Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keef said all he needed to say...ever heard of private message?...IF he shot anyone in the knee...they should be thankful it was not higher. To answer your statement about my signing Peace and my avatar brandish's a long-slide 1911...Peace is my first choice in all endeavors in life...but it is not my only choice.

Good morning OFC

I still have my old stereo system down in the shop. 100 watts per channel. woohoo! The speakers are about 4 feet tall. I added a CD player when those came out. The CD player is the only component I still use. It is a big clunky thing. lol

Another sunny day here in the sticks.

Have a great day guys!
I just found a 30 year old sony cd player in my shed. I asked one of my kids if they wanted dad's old cd player, they literally asked me "whats cds? "
I said "c deez nuts!".....make me feel old, little sumbitch.

Umbra, You say Keef's life was threatened. All the reading I have did about the OFC I find no place where Keef's life was threatened by anyone. Why isn't Keef saying anything about this ? I joined this forum a short time ago and have had friendly interaction with Keef. I have posted on this thread every day, without a problem, until you decided to make it a problem. Where's Keef at ? You keep thinking that i'm someone else. I remember a few years back on another forum that we all belonged to, you were bragging about shooting a young man in the knee. Is that how you handle things, with a gun and gunfire ?
Your threats weren't on this site and you know it. And if you read the post I made about that person's knee, someone asked if I was the one who shot him in the knee and I said NO I wasn't the one who did it. And it was for robbing me at gun point. Yours threats were to member here over a political belief. And you are still not welcome at the OFC. There are other threads and other sites. But you will never be welcome here or a member of the OFC. You don't have any say in it. Only the OFC does

Wrong Again Moron. Nobody threatened anybody. You Boy Keef is a fking liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a couple hours of untangling cords and stripping fresh speaker wire and making room to set up this dusty behemoth with a Bluetooth tapped into the phono in port, I got it running.
Sort of. I have 2 identical 30-ish year old onkyo receivers. One of them has a fault in it somewhere, that makes the output to at least one of the speaker ports crackle and go in and out if I twiddle the volume knob. And it gets that hot electronics smell... yikes. Some speaker outputs (i think there are 6 sets total) are unaffected. I pulled the bad one entirely for now just so I can listen to mah toonz. But several years ago, when I had given up on this stack to revisit at a later date, i found another of the same model at goodwill for ten bucks... Guess which one I accidentally put in storage for parts? Hint: not the parts unit.
So I have music. From one normal speaker plus a little shelf midget. It sounds murky. Something is wrong. I have too few hecks to give right now to drive across town and rummage around the storage unit for the assumed-working one and start over. Pribably going to send the bad one to my dad who restores antique radios for an exam, instead of hurling it into the swamp which is my first instinct. I give up. Think it's gonna be an early night anyway.

I don't know who you think I am, but I am not Weedhopper, nor am I Autogrower. I joined this forum in good faith that I had found a place of respite from the younger generation who seem to thrive on drama. I did not think that I would be attacked and accused of being someone else. Then trashed when I defended myself. I had interaction with Keef and thought I had made a friend and was wondering about him as he is usually in the OFC. Why are you so paranoid ?

Dam, SA & Nick you two are having it rough. I have a pair of tiny, maybe 15w cpu monitors. They are an old LG model that crackle a bit too occasionally but still have good sound. Then I have a great pair of Sony headphones, wh-1000xhm3. Those things rock and bump. They hold a charge for a long time too. They're strong in the noise cancelling department but they also have the ability to amplify everything around too. Neat stuff... I could use better sounds here but the little PC speaker/"monitors" do well enough. Just not enough bass for me.

Last edited:
I never said you were weedhopper or autogrower. But clearly you are posting over at the island of misfits and don't have any reason to be over here. More that that, just because you aren't he doesn't give you a pass. If 5 guys go into a store and 1 robs the clerk and kills him, they are all guilty of armed robbery and murder.
GO AWAY

SA: Assuming its not tubes, I get good results troubleshooting by firing things up and spot spraying the hot spots with CO2. The freeze spray cools the semiconductors so they work again for a minute. Then i decide whether to solder and replace, or just chuck it out. It depends on the size of soldering. The microscopic solderings are out of my skill set.

I've saved important files from hard drives with that trick, such as photos that are irreplaceable. Just keeping a drive going long enough to get a good copy, then finally backing up the new drive. Yeah, we all did that... Or did before the cloud.

With a pair, spare parts are just sitting there.

Last edited:
You already know how you should have approached the whole thing. None of the site shenanigans. None of bogus IDs. Honest, sincere. We want someplace to hang our head. BUT NO you gotta start all kinds of junk here. When you guys left, it was the best thing that ever happened to this site and the OFC. And we don't want you here EVER

Dax that's pretty clever. The symptoms are identical to what that guy wrote out in the link in which case at least I have two units and therefore parts at hand. But although I can solder, I'm not great at it and especially not in tight quarters so I'm definitely getting Pa to help! He pioneered a robotic contact application and subsequent soldering application on a really weird substrate for an industry too specific to mention. This is kinda is "thing" ; )
Edit: lights are on! Quick drink for the plants (and possibly one for the gardener) then it's definitely bed time. I'm pooped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back