Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the high 60s low 70s today in the mudhole -- Come on down to Texas Cane !-- Housing is cheap but if they catch U growing or smoking--U going to jail !-- If they don't catch U it just makes U a better more devious grower -- That will come in handy later when they say U can only have half dozen plants !-- I was created in the fire of prohibition -- 6 plants ?-- Sure I'll get right on that ! --
Raining again !

Good morning ofc, looks like the sun is up out there...meal delivery day so we do that take the rest if the day off...jam night tonight too...oh boy...
Just checked on the seedlings...one of the purple haze just keeled over and died...weird, they were both looking fine yesterday the coco coir is damp and I don’t see anything wrong with the way it was but there it is...I had them under a humidity dome...guess I’ll pop another...
So I just popped a trio of Mendo Cookies...thanks of8...
Your so right keef, they are very fragile at this stage so I’m lookin forward to growin out some clone one of these days...not yet...
A87F930E-CF6E-4AAD-92E0-B0A344C8BBE3.jpeg

Last edited:
My SKS on the way !-- no scope - no shoulder stock !-- just a pistol grip and 30 round mags - needs some more bullets !- filling up 30 mags use a lot of bullets !-- Gloman I forgot - SKS shoot 7.62 -x- 39 or is it 7.62 -x- 59 ? -

Morning Nov - a - Cane !
7.62 x 39
Lol. I use 2 30 round clips each time I go shooting. Probably shouldn't but its just so easy and when its "acting" like a full auto ya go thru em Fast! :)

Last edited:
On it Rose !-- If I can just get them to the Bat Cave then I got'm-- I'll clone the males !-- I got grand chillin from both but this the last of my original seed - See If I can't make us some more seed - - may be awhile but if I got the boy and girl it'll happen !

Gloman I need me a pistol but I don't think they sell what I want?-- 410 gauge shot gun revolver ! - for up close work !

Last edited by a moderator:
Me like !-- If I woulda had one for the alligator fight I mighta won !-- Dam he was quick !- Made ole Keef run like a girl -- after he run outta bullets - I was shooting and scooting - Speed loader for that snub nose .38 in my tackle box just laughing at me while I was on top that hotass car hood !-- I let the alligator keep the fishing pole !-- Gator swam out and just crunched my red and white bobber and swam away !-- My old stonedass put another one on and put a treble hook right below it !--- He came back !- I set the hook and it was on !-- I didn't know he would come running out that water at me like that !-

Today's adventures took me to a Federal Game Reserve out by Windsors Ruins...they had a Window 10 Machine but I think it never had any updates...it was 2 badges and a Biologist there...n all seemed technology challenged...they said..."we do not trust those update down loads things"......well trust this...your machine will stop working correctly without them. Not much rain today Keef but it is coming back tomorrow and then cooler Friday...try not to make a bad face ...Winter is coming back Monday...highs upper 40's and lows in upper 20's...about 3 days worth....but dry!

Windsor Ruins...it was constructed pre Civil war only by a few years though....the only picture is from a drawing a Union soldier drew when Grants Army passed in 1864 The house burned 1890 while the owners went into Port Gibson for shopping....a tossed cigar on the top floor is suspected cause. This plantation was over 21,000 acres and had land in LA and MS....this is very remote rugged area the house was located in. A Generational farm and very old. The Columns are 45 feet tall and the top observation deck yielded a view of the MS River 5 miles away. Every thing there was hauled from the river with animals and slave labor. The Live Oak Tree is 200 years old all most....you have to stand next to these ruins to grasp the true size of this house.

"Built in 1859-61 by Smith Daniell who only lived in the large mansion for a few weeks before he died. The Windsor plantation once sprawled over 26000 acres. Legend says that from a roof observatory, Mark Twain watched the Mississippi River in the distance.

A Union soldier was shot in the front doorway of the home. During the Civil War the mansion was used as a Union hospital and observation post, thus sparing it from being burned by Union troops.

However, after the Civil War, during a house party on February 17, 1890 a guest left a lighted cigar on the upper balcony and Windsor burned to the ground. Everything was destroyed except 23 of the columns, balustrades and iron stairs."

IMG_20200115_075514114_37.jpg IMG_20200115_075603497_HDR_37.jpg IMG_20200115_075653489_37.jpg IMG_20200115_075703463_HDR_37.jpg sketch.jpg slide-b-sign.jpg

We had a couple sprinkles earlier but it didn't add up to much - been warm and wet here ! - Technology challenged ?-- sounds like me - I can search--do e-mail and get here!-- I can but even here I have problems getting to PMs -- That's about the extent of my computer skills !-- I don't use my phone the way others do !-- I don't talk on the phone -- I text !-- It's a brain Injury adaptation to limit information overload -- If I have to talk on the phone I am gonna have a bad day and be pissed off for awhile ! - Plants looking OK after being neglected for few days -- If I'm on my game they can go a week unattended -- I know because I lost power for a week during Hurricane Harvey - got back and They looked a little worse from wear and tear but alive and willing!
Nice place HP !

Set up an aero grow box - ripping plants out the dirt -- Got hot and had to check on my dogs -- bout half way thru -- turned the ac on for awhile must be high 70s ?-- HP when U say we get winter again ?-- That's how we do down here - Round here we have a few cold snaps and then it's spring !

I wonder how a heater like this would do in my grow cab...That cabinet is located in my shed/shop with no heat...it doesn’t get too cold in the daytime but at night, dips pretty good so I need a heat source in there...the big cabinet is about 2x3 ft and the small one is about 2x2... I have a small heater in the large space an it works fine with a inkbird controller so it’s only on a few minutes at a time...in the small space there is little floor room so I think I can mount this on one of the walls and it should be able to warm a small space easily...I’ll continue using the external controller that I have...what’cha think?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX9K1JI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
14F40052-6274-4E74-86E5-C463FDB9D215.jpeg

Last edited:
My 5x5 is in my bedroom.. with a door separating the flower room...I have a 300 Watt Ceramic in there and on 30* nights it struggles...well insulated and heat from bedroom assist it. I have to go to the 1500 Watt heater on colder nights . 200 Watts might not handle it in non heated/insulated building.

My problem Is cooling not heating - if It was gonna freeze I would probably switch my lights in veg to 24/7 and it would be enough !- Rarely something gor me to worry about !

Thanks Umbra !-- I had my questions about naturally occurring !

Edit :-- Catching up on my news !-- Ain't looking real good for Ole Apricot Head !-- If I ever get in trouble I do not want Rudy on my team !-- His buddy Lev gonna be on Rachel Maddow tonight bout all those incriminating notes and stuff his lawyer released today !-- political name should just quit !- When U caught -- U caught !-- He got caught !
Go sit over there by Nixon !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back