Hey guys check this bud out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

215zealot

I didnt grow this, a "friend" did. But this stuff is SUPER DENSE and very hairy, i was wondering if there was a problem with it.

It definately wasnt dried properly because the stems were very flexible. So i dried overnight and i swear this stuff lost half its smell. In my opinion it is premature of some sort. The smoke is good, its frosty, the smell is fruity, but its super super dense and looks very weird. It is some kind of snocap strain.

When there are lots of hairs does it mean something went wrong?

Also, i had a QP worth and it lost 6 grams over night. Lame.

^^In the picture is about 1/8 oz, is it normal for weed to be this dense??? a gram nug is TINY.

bananasnocap.jpg

smokes the same as any weed, fruity flavor, has a strong high.

What you got right there is bud that someone has added weight to by adding water so it puffs up. Its still good bud. its the same chronic that america bewteen california and new york gets haha.

^^^ exactly, unfortunately i wont see a harvest for another month at least, so until then this is the crap i have to put up with.

i did buy a gram of super good indoor purple today at the club to make me feel better.

typical commercial looking bud. super dense... sometimes will have a baking soda taste or powder to it.

It becomes this way from superdrying... either with dryice or with baking soda/powder. probably a few other ways too... i just know of these methods because i've seen them firsthand.

215zealot said:
I didnt grow this, a "friend" did. But this stuff is SUPER DENSE and very hairy, i was wondering if there was a problem with it.

It definately wasnt dried properly because the stems were very flexible. So i dried overnight and i swear this stuff lost half its smell. In my opinion it is premature of some sort. The smoke is good, its frosty, the smell is fruity, but its super super dense and looks very weird. It is some kind of snocap strain.

Mature buds are very compact. Premature buds are not dense at all. How about what bombbud asked, how can you tell he added water as opposed to not fully drying? Dense buds will take a long time to dry. The only hair on marijuana is the pistils and they're covered with trichs too.

I remember years ago guys spraying water (spray bottle)on bricks of MJ to help loosen the weed up and make it fluffy.

KADE said:
typical commercial looking bud. super dense... sometimes will have a baking soda taste or powder to it.

It becomes this way from superdrying... either with dryice or with baking soda/powder. probably a few other ways too... i just know of these methods because i've seen them firsthand.

I saw some bud not too long ago (this years crop) that was being pushed off as 'Snowflake'. It had little white things all through the bud. I thought they may have been some kind of little tiny white bugs at first but when under the scope they were crystalized, like salt(???). We figured it was some kind of over-nuting type thing. I refused to touch it. It wasn't really like a powder at all but could that have resulted from one of these techniques? Sorry, no pics.

nvthis said:
I saw some bud not too long ago (this years crop) that was being pushed off as 'Snowflake'. It had little white things all through the bud. I thought they may have been some kind of little tiny white bugs at first but when under the scope they were crystalized, like salt(???). We figured it was some kind of over-nuting type thing. I refused to touch it. It wasn't really like a powder at all but could that have resulted from one of these techniques? Sorry, no pics.

It was probably sprayed with some kind of sugar water. The water mostly evaporates, leaving sugar crystals that look like big frosty trichs.

thats why sometimes its good to get dry stuff and revive it your self you end up with more instead of wet stuff that drys out to be way less that what you payed for

orr grow ur own! =)

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
thats why sometimes its good to get dry stuff and revive it your self you end up with more instead of wet stuff that drys out to be way less that what you payed for

i prefer the "grow your own".i refuse to even think about buying anymore.i keep my stash.if i get down to 3-5 0zs,i get panicky.nobody gets none until my next harvest.i do share with really good friends.i also have had them try to buy some from me.i try to explain that i do not mind smoking and even giving them some,but i WILL not sell my crops.when everyone i know is out of the bunk street weed,they know i am sitting on some dynamite smoke,lol sure makes me feel good to know i will never be shopping for un-known smoke on the streets again,never.i will do without 1st.jmo

andy52 said:
i prefer the "grow your own".i refuse to even think about buying anymore.i keep my stash.if i get down to 3-5 0zs,i get panicky.nobody gets none until my next harvest.i do share with really good friends.i also have had them try to buy some from me.i try to explain that i do not mind smoking and even giving them some,but i WILL not sell my crops.when everyone i know is out of the bunk street weed,they know i am sitting on some dynamite smoke,lol sure makes me feel good to know i will never be shopping for un-known smoke on the streets again,never.i will do without 1st.jmo

:yeahthat: Ditto that! All except the "going without" part.

Latest posts

Back