Help with pump size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exarmy

Reaction score
Hey guys I went to wal mart last night and found these really badass sterilite bins that Im going to make my hydro setup with. They measure 16" wide 36" long and 6.5 in deep. (ps they were only $5) So I got 6 of them and im wanting to put them on a two week harvest system. with 0 to 2week veg

So my first question is how many clones would you put in them......If i go with 6in cubes thats only 10 per tray. And If i go with just the starter blocks i could get the 16 i was hopeing for. But I bet if I went with 10 and a two week veg from root would make up for the plant loss. Im hopeing for 1.5-2lbs every harvest to give you an idea of my goals. Lights wont be an issue I have 2-1000k and 2-400's. Im just tring to design this.

2 what pump would you run for the 2 tables. I was thinking about 396's but i was afraid they may not be enough to flood the 2 tables 36" above the floor.

Thanks guys

1. How many gallons are they it should say?
2. Are they clear or colored and if so what color?

As far as clones that is up to you 6,12,30 doesn't really mater because clones will not get big, but if your trying to flower them in the same system that will not work.

Answer these question for me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Sorry its takin me so long to get back to you. Ive been busy im moving on friday to a different state.

They are presently clear with green lids.....but i will light proofing them

they say they are 41qt containers but im not sure if that filled to the brim so lets call them 35qts to be safe. My rez will be 35gall sterilite bins filled with 20gallons of nute/ro. I have a constant read hanna ph/ppm/ec/temp meter for one of them, and another hanna pen for the others. 2400w of hps. 4 mothers 3 pure afgani/indica's and 1 hybrid indica sat. I have 4,6,8in can fans for vent. I have 3 950 L/phr air pumps for the rez's. and a buch of misc crap.

I did find that I can fit 20 2lts coke bottles per table which would make a drip system super easy useing a single piece of pvc pipe and 20 drip lines comeing off it......but i dont think a 300-500gph pumps would work for that.

Why would flowering in them not work? If you clone them and flower w/o a veg you can grow in a very tight sea of green method, And i will be harvesting 2 trays every three weeks. And I was hopeing to get 2lbs or so every harvest of 32 plants

man that 20 bottle drrip system you call simple is like the hardest thing you can think of. why do you need drippers with dwc? :confused: IMO you need to think of a simplistic approach, so you got your buckets already you need to make them a drain hole from bottom then place bubblers and run them, you would need to top them every few days or you can use a control res to do that for you

Man, that's a lot of work for me. LOL Well you could go with 5 gallon black buckets with black pre-made lids or make the lids your self. It would be easier to just buy the black 5 gallons that way you can control each plant. I know what I am talking about here I use Rubermaids and its a pain to control more then two plants sometimes. Money is really tight and I will have to wait a few more month then I will have my buckets and lids. DWC is works for me one or two air stone and air pump good to go.

Latest posts

Back