HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is not having to find a dealer and the quality of what is possible when you grow yourself. I have to be careful not to over tend my plants. Patience is a virtue I never acquired.

Bitchin and groovy, Rosy :) It's more than an Earth thing for me -- it's a universe thing. I feel like the God of my own little piece of creation (or something like that). If I ever get busted, I'm going to argue that it's apart of my religion, opt for a jury trial and hope for a jury nullification verdict. I WOULDN'T PUT SOMEONE AWAY FOR GROWING A PLANT -- WOULD YOU? Hopefully, I won't have to deal with that experience though. Growing this plant is making a better person out of me. They should make a law that you HAVE to grow some MJ. :) The world would be a better place.

Peace

gourmet said:
For me it is not having to find a dealer and the quality of what is possible when you grow yourself. I have to be careful not to over tend my plants. Patience is a virtue I never acquired.

That's how it started out for me as well, Gourmet, but it is morphing into something a lot deeper than just having some good weed -- I know what you mean about patience. growing is teaching me patience. I sit and watch them grow lots, and I always want to do something to them. Lately I've just been turning them a little and resisting doing anything drastic :)

Peace

I still want to know what you-all think about putting both a MH and a HPS light in the tent for flowering. What do you think?

Theoretically I would say no to the MH with HPS as defeating the purpose of changing the light spectrum. But I have never done a test of same, so that is a big I don't know.

HemperFi said:
It's more than just fun, Rosy. I get such a thrill out of this sport, and there is something deep down going on too. Something in my soul....

Peace

Don't call it a "sport"!! We aren't allowed to discuss sports!!! :D :D

sMACk

I wonder if anyone knows, Gourmet. I read the other night that both lights are optimal, but I don't know the author, and I'd like some confirmation from the experts I know -- MPers....

Peace

It's as much a sport as poker :) oops, can I say that? hehehe

Looks like you're off to a bangin' start. Can't wait to see the rest of the story!

I see no reason to use up your HPS on veg, if that is what your thinking of doing. Why?

Budders Keeper said:
Looks like you're off to a bangin' start. Can't wait to see the rest of the story!

It is by far the best start I've had so far, Budder, I think it has a lot to do with my refined setup and the ammount of control I have now. I can't wait to see what happens as well. Thank you....

Not in vedge, Rosy -- in flower -- I read just the other night that the full spectrum of light from both an MH and a HPS will really make a difference. I don't know....

peace

I don't know why the MH would help in flower. Other people will be along to opine with you I bet.;)

I would appreciate EVERYONE'S opinion -- Masters, noobs and lurkers :) What do you think, Hick?

Peace

Here, my friends is a pretty sad thing to see. It tastes a little funky, but it hits pretty hard, and it's my LAST jar of buds. PMM stands for "Poison Mighty Might."

100_1270.JPG

I read just the other night that the full spectrum of light from both an MH and a HPS
I used a 400 of each on some Mango. I definately noticed a difference in trich's compared to a run with only hps.I'm not scientific enough in my procedures to know if it was the full spectrum or something else i did better. I had the grow on here but the crash took it. Someone else.. maybe bombbudpuffa or bigkahuna was using both all the time last I heard. I ultimately went with a 1k hps for the simplicity of one light.

Thanks for the reply, Bud, I have six or seven weeks to think about it, but if I'm not told a good reason not to do it, I think I'll give it a try. Seems like to me it would be closer to what nature does that way. I'll cut them down from 24/7 to 14/10 for a week and then 12/12. I don't know, though, if it is a good idea....

Peace

There are many who believed the enhanced spectrum adds to the yield. I personally have not tried this. Some HPS bulbs do come with some extra blue light in there, so there is probably an advantage to blue light during flowering. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think. I would think that you would want to make sure that you rotated your plants so all were exposed to about the same amount of MH and HPS.

I really don't see any reason to do a 14/10 for a week? I'd just go from 24/7 to 12/12. Remember, that we are not trying to mimic nature--we are trying to use the best of it to our advantage by manipulating our grow environment.

Goddess, you always make so much sense. I will give it a try and let you know what I think (for what that's worth). I will rotate the plants a quarter turn every day. And 12/12 it will be :) I'm not thinking so much about a bigger yeald, but I am thinking about more trichs and better pot. It's worth a try....

Listen, I didn't realize I was naming my journal when I typed in "No longer babies." Could you change that for me? Something like "HemperFi's Second Season" would be more appropriate, don't ya think?

Peace

For'me its about creating something and watching it grow, ..................................without it asking me for money... and i can smoke them when they are too old:)

Everything I have bought to grow with has paid for itself buy me not having to buy street weed, Potscientist. I also get a real thrill out of the grow which is a bonus :)

Peace

Latest posts

Back