Help Needed, Reward Offered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok no need in name calling. I’ve read that someone on every pot forum has this question so let’s just treat this as any other problem that we would have. Do you have pictures we can see of your plants and their trichomes? I had one strain that took forever to turn. The sugar leaves were dying quick the plant was super ugly at the end but it finally turned. I trimmed those ugly leaves off and the buds were excellent and beautiful too. Maybe you are just not waiting long enough. I always get impatient at the end and figure if I come here they will always say two more weeks which is most of the time true. Good luck with your problem. If you discover anything new, let us know ✌️

Ok no need in name calling. I’ve read that someone on every pot forum has this question so let’s just treat this as any other problem that we would have. Do you have pictures we can see of your plants and their trichomes? I had one strain that took forever to turn. The sugar leaves were dying quick the plant was super ugly at the end but it finally turned. I trimmed those ugly leaves off and the buds were excellent and beautiful too. Maybe you are just not waiting long enough. I always get impatient at the end and figure if I come here they will always say two more weeks which is most of the time true. Good luck with your problem. If you discover anything new, let us know ✌️
I fixed my comment. Thank you.

lets see , i first smoked weed in 1963 and ive never heard of a plant that would not eventually have amber trichomes…that includes some 30+ weeks Vietnamese weed
The strain I had of Black Vietnamese took forever to flower. 28 weeks was nothing. Cross bred it with Northern lights and tossed any female that didn't flower in 22 weeks and finally got a strain that would flower in14, but much better in 16-17. Kick ass weed, but really not worth the hassle. I took the moms that were five foot tall and set them out in the spring. Big yielders come fall.

The strain I had of Black Vietnamese took forever to flower. 28 weeks was nothing. Cross bred it with Northern lights and tossed any female that didn't flower in 22 weeks and finally got a strain that would flower in14, but much better in 16-17. Kick ass weed, but really not worth the hassle. I took the moms that were five foot tall and set them out in the spring. Big yielders come fall.

my last run with those beasts were some DiWi Dalat Vietnamese Black….it took over the grow room

i love the smoke but not the hassle , i can dream of living in a climate like Columbia eh

I hear ya. I've got those Acapulco gold seeds I won in the contest, and I'll be popping them sometime in February. Hope it's something like the original stuff.

I'm in KY, an illegal state. No one knows I grow except my spouse.
That’s a good way to keep it too even in a legal state. You could show us your plants tho. Maybe someone would pick up on something. A good way to get help when you are growing stealth is here on the passion

same here

i am stumpified , mystified , and unsatisfied

something aint adding up here and i am trying to connect the dots

- lights ok………check

- medium ok…….check

- temps humidity ok…….check

- nutrients ok………check

- Ph ok………..check

and it aint the seeds….it is not the seeds because the op said it happens on every strain he grows

another question:

how many other grows have done this?

another question:

have you ever had a grow with plants that did have amber trichomes?

and that will usher in another round of questions

like i said , things aint adding up
I am not to going to say how many unsuccessful grows I've had because that would expose me as being the worst grower in the history of growing. But I have not had a successful grow since I have been growing, so it's been going on awhile.

I feel fairly proficient at growing because I've been doing this for some time and the entire process from seed to harvest is mostly problem free and uneventful. The problem is a lack of potency, easily explained by looking at the trichomes which have not turned cloudy.

You mention amber trichomes - I think unlikely to see many ambers unless you have cloudy trichomes that are allowed to degrade to amber. I did see a few, but the lack of cloudy trichomes is the problem.

I'm wondering if TPS Signal would help.

That’s a good way to keep it too even in a legal state. You could show us your plants tho. Maybe someone would pick up on something. A good way to get help when you are growing stealth is here on the passion
I'm at first day of flower in new grow.

Someone suggested I start taking photos around week 7 for people on the forum to view.

I'm at first day of flower in new grow.

Someone suggested I start taking photos around week 7 for people on the forum to view.
Start taking them now. Folks here have seen things on my plants that I never saw when I posted what I thought was my beautiful grow. I remember like it was yesterday “what are those white spots” they said. I never want to hear those words again… nevertheless I learned a lot by posting my grow. Maybe you can start a grow journal and post a grow update now and then. You would be surprised how much you will refer back to it as well as what you will learn from other growers that have had the same experiences.

So no matter what strain you grow they never change from clear to cloudy? I'd say time is your issue regardless of what strain you are growing you will have to wait until the trichomes change. If they are not ripening how do you know you're not harvesting early? Some strains take longer than others. If it's not ready at 70 days let it keep growing. What do you have to lose by giving your plants more time to ripen? Pictures would help us a lot. Is there a reason you can't show pictures of the plants themselves? Id bet good money you are harvesting to early.
When the pistils are 90% done and there are no green leaves, the plant cannot perform photosynthesis. So, if a plant is in this condition at 70 days, all you can do is harvest.

Latest posts

Back