Hermie Found, Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlimited

Reaction score
Hello hows it going today? I need some Advice. I have six beautiful girls in flower right now and there in there 6th week. I went to check on them and noticed my light was off, When it should of been on. The light burnt out on me(only about a month old). I don't know how long it was burnt out. I know I checked them the night before and the light came on but don't know when it burnt out. I had to replace with a 600 watt to get me by till I can get a new 1000 watt, Tomorrow.

I watered today and looked very closely at all the girls its been two days since, the light burnt out. I noticed one of my girls have very small Nanners on a couple of the cola's (I had to dig around the buds to find them). I'm thinking it was from the light going out that caused this.
How long does it take for this to actually cause seeds from the day the nanners show? Should I kill the plant right now or will it make it to finish couple weeks? Or are this nanners already pollinating? Thanks

only if they open...but if ya seeing them now..its not because the light disruption a couple days ago...If these are all the same strain I would look closer at the others..Maybe they all hermie???...what strain is this and where did you get them...sure hope its just the one....I would pull this plant ...just my thaughts

take care and be safe

Well I was looking closer and I had two Jack the Rippers and four Motarebel Herijuana. I got them as clones from a local guy. It looks like both of the Jack the Rippers Might have the little Nanners on them. I don't see anything on the other four Motarebel Herijuana. I'm pretty sure the Trichs on the two JTR's are still clear tho. Would it be garbage then? Can you just pick the little nanners out with tweezers?

Nanners don't pop out in a day or two, so the problem with the light did not cause this. My guess would be hermie genetics. I would chuck everything with nanners, clean everything down really good, and keep a close eye out on the other plants. Was this just some random guy selling clones?

Well the guy owns a Hydroponics shop and Sells all Grow Equipment and Nutrients. And clones. TGA Genetics. I got my Microscope in the mail today I'm going to check the Trics on them, Will it still be good weed if the Trichs are Clear?

I just had to take a few plants early for the same reason. I hated to do it but i had to get it out of the room as i had other plants.

It is better then no pot I guess, but it certainly doesn't have the kick of the usual stuff.
I am sure your guy meant no harm, but he gave you hermi prone stock. I wouldn't repeat that. Sorry it is a real drag.

I think that TGA has had some problems with hermies, although I do not grow his gear.

One of the things I have also found is that just because someone works at a hydro store does not mean that they are good growers. Their job is to sell things. Are you in a mmj state? Do you have a license? If not, it is kind of risky to buy clones this way. I don't suppose that he is selling them legally and if he gets busted, he could certainly be naming names. Unfortunately, a lot of people would sell out their grandmas to stay out of prison. And, yeah, this really is just a random guy selling clones.

Yeah this would not be the first time Subcool's gear has hermied....

Yeah, I live in a state thats MMJ, State Of Michigan. I have my caregivers card and I had to show him the card before he would let me get the plants but He made me pay cash for them tho. I did do some research and Did notice people having problems with the TGA hermies. Has anyone tried Dutch Master Gold Reverse with results? Anyone have any good Gear that they would recommend?

Well I looked at them under the scope and I would say that right now there about 50% clear and 50% Cloudy.

I have been growing TGA plushberry for awhile now and sometimes a plant or two will get nanners but they have never turned to seed

I was too scared about my others getting pollen so I pulled them, I didn't see a single seed pod while I was trimming. Better safe then sorry.

if it's only a couple of plants you might just consider taking the time to remove the nanners so the plant can finish---always keeping in mind if you miss one---you jeapordize the whole room

Yeah It was my first grow and I did pull them alittle early but it still gets you high so Oh well. My next group of plants has three of the same ones that just nannered on me. And they were clones from them so They probably will have the same fate.

bummer---there is always the hash bucket or edibles for circumstances just like this

Well I've heard of this stuff called Dutch Master Gold Reverse, I heard you apply it to the plant in the beginning of the flower cycle and then like two weeks into flower and its suppose to help with plants growing opposite flowers. Like Female plants growing Male parts and Vice Verse.
I might try it with this three up coming Jack the Rippers because I'm pretty sure they will do the same. I haven't seen to many info about it but I figured I would try it.

Latest posts

Back