Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning OFC

Rainy morning here.

I talked to two of my Nephews last night. They are in there late 20s and they wanted to come and visit today. I told them I am observing the shelter in place order by the Gov. I am old and not taking any chances. This is serious. I love them but no way I am going through this shelter in place only to have them possibly bring that virus from the Bay Area to me way out here. They are young and feel "bullet proof" like I once did at their age.

Nice pics Umbra!

Time to smoke and watch the rain.

Enjoy this day friends.

B1, maybe visit in the yard? Keep your distance. They could sit in their vehicle, you all stay on the porch? I think this social distancing thing is here to stay for a few years at least. We gotta work with it quick. There's always Skype too! Facebook's got that dang video chat tablet too.... AI is about to run rough shot all over us...

Good morning OFC

I have some clean up in grow aisle one. Mildew got me, or I should say I got myself by not having decent ventilation in the seed cloner. I had better get a seed stock built up. I'll let the coeds play together. Life happens and I don't trust relying on clones without a back-up plan.

Everyone is in isolation in my world. The grandkids are now at grandparents (us) daycare. Their regular daycare is too easy to let CV19 in. Our daughter is married to a transplant survivor and at high risk. They are working from home. We don't want to be a way for CV19 to get in so we are isolating too. So I'm stuck here with canna. I guess I'll just try to make the best of it, bigsmile and struggle through.

Today, the granddaughter will be learning to sew face masks together. She wants to learn. I learned that doctors have tested N95 face masks and found that they can be sanitized by beating to 158°F for half an hour and reused. That should take some pressure off from suppliers and slow down the hoarding. When I worked, facial hair was prohibited for safety and sanitation. When I quit, I grew a beard and mustache. How I'm shaved again. Nobody recognizes me. But face masks will seal better. HEPA filters are installed. We are hunkered and bunkered.

Stay safe and well.

They would have to drive an hour and a half to get here. We talked on the phone. That will have to do. I always give them some herb when they visit. They have an Uncle on their Dad's side of the family that grows. They can visit him or a dispensary if they want to get high and shoot the breeze. There is no way I am passing a joint or a pipe to anyone in these times.

Good morning there old stoners...Wednesday again...We gonna wear rubber gloves today...we just the middlemen so someone in the county jail is makin and packaging this food, we deliver it, and the some old person is supposed to eat it...I’m gonna try and touch it as little as possible in the meantime...I mean it is all sealed up in individual trays but I don’t want to foul or be fouled so glove up...
Forecast last night called for clearing out this current system over the day and be fairly decent for a few days...I’d like that as I’d like to shelter in my back yard for a while instead of inside...
Smart move B1, you can keep up on the phone or video chat as well these days...someday this’l be over...Easter...I don’t think so...cheers y’all

I went head injury extreme when I 1st started chunking some pollen -- Lined up about a dozen foot tall little girls and turnt Waldo loose on them -- Tell me the Black Berry Snow Lotus male "bring the fire" - what U think I'm do ?
So I got a lot of fire !-- May start another 14 varieties at the Bat Cave -- Got more than one project working -- "Weed Store in a Box" - A box of 34 clones from different varieties -- "The Dank Diner"-- A box of 34 clones all with the smells and flavors found in a diner - It's a long term project --
My hammers ?-- Straight up -no fancy terps just mind mowers and brain rapers !-- Then of course the hardest one of all - The Tetraploid Project -- The genetic doubling of a pot plants genetics -- It's become a personal challenge project !--
Still need lots of stuff for the diner ?
Gonna do all this in a pretty much automated Geriatric Grow Unit --
So ?-- I ain't got time to be dying from no dam virus !-- I needs to be in the got dam Bat Cave !-- Signed some more papers on the beach house sale yesterday so that's still moving forward !- Ignoring the local realtor -- She didn't want to show me places when I wanted to look !-- So now I'm be a pain in da-ass ! -

I got a plan for finding a grape something for the Dank Diner and Umbra dump seed to bout a dozen grape crosses on me !-- Thank U Cuz !-- but I hate U too !-- Find A Grape?- dam !- dam!- dam!-- There's stuff and thangs here I haven't planned for --things U don't expect !-- I'm vexed in a good way !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning OFC. I am happy with my second grow so far. These clones are in their 3rd week of 12/12. I need another light on these ladies which is coming next Tuesday (1500 W). It's already in UPS's hands so not worried about delivery but it did take 4 days to get shipped by Amazon after ordering.

_MG_2556.JPG

_MG_2555.JPG

Rant RE bizar (sic) world.

I have not read the post and I did agree to the rules when I signed up for this. BUT the '-isms' and other charges made are one person's opinion. Granted the opinion is that of the moderator who gets paid to make such calls, but I still find it insulting that someone should be in charge of what I see and read. I think I have the intellectual prowess to think for myself. -Ismss are in the mind of the beholder and yours are not necessarily mine. It's a bizarre world when we achieve freedom of speech through arbitrary filters.

Rant Done.

Way I see it I'm a guest in the MP house -- Thier house -- thier rules -- I don't like the rules I can leave-- They can also ask me to leave for any reason or no reason at all !-- It's got nothing to do with freedom of speech-- Fairness or Rights --- It's house rules and how they choose to enforce them !-- U / Me / all of us are just guests in thier house !

I got his email Nov !----I'll check on him !--

U know I'm always complaining about what the head injury took from me but I need to give credit -The head injury takes but it also gives - One my supernatural powers I got -- I call " Read da Room" !

MORNIN'! OFC! Johnny Winter said it best; back when he WAS Alive And Well, but ... sho' nuff true DAT!
Mr. Keef, Sir, I'm saving this photo as reference for all future grows Furrrr-OSTY! heh
Went to the Dr. yesterday(regular 6 mo. everythings chilly with willy) and shopped Safeway on the way back - for the first time in a month. Suh-LIM Pickin's! There were 6 loose potatoes in the organic section, Purple ... potatoes. M'daggum veggie soup gonna be in TECHNICOLOR tonight! Stay Well, ol' folks!
ps my dad got out of the physical rehab place in SC after being imprisoned for two weeks. 91 and not the least bit concerned about the covid. He was telling me that folks acted nearly as crazy back during the Polio epidemic for a long time. He said that if covid is an eventuality for everyone he'd just as soon have now while he's still healthy and before he gets OLD! hahaha
Find Something To Laugh About Today and Stay Healthy!
Day 7 of Self-Q
tumblr_454fceef56c0249f4bed9396f33c4351_1c06deae_1280.jpg

Good morning there old stoners...Wednesday again...We gonna wear rubber gloves today...we just the middlemen so someone in the county jail is makin and packaging this food, we deliver it, and the some old person is supposed to eat it...I’m gonna try and touch it as little as possible in the meantime...I mean it is all sealed up in individual trays but I don’t want to foul or be fouled so glove up...
Forecast last night called for clearing out this current system over the day and be fairly decent for a few days...I’d like that as I’d like to shelter in my back yard for a while instead of inside...
Smart move B1, you can keep up on the phone or video chat as well these days...someday this’l be over...Easter...I don’t think so...cheers y’all

I have to remember to glove up before getting into the dank smelling plants. I like the smell but the sticky fingers not as much. And definitely not before going into public areas.

Trim glove scissor hash ?- I am a fan !-- The trim gloves get too sticky they go in the fridge and are replaced by a fresh pair -- I keeps a blade around to clean the scissors - Eventually the scissor hash flaked off the cold gloves and that scraped of the scissors gets combined on top a pipe !- For the only redeeming feature of trimming !
Scissors still get sticky so I keep several pair in a jar of ethenol -- It will not be wasted !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back