Help !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzby

Reaction score
Hi every one, I am new 2 this site, and new 2 growing! I have a plant that is 3-4 wks old and don't know how 2 prune it, the pics on the welcome newbies thread, I couldn't see the pics 4 sum reason, anyway I cut all 4 of my big leaves off 2day, Yikes :( Now it looks like a stick with a few small leaves coming out, I got a pic of it b4 i pruned it my way, omg i need help, if anyone would im me i can send u the pic of this guinia pig plant My aim name is: lnd121107 and my yahoo name is: Imsodamfly, i am working on putting a pic in my profile of this plant, but have 2 download Picasso 2 do it and w/dialup it's so slow so anyone that wouldn't mind helping me it would be highly appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Who in the heck told you to cut the leaves off??
That plant needs those leaves.
It may grow some new ones.
Or you may have to start over.

Okay, you are new to growing. You have probably heard that guy you know(Or thought you knew)talking about all the superbud that he supposedly grew and how he did it.
Oh yeah and blacklights-you need blacklights-and you need to add aspirin to the water and blah-blah-blah and laddy datty dah.

If you are new, start looking at and reading the grow guides and grow journals.
Take some time to soak it in.
Believe me-right now I am glad I did.
The plant might make it-or not.
If you have cut all the leaves off I'd say start over-but thats me.
oh yeah-
:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

i just cut off the big leaves not all the lil ones where the buds come from lol i think it will make it if not i got 6 more, like i said i am new lmao:eek:

I would not recommend cutting the leaves off your plant, they need them to convert light into energy to grow. Now your plant will slow down in growth. When your plant starts branching then you can pinch the tops to make it bush, But do not cut off the leaves.

buzzby said:
i just cut off the big leaves not all the lil ones where the buds come from lol i think it will make it if not i got 6 more, like i said i am new lmao:eek:

i did the same thing my first grow :giggle:
she will carry on growing willl be sad for a few days or so tho :rolleyes:

well now you know not to cut fan leaves off ,:peace:

Welcome to the community. Hopefully we can help with any info you need.

buzzby said:

The chances sound better for it now.
I had some leaves on one of mine that turned brown due to waterlogging.
I did snip them off once they got crispy.
But thats the only time I ever cut a leaf.

You can cut the stem to make the plant spread out-Called "topping".
There is a thread on this in the forum.

Good luck and keep it green.

Gb

buzzby said:

The big leaves are Fan leaves and they are like solar panels. The plant cant live without them. You need to do some serious reading. Meantime, I suggest you stop hacking up your plants. Pruning is for folks who know what they're doing.

Lass

To those who helped me Thanks but to those like Lasschance who left a smart *** reply why don't u give me a picture with details on how to prune since u said pruning is for people who know what they are doing!!!!!:ignore:

geeze buzzby pull another cap brother, I didnt see a smartass reply in Lasschance post, It was actually good advice,remember you did state you were a new grower,I agree until you get some experience and read some fantastic posts here dont cut anything off:48:

Ok my plant that i cut the leaves off of, lol, it's about 16 inches tall, how much of the top do i cut off, i will do it now or after it is doing a lil better, i looked at it and it is doing good, looks a lil like a stick w/small leaves budding out but, i need to know how much to cut off of the top of the stem, any help will be highly appreciated, Thanks

Ricko said:
geeze buzzby pull another cap brother, I didnt see a smartass reply in Lasschance post, It was actually good advice,remember you did state you were a new grower,I agree until you get some experience and read some fantastic posts here dont cut anything off:48:
I am not a brother, lol i thought it was a smart *** reply myself, geeze don't have nothing to do w/it, he said i need to do some serious reading, and quit hacking my plants and pruning is for people who know what they r doing!!! I grew some killer *** bud in 2001 in South Carolina and didn't even have to prune, only picked off a few leaves from the bottom in it's 1st month of veg. and this bud had purple & red hairs and lil crystal drippings all over it with some huge buds, tight and beautiful, lol this site has got me wanting to prune, lol u got to learn sumwhere and i have been reading but the newbie forum has detailed pics on pruning but 4 sum reason i can't open them 2 see the pics, so until i ask ?'s i will never learn, it's not like i didn't read before i asked the ? But anyway 2 each his own!!:p

buzzby said:
Ok my plant that i cut the leaves off of, lol, it's about 16 inches tall, how much of the top do i cut off, i will do it now or after it is doing a lil better, i looked at it and it is doing good, looks a lil like a stick w/small leaves budding out but, i need to know how much to cut off of the top of the stem, any help will be highly appreciated, Thanks

If you've already tortured her by "hacking"..;) off the leaves, "I"... wouldn't top her now, TOO. Give her a chance to recover a li'l bit, Recoup from the shock. Before inducing more stress... IMO.
I grew some killer *** bud in 2001 in South Carolina and didn't even have to prune,
Well then didn't you learn from that?...:p What made you think removing all the fan leaves was a 'good' idea, this time?..:hubba:

anyway I cut all 4 of my big leaves off 2day,......Ok my plant that i cut the leaves off of, lol, it's about 16 inches tall,
only two nodes on 16 inches??.... sounds like more problems than pruning.

Tell these guys more about your setup, lights, medium, ect. They're a good bunch and waaay willing to help you out...."if" you don't piss 'em off...")
There should be a sticky at the top of the "INDOOR" forum/area with a guide to asking for help. Coveriing most of the "need to know's" so they can help you.

If you want to top your plant cut the very tip off leaving some of the growth on the top. The link that Geezer posted will help with the visuals. I wouldn't do it till you get some healthy growth back on it though, you need to keep as much green on it you can so it don't die. Growing weed takes practice and everyone does it a little different. My advice to you is to experiment to find out what works best for you. I know a guy who pinches every branch, he likes his plant bushy with lots of popcorn buds. That don't work for me I like big colas. So I don't pinch my plants, but I have been trying FIM lately.

Good luck
MCM

Hick said:
If you've already tortured her by "hacking"..;) off the leaves, "I"... wouldn't top her now, TOO. Give her a chance to recover a li'l bit, Recoup from the shock. Before inducing more stress... IMO.
i DECIDED 2 NOT PRUNE AT ALL AND THIS IS THE ONLY PLANT I DID IT TO, SO IT'S NOT LIKE I MURDERED IT LOL I DIDN'T HACK IT I CUT IT WITH STERILE SCISSORS, LOL U ACT LIKE I'M AN AXE MURDERER
Well then didn't you learn from that?...:p What made you think removing all the fan leaves was a 'good' idea, this time?..:hubba:
THIS WEBSITE IS WHAT MADE ME THINK I HAD 2 PRUNE, BUT I'M LETTING MOTHER NATURE TAKE IT'S COURSE

only two nodes on 16 inches??.... sounds like more problems than pruning. NO MY PLANT HAS WAY MORE THAN 2 NODES MAYBE I DIDN'T EXPLAIN IT RIGHT I WILL POST A PICTURE WHEN I CAN, MY PLANTS ARE DOING FINE, AND IN SOUTH CAROLINA I DIDN'T HAVE 2 PRUNE AND I HAD A BETTER STRAIN, I KNOW A LIL BOUT GROWING, LOL

Tell these guys more about your setup, lights, medium, ect. They're a good bunch and waaay willing to help you out...."if" you don't piss 'em off...") WHAT MAKES U THINK I AM HERE 2 PISS ANYONE OFF? JUST ASKING QUESTIONS, AND SOME PEOPLE ACT LIKE I COMMITED A DAMN CRIME, LMFAO!!!! MY SETUP IS OUTSIDE HAVE SOME IN POTS AND SOME IN THE GROUND, I LIVE IN THE STICKS SO NO NEED TO WORRY BOUT HELICOPTORS, LOL I AM SURE U R RIGHT THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE WILLING TO HELP AND I AM THANKFUL, I AM A REAL FISTY GIRL I GUESS AND SMART REMARKS PISS ME OFF ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE BUT NO HARM ATTENDED TO U, THANKS AGAIN
There should be a sticky at the top of the "INDOOR" forum/area with a guide to asking for help. Coveriing most of the "need to know's" so they can help you.
THANKS ALOT FOR UR REPLY

Motor City Madman said:
If you want to top your plant cut the very tip off leaving some of the growth on the top. The link that Geezer posted will help with the visuals. I wouldn't do it till you get some healthy growth back on it though, you need to keep as much green on it you can so it don't die. Growing weed takes practice and everyone does it a little different. My advice to you is to experiment to find out what works best for you. I know a guy who pinches every branch, he likes his plant bushy with lots of popcorn buds. That don't work for me I like big colas. So I don't pinch my plants, but I have been trying FIM lately.

Good luck
MCM
yea u r right i'm experimenting, lol,:) my plant is fine i am just glad i didn't do all of them that way, but it's real healthy and real green, i have decided not to top mine at all, since i didn't have to top any of the ones i grew in 2001, and they were beautiful! The only reason i thought i might have to top this one was bcuz it's tall and not real leafy but it has really come along way since i hacked it as some people here say, lmao, Thanks, Linda Lou;)

Pass a little of that fistiness along to your little girls and they will take over the whole state. Read, ( you'll hear that a lot! ), enjoy the 1000's of pics. There is even a " Female Growers Club ", here at MP and I'm sure they would love to hear from you. And please be patient, not only with your babies but with some here too. They really mean no offence, gotta keep in mind that some of these folks have answered the same Q's a thousand times so some terms mite seem alittle harsh, aka- Hacking -, that's a discription of an extreme measure and would have been used by many of us. All are here to help and share.
WELCOME !
Fire Up a Fat One and Enjoy Marijuana Passion.
:welcome::smoke1::welcome:

Latest posts

Back