Hey All! New guy here. Nice site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesman51

Old hippy
Reaction score
Hi All.

Another old hippy here. Still have my tickets to Woodstock (non one was there to take them!). :D

Been growing about 10 years or so. Use Rockwool Slabs with 15 minutes of nutes every 2 hours. Been working off the same Skunk #1 strain for 8 years or so. :holysheep:

Used to be a member of Overgrow.com but they were taken down a few years ago. :hubba:

It's nice to see people getting into growing. There can never be too many hemp plants!

Jonesy:joint:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Welcome to MP.....you will enjoy your stay...loads of great info and great people here.

Welcome to MP. Be sure to check out the site rules so to stay out of trouble.

Welcome to MP,
the site you will love,
and hate to leave.

Good luck to you.....

Will do the chief. Thanks for the heads up.

Stay out of trouble? Is that like when you go to your hydro or bong store and you can't say "weed" without being asked to leave? :)

J

Sort of...but not that bad, the rules are few and simple, as long as you are curtious to others, and don't talk about other substances than weed, don't post live links...simple stuff like that...you'll be fine.

Nice to see someone working with the same strain for a long period...you will be an asset here! I ran Afghani #1 for over 10 yrs...but recently dropped it, it's a long story. You learn to grow it with your eyes closed when you keep something that long. Most all of my growing experience is outdoors, I've only been doing the indoor thing for a little over a yr. (other than keeping mothers, and makeing clones) So I'm still learning, and hope to always be still learning, ya can never know too much!

Anyway, welcome to the party!

I searched for a strain that was potent and tasty. Tried Blueberry but that is a hard strain to grow well. Same with Cinderella.

I tried some Hindu Kush and Flo but I didn't like the look of those buds. The Skunk has such nice buds. I'll have to post some pics. Makes me hungry just talking about it.....

The old Overgrow site was a lot like this one. Lots of great information. But they were located in Canada I believe. Too close to the states to not get popped.

I will be happy to help others with their grow problems. Don't do dirt though. Just rockwool.

J

welcome jones...so u got to see janis joplin live?? OMG~!!!

jonesman51 said:
Been working off the same Skunk #1 strain for 8 years or so. :holysheep:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm about to start a Skunk #1 grow. I got some beans from The Flying Dutchman. I'm wondering if you're growing those same genetics.

AG

Amateur Grower - I got my Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds but I imagine that by now those genetics have been copied by almost everyone. I see that Sensi does not offer Skunk #1 (correct me if I am wrong) but instead it is something like Skunk #11 (or so?).

2dog - Unfortunately I did not see Janis and from what I hear, she was not happy with her performance. I did see Ten Years After, Santana, Crosby-Stills-Nash, Country Joe and a bunch of others. They were all fantastic. One song by Tens Years After was 45 minutes long. :hubba:

J

jonesman51 said:
I searched for a strain that was potent and tasty. Tried Blueberry but that is a hard strain to grow well. Same with Cinderella.

I tried some Hindu Kush and Flo but I didn't like the look of those buds. The Skunk has such nice buds. I'll have to post some pics. Makes me hungry just talking about it.....

The old Overgrow site was a lot like this one. Lots of great information. But they were located in Canada I believe. Too close to the states to not get popped.

I will be happy to help others with their grow problems. Don't do dirt though. Just rockwool.

J

Overgrow got popped because Heaven's Stairway was selling seeds. The Overgrow Forum was never really the problem.

I am surprised that you found C99 hard to grow. It was the first strain I grew all by myself hydroponically. I found it very easy to grow and clone. Maybe you had a bad seed run?

You will find a lot of us older peeps here :D

I hope you are right about the C99 seeds. I only had 5 at the time.

I wouldn't mind starting something different one of these days but the Skunk keeps me happy enough not to think about it...

I remember Heaven's Stairway. Never used them. I got my Sensi Skunk from Gypsy, in the UK. The Blueberry (DJShorts) came from Mark Emery.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

J

I'm growing Cinderella 99 crossed with AK47, I haven't found anything difficult about it, other than the fact that it is a very hungry strain, normally I get away with feeding half strength nutes, but not with these, I'm feeding full strength, and honestly feel like I'm going to need to up it even more.

I guess I could see that as difficult to a new grower, not being able to understand why it was showing deficient when you are already feeding full strength....and yes, before ya'll ask my PH is dialed in...It just craves more nutes than other strains I have grown.

jonesman51 said:
Don't do dirt though. Just rockwool.

J

Ok, I do dirt but as I'm about to start my 1st Skunk #1 grow, I'm dying to know what it's like. What kind of high is it? Is it really a short cycle plant?

AG

Latest posts

Back