Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the chipsets that needed the specialized robotics came out, my fix-it days mostly became a DOS basic programming horse buggy repair skill.

LED repair and builds are a possibility that i had not thought of until now.I

Bye. I gotta research

SA: Assuming its not tubes, I get good results troubleshooting by firing things up and spot spraying the hot spots with CO2. The freeze spray cools the semiconductors so they work again for a minute. Then i decide whether to solder and replace, or just chuck it out. It depends on the size of soldering. The microscopic solderings are out of my skill set.

I've saved important files from hard drives with that trick, such as photos that are irreplaceable. Just keeping a drive going long enough to get a good copy, then finally backing up the new drive. Yeah, we all did that... Or did before the cloud.

With a pair, spare parts are just sitting there.
What do you do to mitigate side fumbling? My malphoid clutch is pre-fabulated ammulite, fwiw.

When the chipsets that needed the specialized robotics came out, my fix-it days mostly became a DOS basic programming horse buggy repair skill.

LED repair and builds are a possibility that i had not thought of until now.I

Bye. I gotta research
Freshman Engineering student computer science class, FORTRAN on HP 3000 magnetic drive with batch processing. CNC mill paper tape.

Wasn't the cuckoo's egg written in the time of fortran?
That sounds like a D and D quest.... The Cuckoos Egg from the Time of Fortran
Fortran was a powerful wizard, fast and calculating. Until he was battered down by an even faster computing wizard....but not before he made his most dangerous creation.....the Cuckoos Egg!

Ya make it too hard. Look for the scorched smelly electronic part. Spray it with liquid CO2. If it works, replace the burnt stuff.

They run on smoke, ya know. When the smoke leaks out, they quit working. The last step of a repair is to exhale smoke on it to refill it.

Cutting edge 386 clone is when i started classes. I even built it to save money. I went to school as an adult.

I am NOT the only one. I just got the biggest mouth . And you are still not welcome. GO AWAY

You are right about one thing, you do have the biggest mouth. You attacked me for no valid reason that I can see. Only because I post in a thread you don't like. I have did nothing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back