Hey guys! Curious questions about my current progress and possible yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i think the idea was to in fact starve the plant a bit, to make it think its dying or starving and therefore produce more trichomes and growth trying to keep it going, using up all the nutrients that it has in the medium so that when you do chop, it would be as if they were getting nutes the whole time, since they were using what it had, plus a boost of the plant being stressed i guess??? Then when chopped its nothing but smooth pure MJ flavor without a harshness or lack of staying lit. I personally am not experienced enough to say which is better, flushing or not, but it seems all you pro long time growers are against flushing. Only thing that i'm a bit skeptical about, (and dont get me wrong, I don't mean to be shooting down anyones advice or knowledge) But Growing is always evolving, and from the people here, seem to have been growing for years and years, but seem to be settled in their methods from years and years ago. Since it works, why change? But, at the same time, this change could promote a better end result. Especially since THG mentioned a book that was written in the 70's. Not doubting the knowledge, but i can't help but feel the info might be a lil behind whats known today. But i highly respect you long time growers especially THG, so I guess I'll just have to try both and see if theres a difference. Does anyone here flush? Or have done both to put a different perspective of why almost everyone in the bay area, and current grow videos and books advise flushing?? Thanks yall ;)

I flushed for years when I was using chem nutes (ESUgreenleaves bloom&grow) with my clone onlys. Lost my clones, quit for a year or so, found this place and upped my production a good 30%. So tho I had been growing for 14 years, I'm still learning something new everyday (okay ALMOST everyday :p)!

Flushing IS essential, just depending on what form of nute regimen you're giving your ladies....

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

LOL--I have been growing a long time, but I am hardly settled in my methods--I am one of the first to try new things if.........if the new thing is grounded in science and makes sense. I spend many, many hours a week reading about growing, others' methods, and the latest new thing--I certainly wouldn't say that I was unaware of what is "known today". I grew hydro for many years and started when it was the "new thing". I was probably one of the first on here to try T5s for vegging. I recently started growing organic and am making my own ss. In fact, I find most of the experienced growers are more open to new ideas than some of the newbies. I cannot think of one experienced grower here that is "settled in their methods from years and years ago". I am not insulted, but actually find it somewhat laughable that you would call me set in my ways and behind the times. I simply do not jump on any old bandwagon. If you had seen my 1980 grow and my grows now, you would realize just how much I have changed with the times and how much I actually do experiment. While growing methods can change and get better, we are not going to change the biology of the plant--there is no other plant in the world that I know of that is flushed before it is consumed, what makes mmj any different? I think flushing is one of those things that someone thought was a good idea (without any real reason to do it) and others picked up on--I think the flushers are the ones who are the blind followers and caught up in their methods from years ago. Us non-flushers are the progressive ones who are not "following the book.

There is no proof anywhere that stressing plants result in increased resin or anything else good. There is really no living thing on earth, that I know of that produces better when it is stressed. The reason people flush plants before harvest is because they believe that residual chemicals left in the plant affect taste and how the cured bud burns. Since I have never found this to be true in my plants, I do not starve them.

:yeahthat:

I use to think flushing was important:ignore:

Then one day a branch broke off that could not be repaired:(
Nobody could tell that these buds were not flushed or that they were grown in GH3 part:hubba:

I only see two needs for flushing...one is if you fed or watered with something by mistake and need to "flush" it out. The other is if you are feeding hvy amounts of Chemical nutrients and hve a bad salt build up. Other then that I also see no need to flush. Also flushing is different then just watering the last 7-10 days IMO.

also, almost every nutrient company has products they produce for "flushing". it is their job to protect their investment and promote "flushing" as something you must do.

ShOrTbUs said:
also, almost every nutrient company has products they produce for "flushing". it is their job to protect their investment and promote "flushing" as something you must do.

clueless to the hydro world---that there is funny---sell sell sell---the nutrient line is selling another chemical to use to flush out the chemicals you been feeding your plant for its entire life cycle---i may be stoned---but i don't think i am crazy---

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I have been growing a long time, but I am hardly settled in my methods--I am one of the first to try new things if.........if the new thing is grounded in science and makes sense. I spend many, many hours a week reading about growing, others' methods, and the latest new thing--I certainly wouldn't say that I was unaware of what is "known today". I grew hydro for many years and started when it was the "new thing". I was probably one of the first on here to try T5s for vegging. I recently started growing organic and am making my own ss. In fact, I find most of the experienced growers are more open to new ideas than some of the newbies. I cannot think of one experienced grower here that is "settled in their methods from years and years ago". I am not insulted, but actually find it somewhat laughable that you would call me set in my ways and behind the times. I simply do not jump on any old bandwagon. If you had seen my 1980 grow and my grows now, you would realize just how much I have changed with the times and how much I actually do experiment. While growing methods can change and get better, we are not going to change the biology of the plant--there is no other plant in the world that I know of that is flushed before it is consumed, what makes mmj any different? I think flushing is one of those things that someone thought was a good idea (without any real reason to do it) and others picked up on--I think the flushers are the ones who are the blind followers and caught up in their methods from years ago. Us non-flushers are the progressive ones who are not "following the book.

There is no proof anywhere that stressing plants result in increased resin or anything else good. There is really no living thing on earth, that I know of that produces better when it is stressed. The reason people flush plants before harvest is because they believe that residual chemicals left in the plant affect taste and how the cured bud burns. Since I have never found this to be true in my plants, I do not starve them.

Ment nothing against it, was just asking. You know I always take and respect the advoce and instructions you have given me through my whole time here at MP. But, if i did offend you at all, I do apologies, that was not my intent.

LOL--not offended. Just letting you know that I am not one of those that never try new things--I do, all the time--it just has to make sense. Just because a lot of people do something does not necessarily make it a good idea.

True, but i do have to say, I was going to flush this time around, and then not flush the next time, But i ended up deciding to not flush this time around and depending on that, would then decide wether to flush or not the next time around. but Honestly, at least in my opinion, I def taste a lil bit of nutes... I taste the good tangy orange of my agent orange strain, but the after taste is like somewhat chemically? and that goes for all of them... So i'll probably be flushing this next time around to see if I like the difference. Either way, I appreciate the info as always ;)

Latest posts

Back