Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started explaining my operation to Auto so I should finish--
I use 2 grow areas - veg at 18/6 and bloom at 12 /12 -- I run a 4 part rotation in bloom -- That means every 2 weeks I move something from veg to bloom -- if It's 60 day finishers after 2 months they start coming out of bloom for harvest every 2 weeks -- I'm not a fan of trimming so this breaks it up - instead of getting slammed with days of unending trimming -- about 4 plants each in my aero boxes -- the plan is 8 boxes in bloom eventually --but I'll start with 4 -Then later double it !--I got about a dozen aero boxes -- So a veg got to be big enough and far enough along to produce 8 bloom ready plants every 2 weeks !-About 5 and a half months from fresh cut until harvest in a cycle !

Edit -- I think it was George Washington Carver who said-- " Keep the best -- Leave the rest "

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,,i grow just for personal use. So i really have never grown more then 4 plants at a time in flower. Ill take clones of the stuff i like and grow again. I have grown clones of clones of clones with no problem. Have only had Spider Mites once and that was an outside grow i put to close to my Strawberry plants. Mites love strawberries. I killed them with Alcohol,water and soap mix. Never had bugs inside.

Going all in on weed was a gradual process for me -- Just turned 65 and 3 of 4 grandparents were centurians -- Seems we either die young or middle age violently or live a long time - I'm to old to die young -- I could have another 40 years of growing ahead of me ?-- I wanna smoke a legal joint one day too -- In Texas !-- When it happens I wanna be there !-- Let them bring In some carpetbagger growers from the legal states - They want to compete they better bring the good **** !-- Ole homeboy be waiting with high class Texas weed !- I want me just a thin slice right off the top !

After the Bat Cave is up and running then It's back to the side project -- Or "The Tetraploid Project"-- The genetic doubling of the DNA of a pot plant !-- 1st thing is become proficient at making feminized seed !-- Then breed me a coffee can full !-- If my formula and technique are perfect
I can expect success in one in a thousand sprouts !-- U wanna know more see Dr. David Suzuki and the story of U.B.C. Chemo -- Polyploids are the last weed frontier - Chemo was out there so I'm go see what I can find -- If I can pull it off ?- I do gots a year of perfecting my formula - lots of lies out there !

I really dont care one way or the other about Texas going legal. Ive been smoking weed most my life and only got in trouble once.
Been growing since i was in my 20s with no problems from the law. Dont care for pot stores nor what they do to the good ole boys that make a living without screwing people taxing the crap outta weed. But to each his own. I have no desire to go into business. Just personal grows where im in control of the strains and no pesticides.

Im still working my ass off. SS won't pay my bills. My Wife gets very little from her SS check because she was a stay at home mom for most her Adult life. So SS doesnt mean shit to me. Someday im sure i will file for SS,,but even then i will still work. If im not busy i gets bored real easy.:D

The further north the better for Temps,,especially if you want to grow some plants outside. I love growing inside in the winter and a few small plants outside in the spring. I keep mine hid pretty good. Im growing a cut outside right now a friend gave me. Thinking i might even grow a few Autos outside. Haven't grown Autos in yrs but they have come along way since i grew them last.
Lowryders sucked.
Good morning OFC. Autos don't compare to good dank. I remember when all weed was outdoor, but indoor is a superior preference.

Shattered face - 3 bulged disc in my neck -- Traumatic Brain Injury -- PTSD -- Fell thru the cracks of the disability system -- Only skills I got left worth a dam are growing weed and making liqour !-- Starting over at 65 --I really got no choice ! -

Edit -- Not looking for sympathy -- In my book da world is in trouble now !--

Hey, I'm anti social leaning personality anyway but my brain is really starting to rot. I'm thinking I need to go to the library and pick up a book but I have several ways to access the info all around me... End the siege, virus. Or give me the sanity to stack free degrees!

Umbra,,i know Autos dont compare to most genetics,,, but there are some Autos that get pretty big and have a pretty good buzz. Ive smoked some so i know,,and im no light weight.
Its really no big deal. I like growing just about everything. You should see my Garden and my yard. I have peach trees,apple trees,pear trees, blueberry bushes and Blackberrys growing down my fence. Pepper plants and tomatoes. Hell i even make my own Cheyenne powder. A few Autos won't bother me.:D
Its my understanding you live in California. With your big grows why arnt you selling to the pot stores? I heard there is money to be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting the Bat Cave up and running gonna be hard for a crippled old man ?-- If I need help there's this little granny just dying to come help me !--
When it comes to weed I think It's each to his/her own -- Lots of ways to grow -- Lots of varieties to grow -- I don't mess with autos because I can't clone them --Plus if U take a racehorse like Nick's GG#4 or other OFC genetics and breed it to a plowhorse Roderalis to make an Auto -- What U get ain't no race horse no more !

Like i said,,no big deal. To each his own. I like rooting for the underdog. Get it,,rooting the underdog. :D
We are all different thank goodness. Other wise i would be a bored bas:eek:turd.

Umbra,,i know Autos dont compare to most genetics,,, but there are some Autos that get pretty big and have a pretty good buzz. Ive smoked some so i know,,and im no light weight.
Its really no big deal. I like growing just about everything. You should see my Garden and my yard. I have peach trees,apple trees,pear trees, blueberry bushes and Blackberrys growing down my fence. Pepper plants and tomatoes. **** i even make my own Cheyenne powder. A few Autos won't bother me.:D
Its my understanding you live in California. With your big grows why arnt you selling to the pot stores? I heard there is money to be made.
The State and County made it hard for anyone who didn't have huge amount of money for licensing. All the designated commercial space got eaten up and rent doubled in most places. Many landlords required multiple year leases for run down outdated properties. In many ways, I wasn't ready and the window of opportunity has closed. Because of the taxes for weed store weed, black market is pretty big here. However there is so much competition, and so much good weed that it is hard to make money at growing. It was a hobby before I moved to Cali, and it's my hobby still.

Doesnt surprise me at all. That's what happens when big corporations get ahold of products. Prices go up and taxes are abundant. Not to mention regulations that some growers cant meet.
The little guy gets screwed. Thats why i dont care if Texas goes legal. All that means is more taxes and screwing the little guys that makes few extra bucks growing dank.
Im glad i dont have to grow to pay bills,,that would take the fun out if it.
I love growing,, i dont want it to be a job,,i have a job.

If I have the choice of standing in line at a food bank or moving some weed ?-- Simple choice for me !-- There seems to be a market in Texas ?-- I don't sell - much -now !-- I'm certainly not above it but just getting this grow up and producing ---- A grower should never be a dealer too !
That is a seperate thing !-- I have no problem supplying a team of dealers - It'll be weed I get shipped in from the free states - I don't even know anyone who grows - especially this kinda quality !-- I just know where to get it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back