorry to hear about the forum problems, I help run a local VW enthusiast site and am all to familiar with vbulletin and database issues. Not fun, thank you for your time and hard work admin and mods.

Little about me-
Upstate NY'er in my early 30's, been smoking since 16 and mostly daily since 18. Love to play in the garage, mostly with stupid VW's that eat up a lot of my time and money. Can you tell its a love hate thing? It's good to have hobbies though, and this one fills a void for me, gives me a sense of accomplishment. Much like growing now does, so I presume I might be doing less of the former in the future :p

Last year I was laid off, money got tight and I had to make some sacrifices, things like beer and weed take a quick back seat to eating and paying bills. I decided to try and grow my own and literally pieced together my grow setup one CFL at a time haha. I did a ton of reading and research and am thankful to have found this site.

Recently completed my first grow and currently have my second in the works thanks to a successful batch of clones/clippings :cool: I am still growing under a mix of CFL's and T8's, but am actively on the hunt for an HPS. Debating on a single 400 or dual 250's. My closet is a little over 4'x2' and I plan on modifying the door to exhaust out. I think the 400W will suit my needs nicely, but like the idea of having dual 250's incase one ever fails. Not to mention I could just run one when I am only flowering one plant. But that is something I should prolly start a thread in the lighting/grow room section.

Anyway, nice to be (back) here. Thanks to everyone who makes this place what it is!

Sorry about the lay off pete. Times dont seem to be getting any easier for people atm.
Nice hobby. When I was in service coming home from Nam. We had a few days stop in Germany. Which a guy with me, only thing he did was run out and buy a VW there cause they had Porsche motors in them at the time. He had a passion for VWs too. Awesome little car. Finish the quarter in under 15 stock basically. She was quick.
Then In college my roommate bought a VW Thing. I still want one of those. Loved it for some reason. Ugly, but rode like a tank, max speed was about 50mph.
Good luck with things.

welcome back VW.

i love a VW bug, rail buggy, thing and buses. been try to buy a VW duggy from my brother inlaw for about 15 years.

i'd go with dual light's if it were me just because of the coverage you would get based on a single 400watt. jmo good luck

Latest posts

Back