Hello my stem broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
this morning i went to take a peak at my plants and saw one of the top buds fallen over about five inches from the top its still attached to the plat with the outer ski of the stem but now i am wondering should i clip it before that part of the plant dies and takes its buds with it, and i am felling really insucure about when i should harvest so can anyone give a tell tale sign as to when a plant should be harvested my plants are a few days over 8 weeks in 12/12 or 58 days in 12/12 . or am i just perinoid about over flowering the plants and turning them into all med and no high plants

What better way to taste test it!! cut the broke part off and torch it!:hubba: :clap:

sounds to me its time to harvest. if i could see it, or know what type it is, i could possibly give more info.

If its too your liking trich wise..take the top half and let the lower half go another week or so:aok:

take care and be safe

wow man sorry to hear what happen to you lady . but what happen you just woke up and it was like that

thats is what happened they were fine yesterday and this morning a break in the stem the stem that broke has a bud the almost the whole leagh of it about an inch wide or close it i think it was to heavy for the stem

lovedenugs i don't know the strain i was told it is a sative, but thats all i know

i decided to go ahead and clip that broken stem the buds on it are sticky, i put it to cure by hanging it in my closet does anyone know if there is a better way to cure it? i am itching to taste it.

If you really want to get the most out of the potency ripening then get a 30x or stronger magnifying lense or jewelers loupe(yoiu can get them on ebay, amazon, discount hydro) You then need to start looking at the leaves around 7 weeks for indica dominant and 8weeks for sativa dominant. You should see the trichs looking mostly clear with maybe a few looking more cloudy, milky.

Then check them every 3 days so that you get the hang of seeing the transformation to all milky with some amber trichs coming in. Once you have done this one time, you will know what to look for the next time.

You can also watch the white hairs on the upper-most buds. when most of them have turned brown with very few new hairs popping up, then its time to take a good look at the trichs. If you like a more heady high then take them when you have mostly cloudy trichs with little to no amber trichs. If you want more body stone then you want to let them continue until you get 100% cloudy with a lot of amber trichs.

This process also varies with different strains. Some strains that are bread to be heady will not develop much amber without letting them go a lot longer, while other strains that are more body stone will develop the amber trichs much faster. Then there are strains that are everywhere in between the two extreemes. I have a strain now (pineapple chunk) that is supposed to be an 8-9week strain, and is a very clear heady high. But mine right now is at 9weeks (flawless grow) and still is only at 50% cloudy. I am hoping by next weekend it will be close to 100% cloudy so that I can pull it as I have some MKultra waiting to flower. :)

it does matter very much now if only someone would install word spell on this site so people like me can learn to spell correct, I need to put this in the suggestion box.

Hmmm.... with all due respect, this is a Marijuana grow site. Not an online English course. If you want to learn English, we have places for that too. Its called school. A person has to be able to express themselves in this world or you are flat out behind. I am sorry.

JLJ I did not know that a simple tool like spell check and a suggestion would be such a big deal. can i ask why does it offend you, or as you put it makes you sorry? i think it would be a good idea cause some of the people on this site including myself at times forget how to spell or just plain don't remember it does not mean that we did not go to school. and remember it is just a suggestion.:D

Skullcandy, I applaud your desire to become a better speller and writer. My mother was an English teacher, so all that stuff was drilled into us at an early age. I use Foxfire and it underlines words that are misspelled. Of course, this does not help with grammar or punctuation (lol I misspelled punctuation at first), but it is a start.

Sativas will generally take longer than 8 weeks--actually even an indica usually takes 8 weeks or more. However, there is nothing like a taste test when you have a mishap like you did. I recommend checking the trichs like Hushpuppy mentioned. I'm not sure I have actually known anyone who has waited too long to harvest.

Its all good. In the message box it will underline in red the misspellings. If you right click the word it will show you several of spellings that are close to what you spelled incorrectly. Then, just click on the one that looks right and it will insert it into the message where you have the wrong spelled word. At least i think that feature is from this site and not my PC. I am not perfect in my stuff either. It just helps to be able to understand what is written, without a Babblefish translation !! Thank you for trying.

Latest posts

Back