Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey brewmasters, say I want to recover my spirits during RSO. Do I just need a distiller? What components would my stove top need to keep me in alcohol?

I kinda like the science lab look. All I know is boiling flask tho. Erlenmeyer? Tall curly q thingy? Bunson burner.... That's all I know. I'll go research it.
I kinda envisioned a tiny still that I would just assemble and set on my stove. I need to go learn about this.
I know you guys talk about it from time to time but I only had a passing interest in it. Rose showed me the thing she uses..... Actually I think all you guys did already. I just don't understand what it all is and what does what just yet.
Brother in law came through for me. The bud smells like dog leavings. It really does. I'm intrigued.

Last edited:
Good Morning OFC...Sorry to hear you ran out Nov...I know that is a lick right at the holidays...man those dispensary's are making some big bucks it seems. No wonder we are growing our own! Another work weekend here....no better feeling than coming home and the first bong hit melting the day away. Long range forecast showing some polar energy coming down the pipe in about 10-12 days or so....guess ol' man Winter is dropping in for a visit. Smoke that magic flower while you got it!

images (4).jpg

Good morning yall!
Crispy cold this morning but I got my blanket and an electric space heater I snuggle up to.
( not quite as nice as shared body heat, but certainly less arguing. ) lol
I had to toss 5 babies that weren't doing anything. So I put in some more seeds to germ.
Black jack X Jock Horror
Cheech wizard X Grand daddy haze and B.O. C.
Our humidity is under 30% now so I guess I need my humidifier back.

Last edited:
Nov
I make my shine for duel purpose. I use it for RSO and on the blue moons I even take a sip or two. I'm trying to find a safe outlet for a little now and then to help finance a larger copper still.
After I have my shine made I extract the rso from my weed then recover my alcohol in my flower tower rig. I think Roses system for recovery is the easiest but I used to play with ghetto lab equipment a lot and still like the science but I only work with cannabis now. Most things created in clandestine labs are......not so good for you, but Weed Is!
Have a great green day yall!

Morning OFC - It's dark -- Coffee and a pipe on the menu !
So the master of the benzene ring used to do some street chemistry ?-- I do not even know what that means !--

Nov it never hurts to add another skill to your tool box !--Brewing is like growing -- So simple to be so complicated !
Yeast eat sugar - ethanol is most of the waste product they produce -( sugar liqour - most moonshine-- is made with sugar water and yeast)- When the yeast eat all the sugar the mash/must is put in a sealed still - when It's heated up to 190 alcohol starts vaporizing but the head (the nasties) -- the **** that will blind U or kill U becomes vapor 1st -- The vapor rises and leaves the still thru copper tubing and travels to the Thump Keg -- A sealed container that has an in and an out line -- vapor comes into thump keg drops any moisture that may have got in the copper line from the still -- It's sometimes called a doubler or a puke bucket -- vapor passes thru thump keg and on to the Worm-- A worm is a condenser -- a coil of copper line passing thru a container of water - The vapor condenses back into alcohol and liquid alcohol runs out the end of the copper tubing -- The 1st 10 % is the head -- contains the poisons like acetone and methanol-- U throw it out -- Then U hit the heart of the run -- The ethanol- when the alcohol is mostly evaporated the alcohol content coming out the Worm starts dropping -- U can use a tester but most just taste it on occasion as it gets close -- When the alcohol is mostly gone U have got the tail of the run and U done --
There are several ways to remove the head -- Some start putting it in jars that they number as ot comes out and identify the head and how much and which jars to throw out with the head in them by the number -- Gloman has a good way of getting rid of the head -- He cook it off until he hits the tail -- Then empty and clean the still then put the liqour back in it -- He knows how much he puts into the still so 1st 10% that cooks off gets trashed and then nothing but good liqour is left -- Double distilled ! -- 180 -190 proof is possible with double distilling--

Wake and Bake !-- let's do this day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning yall!
Crispy cold this morning but I got my blanket and an electric space heater I snuggle up to.
( not quite as nice as shared body heat, but certainly less arguing. ) lol
I had to toss 5 babies that weren't doing anything. So I put in some more seeds to germ.
Black jack X Jock Horror
Cheech wizard X Grand daddy haze and B.O. C.
Our humidity is under 30% now so I guess I need to set the humidifier back up.

I don't even drink anymore but U don't have to distill to make potent sipping liqour -- I make fruit wine in 5 gallon buckets -- water will freeze before alcohol so I put the 5 gallon bucket of wine in the freezer overnight -- Next day stab a hole in the ice and pour out the liqour !-- I remove about 3 gallons of water outta 5 !--

ms-sNGN301.gif
Good morning, toots! Just getting caffeinated and ready to go to the dump!
I am trying to transfer some biocanna Flores into a less leaky bottle to toss the old one into outgoing recycling, and there's like, crazy sludge in the bottom. It smells exactly like Thai fish sauce. Roomie is offended. Dog; not so much. He wants some on his kibble. Sorry, fuzzy dude. Not for Dog.

That's better !-- Chilly in the mudhole-- Dogs been fed and went back to bed --Little Bastids !- Found my hash oil cartridge under my pillow -- Still works too !--
One day I need to compile a list of things things some y'all do in your grow rooms that is totally against the law -- I ain't stupid - I know bout some that other stuff y'all grow -- I brew in my grow room
-- Bad people that's what y'all be !-- Well not really bad just do what U want is more like it !--
Put the vape pen down Other Keef !- U can't be trusted when U all high and **** !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back