Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWB

Reaction score
Hi;

I'm just about to start a new ebb and flow hydro project.

I did one about 25 years ago that worked well. After reading some posts here I can see that the basics are still the same but there have been a few improvements over the years.

CWB said:
Hi;

I'm just about to start a new ebb and flow hydro project.

I did one about 25 years ago that worked well. After reading some posts here I can see that the basics are still the same but there have been a few improvements over the years.

Good to meetcha, CWB. I hope you enjoy our place!

I use nothing but Ebb and Flow. I've tried a lot of methods, and it's the most effective one I've used.

General Hydroponics sells a really good nute mix named "Flora Series" nutes. It's a three part mix that you mix according to what part of the grow you're in. It's been my favorite for some time.

Good luck to you man!

Hi;

I read your article about the DYI ebb and flow system. There was a device we used called an irrigation indexing valve.This allowed us to use a smaller reservoir.

http://www.krain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=indexingVlvs.4000series

It switches to a new circuit every time the pump starts. Instead of a reservoir that is twice the capacity of all the grow chambers, it only has to be twice the size of one. This does mean that the nutrients are depleted more quickly. We changed our water 3 to 4 times per crop.

On a small system it might not be worthwhile, but for larger systems the indexing valve can be an advantage because it doesn't require a resevoir the size of a swimming pool.

CWB said:
There was a device we used called an irrigation indexing valve. This allowed us to use a smaller reservoir.

Yes, I'm familiar with them. A member of my family owns an injection molding company that makes one of them. Hehe, I still have a bunch of them in boxes somewhere.

I keep my system as it is for simplicity. It never needs the nutrient changed. My reservoir holds 18 gallons. The refill of a gallon a day keeps the nutrient levels as they should be without adjustment and the pH stays perfect with the use of pH buffered nutes.

I have thought about buying the nutrient mixing system that is made in Holland to refill automatically in each system and valve it to multiple systems, but I'm still enmeshed in refining the continuous harvest system I'm working on now.

If you read my Snow White thread, you'll learn about the system I'm developing. It was originally a 2 ounce each 15 days system, but I've brought it along to my next step of using the same amount of lights and area, but more tubs. My next attempt will be to harvest 4 ounces every 10 days from a 3.5 x 5.5 area. Each 4 ounces can be two different strains, so with a cycle of 50 days, I can have 10 strains in work at any given time.

I'm having fun with this one. I have a slight nutrient problem to resolve, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Good luck to you man. I look forward to hearing about you having a grow going. There are far too few hydro people here. It's good to have you in the group.

Welcome to MP. Hope to see ya around the forum.

Latest posts

Back