HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, 7, how ya doin? How was the high from the Jack47? No taste at all? I really like what breeders are doing with the Indica/Sative crosses. All 4 of the strains in my tent are crosses. I like the way they grow short and bushy, and I love the bud development. I'm not experienced enough to say about the taste or high except I grew some AK47 last winter that was the bomb. I'm hoping one of these strains can compare. I would like to find a few strains I want to keep and work on perfecting them. There will always be something out there to try though -- something better :)

I need a strain caretaker.

Peace

I had a little panic attack this morning. It was about twenty minutes before the lights went on in the tent. I noticed the veging clones were sitting at 80 degrees and thought I'd turn up the coolness on the AC blowing into the room. I turned the dial on the unit and the whole air conditioner went off. I thought I'd broken it somehow, so I ran and looked at the breakers down the dock, but they hadn't tripped. I was sure the damn thing was broken, so I began to tear it apart thinking I'd see the problem, but I don't know crap about air conditioners, so I just put it back together. I have a back-up unit in my storage container, but it's up in town, and replacing the whole unit is quite a job. That's when I began to panic. The vedging plants were at 81 degrees, and I knew when the lights went on in the tent it was going to get hot in there fast. I finally went and looked at the breakers here in the boat, and sure enough one of them had tripped. I switched it back on and the AC started up again. Whew....

I'm working on my panic button -- there was really no reason for me to get excited. I just love my plants so much -- too much, I guess :)

Peace

I was finally able to get a shot of my budding plants after the lights went out tonight. In the foreground left is the OG Kush, behind it is the Blue Widow, and on the right is the Veneno. They have been in 12/12 for two weeks and four days. How about that? :)

100_1308.jpg

Thanks a lot Purp. This is my second season, but it is my first grow without any real drama. I have finally gotten my tent dialed in, and things are looking good so far. I can't wait to see these plants after 8 weeks under these two 600w HPS lights. Another big change this year is the fact that I'm not over feeding or over watering this time around. I think they look real nice as well.

Peace

HemperFi said:
Thanks a lot Purp. This is my second season, but it is my first grow without any real drama. I have finally gotten my tent dialed in, and things are looking good so far. I can't wait to see these plants after 8 weeks under these two 600w HPS lights. Another big change this year is the fact that I'm not over feeding or over watering this time around. I think they look real nice as well.

Peace
That's awsome green mojo for those sexy girls,looks like u got it all dialed in keep up the great work.

Thanks, Purp, Squidy. I'm justystoked about this grow. It looks like I'm going to get buddage like I have never seen. The Blue Widow is def the star of this grow. She already has buds as big as my previous finished plants from last year, and they won't be three weeks in until Wednesday. This is a very exciting grow for me :) The Moby D1ck has finally decided to begin budding -- she will be a couple of weeks behind but has been all along anyway. The Veneno is doing her thing nicely. She is looking Sativa. I'm really looking foreward to tasting hre :) The OG Kush is just behind the BW in development and is looking stellar. All the plants are deep green and very healthy. It is hard to find a blemish anywhere in the tent. They are loving their little home, and I am spending most of my time just watching them grow. I do turn them a quarter turn every morning when they wake up. They are needing liquid every three days. I just fed them Big Bloom and a shot of Cha Ching (just a little). I will give them PHed water next time, and then full on GH three part flower nutes and some more Cha Ching (I know it's for late blooming, but I doubt it will hurt them). My soil seems perfect, and I love the little balls of .... (whatever) on top of the pots. They look cool and disperse the liquid without messing up the top of the soil. The two 600w cooltubes are banging. I turned down the lights on the vedging clones -- hoping they will slow down growth a little -- I will watch for stretch and turn them back to 600w if needed. They are sitting under 400w now and growing nicely. I fimmed most of them last night. I fimmed a couple of them in two places. The Veneno was a lot taller than all the rest, so I topped them a week ago. They are still the tallest plants in vedge though. What can I say? I have absolutely nothing amiss in this grow. Now I understand why people say that your fourth grow is basically your first. Thank you all for getting me straightened out. It wouldn't be happening without all the help I have received from MPers :)

Here is a couple of HPS pics and one of the clones. The leaves look a little pale in this light, but they are actually very green and lush. :)

I will be happy to answer any questions or comments forth coming. Sorry about the rambling -- I'm a little stoned at the moment :)

Peace

100_1309.jpg

100_1310.jpg

100_1311.jpg

I was looking at seeds last night. I didn't order any, but there are a bunch of strains I want to grow. I didn't realize that I have two strains growing that are White Widow crosses. The Moby D1ck is Haze x White Widow and the Blue Widow is Blueberry x White Widow. They are both supose to be very strong -- I hope so :) My Moby D1ck is a week or so behind the other plants in my tent, but she is coming on strong. I took this Pic last night just after the lights went out: I think it is a lovely pic. I'd like to have a poster ....

100_1314.jpg

looking good :cool2: i havent popped moby d yet next run i think. yours is looking stellar..

Aloha
Squidy

I gave the girls in the tent PHed water yesterday W/cal-mag. These are the healthiest plant I have grown. I will give them full on GH 3 part bloom the next time the pots are light and dry.

The clones are ready for their next feeding. I can't make up my mind what I want to give them this time. Last time they got PHed water. They are healthy and green and growing splendidly. I have a couple of gallons of lake water sitting in a bucket waiting.... I suppose I should get on some kind of schedual, but so far this grow I have just been winging it, and the plants are looking as nice as can be. I'm afraid I might do something to hurt them. I turned down the MH light over them to 400w. There has been zero stretch and their growth hasn't slowed down at all. I think I'll just give them plain PHed water again. They don't look hungry, and I am trying real hard not to over feed these days.

I hope everyone on the East coast has made it through the storm unscathed, and I hope their plants are still growing nicely. An extended power outage would be devistating.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Peace

Here are a few pics I took yesterday. I don't know if you can see in these pictures, but the Blue Widow and the OG Kush are both busting out in trichs and getting very frosty. My clones (not shown) are going to be monsters by the time I can get them turned to 12/12. I have seven of them, and they are all growing wonderfully, but I'm only going to be able to fit 5 of them in the tent comfortably. It will be difficult picking out two to toss away.

100_1320.jpg

100_1319.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1317.jpg

100_1316.jpg

Here is a shot of what the clones look like this morning -- aren't they beautiful?

100_1321.jpg

100_1323.jpg

Could I send you a couple of cuttings and you just clone for me?? You are the best cloner. They look beautiful.

Your flower room just makes me happy Hemper. What a great place to hang out. Thanks for the update.

I would clone your cuttings without hesitation, Rosy. I wish I could give you a couple of mine. Yes, the back of the boat is where I spend most of my time, although there isn't really anything to do except watch them grow and feel how heavy their pots are getting. It's nice when they are budding nicely and the trichs are popping. I have made some full on bloom nutes to give the girls tomorrow i was thinking today, but they can go another day. I cannot stress enough how much difference it makes to have good soil, ventilation, nutes and light. It makes everything else seem like it's on cruise control. I'm real happy with this grow. I'm figuring on some real nice smoke for Christmas. A present to myself :)

Peace

And you should be happy. Plants are looking green and lush.

I fed them this morning. I made up 4 gallons of full strength nutes, and then I added another half gallon of lake water to it before I gave it to them. The clones got a modified light nute mix as well. I give them all cal-mag and I put in a small amount of Cha-Ching to the flowering nutes. They look happy. They are almost half way threw flower now and are looking as big and beautiful as some of my plants at the finish in the past. I am still watching for nanners, as they are all from femmed seeds. They have had very little stress in their lives, and I am hoping the breeders have stabilized these strains better than the femmed strains of the past. What do I know, lol? I do know that this promises to be the best grow yet in this old boat. So far, I couldn't be more pleased. I have seven clones and room in the tent for five plants. I must decide which five I want to grow. I know I want two of the Blue Widow and two of the OG Kush and that leaves two strains to pick one plant from. I am going to have to give up a strain, either the Sativa or the Indica. I made a small mistake with the Sat. Dom. Veneno when I topped them and then fimmed them. They are growing beautifully, but they are going to be bushes, and I doubt they will fit in the tent with four other plants. I may just go with all Indica dominant plants and give up the Sativa. I have a few weeks to decide. I may keep one of the Veneno as a mother for a while -- until I have a chance to evaluate the smoke. I'm looking forward to some dank.

Peace

Waiten to see the Harvest.:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back