HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SLAM! BANG! BANG! Yeah, Rosy, they are really looking swell. I will enjoy the fruits of this labor of love :)

I fed the girls yesterday. They got water, calmag and Cha Ching -- PHed to 6.0. They look better every day.

I fed the clones this morning. They are filling up my vedge area. I had to raise the light again. I gave them mild vedge nutes with a little extra Gro and calmag. I know some of you don't believe they need calmag in vedge, but I'm thinking it is why I never have a problem with premature yellowing late in bloom, and they seems to thrive this way :)

I looked at the trichs with a scope yesterday. What a beautiful sight. They are clear (as expected) and standing proud -- banging.

I am going to have to go to the hospital Tues after next and get some procedure done (not to worry) but they want me there a half hour before the girls wake up. I'm thinking I will just open the tent and set the controls as though the lights were on early. I don't know what else to do -- I have no one to come and watch after them while I am gone. I figure they are so close to harvest that even if they were to hermie, seeds wouldn't have time to form. It sure would be a bummer to have them hermie and begin to make pollen instead of putting on their last push, but it's all I can think of to do.

I bought a jet ski the other day. ) 07, super charged, Honda. What a toy! It goes over 60 mph. I decided I needed something to get my old heart pounding once in a while. Sure is fun :)

Peace

Every day, when the lights go on in the tent, I unzip the door and then adjust the temps and fan and then usually just leave it open for the day. Well, today I just left it closed to see what would happen. If I turn up the air conditioner blowing into the grow room and leave the door of the tent closed the temps stay in the mid 70's, so now I know I don't have to worry about the girls when I go and get this "procedure" my doctors insist I get. What a relief.

It amazes me what I see when I open the tent. I have colas from the door all the way to the back. I am finally growing weed that looks like the pics the breeders advertise with on seed bank web sites. I was wondering if it was ever going to happen. I had a lot of time to think things over this summer up in Idaho. I came back to the boat with a pretty definitive idea of what I needed to change in my little grow room.

I ordered another 600w light and cool tube and put it next to the one already in the tent. I kept hearing and reading that "Light equals weight."

I switched my soil to ProMix. I had been using FFOF (foxfire ocean forest). I didn't like the way it compacted or the texture. My niece in Idaho has a huge green house, and she uses ProMix for everything. I got to see it and feel it, and I loved it. Besides, it is what NorCalHal uses, and I remembered him writing that it is "plant and go." I believe it made a powerful difference.

That's all I did differently, but it sure did make a difference. I still fert the same and clone and vedge the same. The FIM technique has something to do with the success of this grow as well, but I have been doing that all along. I love the way it makes a grow a lot like a SCROG -- without the screen. More light and better soil has provided me with some really sweet looking plants this grow. I don't know what I can do to make things better, but I'm open for suggestion.

Here's what they look like going into the 7th week of flower.

100_1338.jpg

I can't believe this is your second grow. If I didn't know better, I wouldn't believe you. That is an amazing shot right there Hemper. I know i saw a huge difference when i upped my lights too. Good to hear about the promix.
Keep doing what your doing. You are a natural boat gardener.

Thank you, Rosy. I realize it is just a small, personal grow, but I am way happy with how it is turning out. I remembered something else I did differently -- I put a wye on the exhaust outlet and hooked the vedge light up so it blows out of the boat instead of into the grow room. The temps are a lot easier to regulate now. I cut a couple of sugar leaves off a plant yesterday to check the trichs. They are mostly cloudy and I believe I can see a little amber coming on as well. I'm thinking another week or so and I'll begin to harvest this little crop. My clones are huge and really need to be put into 12/12. I keep raising the light, and they keep growing. My next crop is biting at the bit. I have too many to put in the tent though, and it is going to be difficult to pick which ones I want to grow out. I was going to faze out the Veneno (sativa), but she is producing some of the biggest buds in the tent right now. I really need to do a taste test, but I am reluctant to snip anything until it is actually ripe. I'm still smoking the last of last years crop, and it works pretty good, but I know that any of the plants I have growing now are going to be a lot better. I can hardly wait. It is going to be real nice to have the taste and potency of dank buds again. I have been mixing the last of the "Poison Mighty Might" from my first crop with sugar leaf from all of my harvests last year, and it really doesn't have the smell and taste we all crave. It gets me high though, and I am glad it is still around. Soon, all my jars will be empty again. How wonderful to know I can fill them with even better buds than ever. :)

On a side note: I don't know what the weather is doing where you-all live, but it is way beautiful here. I went for a long jet ski ride yesterday in 70 degree sunshine, and it is suppose to be 75 degrees today. I am planning another long ride. It is great fun to explore the coves and small bays all around the lake, and with the ski I can go places I could never go in a boat because it sits right on top of the water. I am having fun....

Peace

I am very happy for you Hemper, you deserve 70 degrees and sunny with a boat load of pot...literally. ha.

:goodposting:

Rose is right! Great job Hemper!

Iams

you're look right proper there Hemper, didn't realize you need to improve anything seeing your last pull was pretty decent. Keep on keepin on friend, you got a thumb o green.

:peace:

Thanks again, Rosy, you too Iams -- I am the grow captain -- on this old tub anyway :)

Thank you, 7. I have had some small success, but this will be my best in both quality and quantity, I'm sure. Also, I have had zero issues this grow -- no bugs, heat, over ferting or anything. It has gone real smooth -- so far.

Soon I will have to farm again -- clipping won't be such a bother this time -- I need to clone the clones and transplant the ones in vedge into bigger pots -- and begin again :)

Thanks for stopping in and the comments. I appreciate all the input I can get.

I think I'll go jump on the jet ski and tool around a little -- it's a big lake :)

Peace

The clones were as light as a feather this morning, so I fed them some modified vedge nutes, rearanged them and had a close look at them. They have stretched a lot growing under only 400w of MH, and they are very tall now. I'm not going to clone them until the last minute this time. I'm hoping the next set of clones won't be as tall and stretched when they are ready for flower. I need to work on my timing. I have been contemplating just waiting for the next set of clones and using these as mothers for the next crop, but I may as well put these in flower while the next clones get big enough to flower. I'm in no hurry now that I will have a pile of dank buds to smoke while I am growing out the next crop. This is sooo much fun :)

My Marine son is here with me for Thanksgiving. I have a small turkey to cook today, so I better get busy. I hope it will fit into my little oven, lol. Best wishes to everyone. I hope you all have a great feast and a wonderful time with family and friends -- what could be better than good food and better weed?

Peace

The clones require liquid again. Every three or four days in these 1 gal. pots. They look fine, real green and many, many bud sites. It is going to be easy cloning them. I could supply a commercial grower with clones from these seven plants. It will be a shame to have to toss some of them, but that's farming....

It's still in the 70's out here -- beautiful. Life is good on this old tub :)

Peace

a couple of pics from this morning -- they are going into week 8. I took a little branch from the bottom of the Blue Widow and sampled a couple of popcorn budlets -- DAMN! It's been awhile.... I just love one hit weed :)

100_1344.jpg

100_1346.jpg

Here, if you are interested, is what it is looking like in my vedge garden -- and a couple of nice buds -- sorry about the HPS lighting. The first bud is an OG Kush that will be done in a week or so. The next is a Veneno that won't be done for a couple of weeks -- they are going into week 8 tomorrow.

100_1347.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1349.jpg

100_1350.jpg

I managed to get 4 clones transplanted into 3 gal. pots and put under the two 600w HPS lights in the tent. I sure hope they don't stretch too much because they are as tall as the near finished Moby D1ck and Veneno still in the tent ripening. I ran out of dirt. I do have another 2 cu. ft. of ProMix out in the car in the parking lot that I'll bring in after dark tonight. I'm going to grow out 6 plants this time -- I just hate to toss healthy plants. I will still have to toss a Veneno that just won't fit in the tent. I figure it will take a couple of weeks for the new clones to begin to flower, so I'm going to wait to clone them this time. Perhaps the next batch won't be as tall and stretched as these when they are ready to flower. The Veneno in the tent at 8 weeks is trying hard to fall over. I tied her up again after feeding her and the Moby D1ck plain lake water w/ a Tsp. of Cha Ching per gal. of water. They got PHed lake water last time and the Moby D1ck got a little leaf tip burn for some reason or another. I didn't give them any nutrients at all. I'm curious to see what happens this watering. The clones wern't root bound at all in their 1 gal. pots, but they slipped out of those little pot pretty easy. I just loosened the soil around the sides of the pot, grabbed them by the stem and pulled them out and then straight into the 3 gal. pots. (easy peasy). I'm looking forward to my next cloning session. It will be nice having the cloner full of cuttings again. I think I'll take 4 of each strain this time, off two plants each. I will make sure they are all the same size, and I'll do them all at the same time.

My cloning method is a bit unorthodox. I just snip of the new clones and put them in water. I do wash my scissors down in alcohol and my razor blade as well. I pre-hormone the soaked rooting pucks after ringing out some of the liquid. I then slap a clone down on my wooden bench (which is actually an small extension sticking out of the vedge area) and cut them at an angle about a half inch from a leaf node. I scrap away the node and scar around the end of the stem and then cut up into the stem 1/8th inch or so. They are then dipped in water and then the hormone powder and tucked into their pucks and placed into the cloner. I have 1/4 strength GH three part nutes in the bottom of the cloning tray which the pucks wick from. I am sure to label each set of clones before continuing on to the next strain. I have two small CFL lights hanging over the dome of the cloning tray which stay on 24/7. I spray them with plain water and close the dome over them -- and then I ignore them. I open the dome each morning and at night and spray with plain water. I usually get roots in a week or so and real nice roots in two weeks. I then put them in 1 gallon pots under a cool tube and a dimmable 600w MH light. I have never had a clone die on me doing it this way. Some seem to do better than others and it is these that are chosen for my next crop. I do, however, have to toss a lot of perfectly wonderful clones into the trash -- and it kinda hurts -- but that's farming :)

Sorry about going on and on concerning something most of you know perfectly well, but I read a lot of questions concerning cloning, and I thought I'd let the rookies know how I go about the task. It could be tittled "Cloning for Dummies" lol

Peace

I have 8 and a half pints of fine weed in jars curing. One of the jars has 5 buds that fill it to the top. I don't know the weight -- don't really care, but I do know that I have a lot of excellent smoke and two more plants to harvest -- this is great fun :)

I need to go take some clones and clean up the bottom third of my new crop. I hope every one is as happy and high as me :)

Peace

I remember when i did my first grow lol i was almost crying come chop day hahahaha thinking these girls look to dam good to chop but all good things must come to a end
Keep up the great work

Here are my first two plants curing nicely. I haven't weighed them, but I have been smoking them, and they are two hit delights. The two strains smell and taste completely different. The BW is fruity, sweet smelling and hits really mellow, yet packs a wicked punch. The OG is basic medical quality bud. It has a bit of a fuel smell, hits hard and also packs a serious punch. I am happy to have them, and I have been staying very high lately. Here are a couple of pics:

100_1377.jpg

100_1378.jpg

100_1374.jpg

Latest posts

Back