Hey guys! Curious questions about my current progress and possible yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this product: "Cool Bloom Ripening Formula" could not possibly add potency...

It could be like molasses/sugar water and help improve yield through a well fed rhizo colony, thusly adding to the resins and piling on more trichs, therefore effecting the potency/effect duration. and chelation of nutrients...

or if it magically sped up the blooming time...:rolleyes:

But hey even Miracle(it'll)Gro works for some ppl so...:confused2:

I've neverheard of any definitive "potency increaser". I've heard of certain stressors perhaps aiding in trich stacking (i.e. heat stress, uvb's, etc.)

To be honest the supplement industry shld be ashamed of themselves...most of these additives do little to nothing except make your wallet considerably lighter, and some of them are outright dangerous. I remember reading that a few had known carcinogens in them. I hve never used additives and most likely never will. Given adequate light, ventilation and nutrients MJ does fine on it's own. I use GH 3 part and occasionally some Cal/Mag and that is it. Too many snake oil salesmen out there. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
To be honest the supplement industry shld be ashamed of themselves...most of these additives do little to nothing except make your wallet considerably lighter, and some of them are outright dangerous. I remember reading that a few had known carcinogens in them. I hve never used additives and most likely never will. Given adequate light, ventilation and nutrients MJ does fine on it's own. I use GH 3 part and occasionally some Cal/Mag and that is it. Too many snake oil salesmen out there. Jmo

couldn't agree more.. it's one of those things where I step back and think for a second.. if a supplement were the "holy grail" of supplements, I wouldn't be hearing about from that company's website.. or the "hydro guy" at the store..

I'd be hearing about it from respected members on these boards..I'm not about to be someone's test mokey.. for free anyways..

as far as potency...

all things being equal its about GENETICS!!! Cain't no supplement make good weed out of bad/mediocre weed...

Hamster Lewis said:

I couldn't agree more. Over the years, I have tried this and that, but I never really saw any difference in yield or potency. I really do believe that most of it IS snake oil. And I agree, they should be ashamed of themselves.

damn... Never knew.. And THG, in your ealier post when you should "If you lollipopped those, you didn't do it nearly enough. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...5&d=1225035125 This is a Speed Queen that I grew a few years ago and lollipopped quite severely (out of necessity). I already had pulled this pic for another thread so decided to post it up as an example.

In all the years I have been growing, I really have not seen any increased yield from the "snake oil" the hydro guys peddle. I also would not flush the last week. Most of these guys are NOT growers, but all of them ARE salespeople."

what do you mean by you wouldn't' flush the last week? Isn't flushing before harvest a must?? BTW, i see your point, I definitely didn't loli pop enough at all... NIce plant though! Thats beautiful!

Well I guess this next time around, I will pay more attention to the amount of plants and the lighting i have. Thanks yalL!

EsC420PoT said:
what do you mean by you wouldn't' flush the last week? Isn't flushing before harvest a must?? BTW, i see your point, I definitely didn't loli pop enough at all... NIce plant though! Thats beautiful!

Well I guess this next time around, I will pay more attention to the amount of plants and the lighting i have. Thanks yalL!

LOL--I mean exactly that. IMO, flushing is NOT a must. In fact, I believe that it is detrimental to yield--we are asking the plant to pack on a lot of resin this last 2 weeks. It is like starving yourself before a marathon to "cleanse" your body. Bud that is properly dried and cured will smoke just as well as bud that is flushed (starved) the last 10 days to 2 weeks.

Well from my experience and from what iv learned, not flushing will make the bud taste like fetalizer or very harsh. Thats the last thing I want. I truley agree with what your saying though, I honestly wanted to feed them up until maybe 4 days to harvest, then water one big watering with plain (unfertalized) PHed water to where the water run off is very excessive (as an attempt to remove most the build up in there. And then leave em soakin up plain water the last couple days then snip! But from talking with some of my very skilled growing friends, they have somewhat convinced me that atleast a week - 2 weeks of flushing is a must. They told me that its not starving the plant, it makes the plant use up every last bit of nutrient that is already built up within the grow medium. SO by the time it's cutt, it was still being fed, but in the end result, it used up all the nutrients and therefore you dont have the nutrient taste in your mouth? What do you think THG?? I DUNNO!!?!?!?

I never flush and never have a harsh or fert taste in my buds. I agree 100% with THG!

I also have never flushed before and I thought my bud tasted great....:)

I flush....once maybe twice if it don't go down the first time :rolleyes:

Yeah I feed up till the chop as well, have the smoothest tasting smoke. it's all in the cure...

EsC420PoT said:
Well from my experience and from what iv learned, not flushing will make the bud taste like fetalizer or very harsh. Thats the last thing I want. I truley agree with what your saying though, I honestly wanted to feed them up until maybe 4 days to harvest, then water one big watering with plain (unfertalized) PHed water to where the water run off is very excessive (as an attempt to remove most the build up in there. And then leave em soakin up plain water the last couple days then snip! But from talking with some of my very skilled growing friends, they have somewhat convinced me that atleast a week - 2 weeks of flushing is a must. They told me that its not starving the plant, it makes the plant use up every last bit of nutrient that is already built up within the grow medium. SO by the time it's cutt, it was still being fed, but in the end result, it used up all the nutrients and therefore you dont have the nutrient taste in your mouth? What do you think THG?? I DUNNO!!?!?!?

LOL--what do I think? I think your friends are wrong. I'm not sure what you mean by "very skilled growing friends", but I have been growing for over 30 years. I never flush plants....ever. My bud is never harsh, never tastes like fertilizer. I will put my bud up against anyone else's for flavor and smoothness. And regardless of what your may believe, it is starving the plant. Let's say that you are 10 pounds overweight. You are not going to be allowed to eat until you use up all the excess food built up in your body (loose that 10 pounds of excess weight you are carrying around)---same kind of thing. Trust me, you would be starving, have little energy, and definitely not be in any shape to run a marathon--which is what our plants are doing at the end of flowering.

I also don't flush and my nugz taste and smoke great.....if my plants are really green towards the end of flowering I might hve them coast in on just water the last week but no flushing. Jmo

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--what do I think? I think your friends are wrong. I'm not sure what you mean by "very skilled growing friends", but I have been growing for over 30 years. I never flush plants....ever. My bud is never harsh, never tastes like fertilizer. I will put my bud up against anyone else's for flavor and smoothness. And regardless of what your may believe, it is starving the plant. Let's say that you are 10 pounds overweight. You are not going to be allowed to eat until you use up all the excess food built up in your body (loose that 10 pounds of excess weight you are carrying around)---same kind of thing. Trust me, you would be starving, have little energy, and definitely not be in any shape to run a marathon--which is what our plants are doing at the end of flowering.

:yeahthat: (except the "growing for 30 years" part :))

WOW! I'm blown off my chair! I can't believe a majority of yall dont flush?! I mean, I will always agree with what yall tell me, I just had no idea! I'n ever person I'v talked to, or book I've read, or video I've watched, I have always been told to flush at least 1-2 before harvest. Is this wrong info? Or just out dated info? Either way, will do guys! I will from here on out feed up until the cut. But have actually flushed the plants last night.. Guess ill just do this one with a flush for 5 days and chop, next round will be done a bit differently.

How many people flush their outdoor veggies before harvesting, raise your hands :ciao:

Not me...

flush or not to flush---i don't flush cause i want my plant to grow at full steam ahead until the second it is harvested---i also recycle my soil therefore nutrients are carried from 1 cycle to the next---only reason why i could imagine making any sense to flush is if you are doing some hard core industrial feeding or pest eradication that is strong enough to carry the taste/poison thru the cure---i can tell the taste difference in the taste of hydro weed grown with chem v. weed grown in organic soil---hydro chem actually even burns faster---maybe just my bias :D

If you go ahead and flush this time and cure it good then on the next run, don't flush and then cure out good then you can tell which works best for you :)

When I started growing, many moons ago, I grew in a small greenhouse. I also had tomatoes and peppers in there. I had never heard of flushing. You harvested and consumed. I purchased a book by Rosenthal and Frank (LOL--copyright 1978). It did not mention flushing anywhere....or if it did, I missed it. I probably didn't even hear of flushing plants until the late 90s. It just never made sense to me and since my bud always burned well and tasted smooth, I never did it. I also do not see how those who do flush do not understand that diminishing food everyday is, indeed, slowly starving the plant.

If plants where ment to be flushed they would put a silver handle on the side of the pot

Latest posts

Back